New here from sunny FL

Get innovations here.
Mary J
Master Member

New here from sunny FL

Post by Mary J »

Hi Everyone,

I am new here!  I just found this site yesterday.... read it all afternoon,, great recipes!  I just ordered the book this morning... Can't wait to get it!  I have had to watch my weight my whole life,,, I am now 56 yrs old....  And I HAVE to exercise... I recently discovered the pilates reformer,,, OMG,,, I absolutely LOVE IT and what it has done for my body... Now, I want to eat healthier... I do watch what I eat, but I also eat way to much processed foods and way to much sugar... I don't have too much weight to lose thank goodness, but hope I can at least drop a couple of lbs eating this way...

Anyone have any idea if the orginal Fiber One Cereal is alright to eat?  I love it,,, and have eaten it for years now... with fresh blueberries, banana's, raisins and skim milk... thats what I had for breakfast this morning... I hope it wasn't a no no?

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Mary (in sunny FL)
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
mrsj
Master Member

Re: New here from sunny FL

Post by mrsj »

Welcome Mary J from sunny FL!  Glad you found us!

Even though you've had to watch your weight your whole life, it sounds like you've done a pretty good job since you don't have too much weight to lose.  It reminds me how Anita (Neets), wife of the author of Let's Do Lunch, had only 8 lbs. she wanted to lose but ended up losing 23 lbs. eating this way.  So you've come to the right place!

Eating according to this plan has helped me big time in leaving the sugar and processed foods alone.  It's amazing how cravings go away!!

About the Fiber One Cereal:  The first job you take on when buying any product is to read the ingredients.  This is more important than reading the usual Fat/Calories/Carbs nutritional facts.  So, can you tell us what the ingredients are in the cereal?

Also, this is what the author, Roger Troy Wilson, says in the book you ordered.  "Cereals (whole grain only) Note:  I did not eat cereals while I was trying to lose weight, but if you must have a little cereal occasionally, eat as little as possible and make sure it doesn't have sugar.  If you need a sweet taste, sweeten the cereal with Stevia."

I have learned there are foods that are healthy but not good for us if we want to lose weight.......like nuts.
However, don't worry.  Whatever you think you can't do without now, you will more than likely find something here to replace it.  My desire for the things I used to eat has been replaced with desire to eat the Let's Do Lunch Foods.

So check out recipes here as you wait for your book and learn this great way of eating.  I think you'll like it.
mrsj (also from sunny FL :D)

Btw, here's a link to a favorite breakfast - Savannah's hot blueberry pie:
http://www.letsdolunch.com/boards/index ... pic=5777.0
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

So check out recipes here as you wait for your book and learn this great way of eating.  I think you'll like it.
mrsj (also from sunny FL )

Thanks mrsj!  Looks like lots of FL people on here!  I am sooo looking forward to getting my book!  Can't wait!  Thanks for the yummy recipe!
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Hey Mary J.  Hope you are enjoying eating the LDL way...the foods are great and the soups are out of this world!!  Pizza Soup, Taco Soup and Creamy Roasted Garlic are my favorites...I hope you will try them if you haven't already.

I'm a native Floridian (Panama City) transplanted in Texas now...but Florida will always be home.

Welcome to the boards and Happy LDL Eating!
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

o2bthin;
My memory is shot, so we may have already discussed this...
But I live in Abilene, TX and I was raised part of the time in Tampa, FL
(Born in TX; moved to NJ at 8yo, Fl at 10yo, IN at 12yo, FL again at 14yo and TX at 21yo.)
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote:Born in TX; moved to NJ at 8yo, Fl at 10yo, IN at 12yo, FL again at 14yo and TX at 21yo.

wow, nj........i live in the same town i was born and raised in, 50 miles from where i was born and the house my mother took me to when she brought me home from the hospital.....
i think that's great that you've been to so many places in your life....
although, you probably don't feel that way....it's rough to uproot kids from their school and friends they've made and move them all over the place.............
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Haha! In the town I was born in we moved 6 times to 4 different houses before I was 8 years old.
My parents were raised on farms. Always moving on to a place with a better chance at producing... I guess it affected them. They and my older brother always had "rambling fever". When I turned 21 I left my parents home, moved back to TX and stayed!
lol
NJ

By the way, I LOVE NYC. I spent a lot of fun times running around adventuring there when I was 8 & 9yo.
o2bthin

Post by o2bthin »

Enjae, we have a lot in common.  I moved around as much as you did.  My dad was in construction and followed the work.  We moved 4 times in one school year!!!!  But, I was very happy to spend my senior year and graduate HS in my home town of PC.  Moved to Houston in 1971 and have lived in this area ever since (several moves, but always in this area).  We might have passed each other on the road going or coming, ya reckon?  So, here we are now, on LDL's boards, getting aquainted.  Nice to meet you! 
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Cool! My best friend was in Houston before they moved back home to the African continent. I made several trips down there to visit (Houston, I mean). I hope to see you in San Antonio!
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Welcome to the forum and this  WOE. It is great and I think you will love it.
Glad to meet you. I've lost 20# in 3 months and was unable to loss and keep it off on any other diet or way of eating.
keep sharing, it helps keep you motivated and connected. Also it will help to encourage others,
Bobbi