Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Get innovations here.
SweetRose
Master Member

Re: Vinegar Could Help in Losing Weight

Post by SweetRose »

Crickadoodle and CQ have such great ideas- both offer wonderful info!

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

I sure have appreciated CQ and Crickadoodles imput here on LDL!!  :rose:

I wish I could be in Crickadoodle's class! It sounds encouraging!  :thumbsup:
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Again, Just wanted to thank everyone for the helpful information on here! I just reviewed the postings on Apple Cider Vinegar! I needed to review as it seems so easy for me to get off track and forget some of the helpful suggestions.
Thanks T-rock for the excellent article ... very interesting!
The Doctor said I could stop taking my Nexium but I still have some strange ache in my chest. I don't want to go back on it so I am hoping that ACV will help me and I am also hoping it will help with other ailments I have such as my blood pressure and aches in joints....
My son in S. Korea is having some problems .... so I am going to recommend he start taking ACV.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Well, I want to give you an update on my progress. I have been faithfully taking the organic ACV (with hot water and Stevia) 10 to 15 minutes before my meals for the last while and the ache in my chest is gone. (...caused by stomach acid.) I also sometimes would take some at other times if I thought I needed it. :thumbsup: I am very happy  :happy: about that as I didn't want to have to go back on Nexium. The Doctor had said at my appointment in February that I could quit taking Nexium and take it only when needed. She mentioned with the new way I was eating I shouldn't have trouble with heart burn like I had experienced before however there did remain that ache in my chest that I was concerned about.

I am finally loosing more weight as well but I am doing a number of things that could be causing that....and I am sure they are all helping. I am being stricter following LDL plus I am exercising more regularly etc.  :)
I am hoping in the long run ACV etc. will help me to get off my blood pressure medication and also help my osteo-arthritis.

I am guessing that this means I need to be taking ACV for the rest of my life?

Have a great day!  :rose:
Beth(ann) :)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Bethann,

I know people in their 90's that have been taking it every day for years and are quite healthy. When you consider the price of Nexium (plus all the other meds like anti-hypertensive/NSAIDS for osteoarthritis, etc.) versus the price of ACV...I think I'd rather go with the ACV.

CQ
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Bethann,

How much water do you use with the apple cider vinegar, and also how much vinegar?  I have been on 40mg of Nexium daily for nearly 7 years and I would love to wean myself off of it.  Of course, most of my problems come from a hiatus hernia that I have had for the last 20 years.  But since I don't eat nearly the amount of food I used to (I used to overload my stomach and eat late at night), maybe it's time to see if I can do with out it.  In the early days, I tried apple cider vinegar for the heartburn, but it actually made it worse.  That might be because I was taking the vinegar by itself.  Taking it with water and stevia may do much better.  Thanks for your help.

Blessings,
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!

Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Sylvia:
I have a generous cup of water with 2 tbsp. of organic ACV. I take the Stevia to help the taste. Sometimes I've taken it straight though and drank water after though I don't like to do that...so strong tasting of course.
I hope you can be healed of it! Saying a prayer for you!  :rose:
I never had had digestive problems but one long weekend April or May/09 I had terrible pain in my chest so that I couldn't even sleep and I felt ill as well. I was given a prescription April/09  for 40mg. Nexium. to be taken once a day. It did help. Then of course Early Feb./2010 made an appointment to ask my Doctor if I needed to still be taking it?
I asked her for a better description or name of what I had been experiencing and she just said heart burn (even though It didn't seem to be what my husband and son experience or what I had experienced the odd time for heart burn and in those cases Tums seemed to relieve it easily). I am encouraging my husband and son to try ACV.

Thanks CQ!
Your sure right about the price of things plus I would rather do things as natural as possible of course! We always figure we know better then God and make our own concoctions but his ways are better then our ways.  :)
My Dad took ACV for 32 years as I said before but he had stopped before he died which I think that was a mistake as he had some problems that could have possibly be related at the end there. It makes me wonder if he had kept on it if it would have helped. We presumed he stopped taking it because he was diagnosed diabetic and he probably thought he shouldn't be drinking the honey (& water) he mixed with it. He never discussed it with us so we are guessing.
Beth(ann)
Last edited by Bethann on March 5th, 2010, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Thanks for the info, Beth.  I will definitely try taking the vinegar this way.  I do like to put it in my fresh carrot/apple juice, when I'm in the mood to make it that is.  LOL  I will start taking the Nexium every other day, and each week or so, add another day in between, and hopefully I can get completely off the Nexium.  I also have an abdominal hernia, and when (or if) I ever have to have it repaired, my surgeon said he could take care of the other one at the same time. I had colon surgery in October, but he couldn't get to the hernia without making a much larger incision, and he didn't want to do that.  Hopefully I won't ever have to have either one repaired.

Thank you for your prayers.  God has healed me of cancer twice, so I know the power of prayer. I am in agreement.

Blessings,
Sylvia

CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

leisuregranny,

To get the best results, it needs to be taken on an empty stomach. That's why it's best to drink with water and then wait for about 15 minutes before eating. You can still mix it with your juice. The more you use it the better.

I use it on my salads and in other foods in addition to drinking it before my meals.

CQ
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

Thanks, CQ!

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Yes thank you CQ  I haven't done the vinegar in years outside of having it on salads and veggies.  I will try drinking it before meals and see what happens.  Also, I love reading all the info you have been putting on to educate us.  I have learned so much since being on LDL on how to live healthier not just lose weight.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

YES, CQ!
With much appreciation from Beth(ann)
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Your Welcome, Guys! I appreciate your kind words but I'm not here for the recognition. I just want to help educate everyone.

"Knowledge is Power." The more you know now will save you a lot of heartache down the road. The last thing I want to see is for everyone here living in a nursing home and feeling like they have nothing to live for in their lives.

But I would like to ask everyone to do me a huge favor. I was asked to tutor a student once and he asked me how much I wanted in return for my time. This is what I told him, "Instead of paying me to help you....if ever you're in a position to help someone else in need...do it! And if they ask you the same question that you just asked me, tell him/her the same thing."

So, in other words, guys, just keep doing what you've been doing...telling everyone about LDL. Eventually, we should be able to make it around the world. Too bad we can't do it in 80 days.

*hug*
CQ
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

:rose: That's great CQ!
You are such a blessing!
Thanks again!
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Greetings and Good morning!  :rose:
I want to update you on my progress with ACV.
This last week was stressful for me and though I was taking ACV regularly Unfortunately I did start to have the heart burn again. (:blush: Guess I got too excited too soon! -my apologies...) I am trying to figure out why? Was it the stress? Or is it because 2 times I took ibuprofen? Am I taking too much ACV or taking it at the wrong time since I have had problems with heartburn and ACV is some kind of acidic?

I am concerned for you Leisuregranny .... I wanted to update especially with you in mind. I am thinking I need do more research or talk to a natural Dr. or someone who knows more then me. I would recommend the same for you of course.

Any Advise CQ?  :rose:

I really want to keep taking ACV because I do have many of the ailments it is said to help.

Someone mentioned ginger could be helpful? (for heartburn?) to me as well. That's interesting because ginger was given to us free when we visited Japan with our meals in restaurants. That and green tea.

Very busy today but I thought I better post this.
Take Care and have a great weekend!  :rose:
Last edited by Bethann on March 12th, 2010, 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Thank you for sharing that Little Mary!  :rose:
I have never heard of that before!
So interesting!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Ginger Tea is also used to treat heartburn (GERD). I've even seen mixtures of ACV, ginger and garlic juice used by the Amish.

I would definitely stay away from Ibuprofen/Motrin. It's a NSAID and causes a lot of problems (ulcers, etc.) in the esophagus and stomach. It's also known to cause liver damage if taken too often.

Calcium will also help to alkaline your body. Heartburn is a symptom of an acidic system. STRESS WILL CAUSE YOUR BODY TO BECOME ACIDIC.

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

marysimmons wrote:
Bethann wrote:

Someone mentioned ginger could helpful? to me as well.

If someone is queasy from being sea sick or if they have morning sickness, at work we always make them some fresh ginger tea, which is simply hot water infused with fresh ginger root.  It works better than a lot of meds.

Little Mary

Bethann,

That's why a lot of pediatricians will prescribe Ginger Ale for children when they have nausea and vomiting. It helps to settle their stomach.

CQ
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

I love to put my ACV in with my water and unsweetened apple juice, this way I don't have to add any thing else.  I use one of those 16 oz red glasses you get at Sam's Club, and put about a 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice then fill up with bottled water and then add 2 Tbsp ACV and drink up.  I love it this way.  I need to go the the health food store and get another bottle of ACV I am almost out.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs