Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Deb,

How long have you been using ACV?

Mary J

Started LDL in Oct 09

Profile Send private message  

I started using the ACV about Oct or Nov of 2009....my sister Sandra got me started using it again after we started doing LDL.  I love the way I feel using it, but some time I do forget to drink it.

Deborah D.

Goal weight 125 lbs

I enjoy filling a shot glass 3/4 full and drinking it down that way, before I eat....
however recently I have started to notice an 'after-taste'.....
idea's? :wrong:

I haven't given up!  :tongue:
I have still been taking ACV most of the time (when I have been home). However instead of 1 or 2 Tbsp. before my meals I am taking 1 Tbsp. and adding it to my smoothies  :happy: Also am trying it in recipes. For example: salad dressings etc.

I've been eating apples. Usually one per meal. I've heard that can be a great help for heart burn. It appears to be helping. ...and hopefully I am getting the ACV benefits as well as I add it to my foods. Some day I may try it before my meals again but not right now.  ;)

Last edited by Bethann on , edited 1 time in total.

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to add some info for anyone who comes along.  If you have the clear kind of apple cider vinegar, don't throw it out! It may not be of any health benefit to consume, but it does have one wonderful use-- clearing fruit fly infestations!  :D  With all the fruit we consume, that can sometimes become a problem in the summer, especially if you buy fruit from an open market stand.  Put out little bowls (about 1/4 cup or so) of distilled apple cider vinegar and add one drop of dishwashing detergent.  The detergent breaks the surface tension on the vinegar, so when the flies land, they immediately sink!  Change the vinegar out if it evaporates much, or if there get to be too many drowned flies in there for aesthetic comfort.

If you keep your fruit tightly covered, dirty dishes out of the sink, and the garbage tightly covered, the vinegar will clear away the pesky little critters in about a week.  This is the one good use for distilled apple cider vinegar that I've found!  White vinegar, btw, shouldn't even be sold as a food imho.  I use it as a cleaning and laundry agent, and for that it excels.

Hope this helps!
Tess

You are right TessTN.

I use the distilled vinegar in laundry and for getting rid of the fruit flies also. Works great as a glass cleaner too.
Vinegar with the "mother" included is the only edible kind.

Welcome to LDL and hope to hear more from you.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Yes, Tess, please come back here every day you can, to join in with helping others.

God bless,

RT

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

TessTN wrote:
White vinegar, btw, shouldn't even be sold as a food imho.  I use it as a cleaning and laundry agent, and for that it excels.

Hope this helps!
Tess

I agree. White vinegar and old newspapers are the best for cleaning windows. :thumbsup:

CQ

Quite informative information mentioned above.I find this info very interesting. I do use Braggs vinegar for no particular reason. Now I know why besides it tastes good.