rice........

Get innovations here.
kristine13826
New, but learning

rice........

Post by kristine13826 »

I've been reading some of  recipes  here like the  stuffed greek eggplant and others using brown rice. I thought rice wasn't an acceptable item on the ldl program? Well did you know  you can *rice* cauliflower?  Just put it in your food processor and use the  shredding blade!  It works great and would probably make a great sub for  the rice in the stuffed eggplant recipe.  Hope that helps.
niki
Administrator

Re: rice........

Post by niki »

just about six months ago, roger had told everyone that he had experimented eating brown rice and that it was acceptable to eat all the time...actually, he said that about whole grain oats, also......then, he rescinded what he had said and said that they were occasional foods.....so, for me personally, at that time, i added brown rice to recipes that needed it......so, they're still fine to have from time to time.....that stuffed eggplant recipe....how often could someone make that?...it's a treat.......it's good, too....and how much brown rice does one serving have anyway?....a tablespoon, maybe.......
you can have both those things once in a while..brown rice and oatmeal...........   
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..