"mashed potatoes"

Get innovations here.
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: "mashed potatoes"

Post by witheraway1 »

Jsprik, I agree with you. I don't like any of the phony foods. I can't make myself like the Bills mashed pototoes or the phony pototo salad. To me none of it tatse  like the real thing. But I don't crave it and am ok not to pretend. So I don't make pertend foods. But if others like it it is fine with me.
nana thomas

Post by nana thomas »

Not sure if every one can find these..but I bought Pictsweet(brand) frozen Butter Beans and just cook(maybe 30 min.) with water( just alittle above beans) then mashed with their own juice and they were delish...
GardenGirlAtHome
New, but learning

Post by GardenGirlAtHome »

I made creamed cauliflower just like I would cream potatoes and put a tablespoon of my husband's boxed mashed potatoes and that did the trick for me ;}  I hadn't read any of the recipes for mashed potatoes with the beans yet ;{ But be that as it may, I am converted to creamed cauliflower for my "POTHeATO" for life. I don't even want my husband to learn to like them. LOL He doesn't need to eat to lose and it is more for me to enjoy guilt free.

GardenGirlAtHome
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkysb4f/]
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Next time instead of thickening with the highly processed mashed potato flakes, try puree-ing a can of Butter beans.
I have mixed mashed butter beans with cooked cauliflower and it tastes great! Probably better than plain mashed butter beans.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...