Yoplait Frozen Yogurt

Get innovations here.
afs89

Yoplait Frozen Yogurt

Post by afs89 »

Okay so I just started the diet a few days ago and I wanna know if the Yoplait fat free yogurts are okay to eat and when is the best time to eat them...I love this yogurt and I love the different flavors and it definitely helps substitute for cakes and cookies! I'm eating fruits as well but I just want to see if eating fat free yogurt is fine as well! Thanks!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Yoplait Frozen Yogurt

Post by CodingQueen »

Hi afs89,

Roger and Mary are absolutely right. I use to eat fat-free peach yoplait before LDL all the time thinking that I was doing something good for myself.

Here's the ingredients:

Cultured Pasteurized Grade A Nonfat Milk, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Peaches, Modified Cornstarch, Nonfat Milk, Kosher Gelatin, Natural Flavor, Citric Acid, Tricalcium Phosphate, Aspartame, Potassium Sorbate Added to Maintain Freshness, Colored with Annatto Extract, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin D3.

Doesn't look very healthy anymore.

CQ
afs89

Post by afs89 »

Thank you guys for your feedback! No more yoplait fat free yogurt for me! Also, another question I have about smoothies...I tried the smoothie in the red book recipe and I love it except I felt that it was a bit watery...could I substitute unsweetened juice for skim milk?
starlight0917
New, but learning

Post by starlight0917 »

Hi and welcome to LDL!  I don't know of a recipe in the red book that calls for skim milk.  I use the recipe on page 46 as a guideline when making my smoothies.  It calls for unsweetened fruit juice.  Also, to make my smoothies extra thick, I always use frozen fruit.  Not thick enough?...just add more frozen fruit.  I hope this helps.
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I also use iced tea in my smoothies.
Starlight is right.  Frozen fruit thickens a smoothie.

Welcome to Let's Do Lunch afs89.
Also a welcome to Starlight.  Nice picture!
mrsj