LINDA RN
Master Member

Excerpts from New Yellow Book INTRO, DEDICATION, ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Post by LINDA RN »

You've heard of Dr. Atkins' diet
and Dr. Agatston's South Beach Diet..

•Introducing a New Diet,
Inspired by Dieters and Their Amazing Reviews on amazon.com

This is Roger Troy Wilson's 5th rendition of the Let's Do Lunch book...
2003, 2005, 2007, 2009 ... and now introducing
THE COUP DE GRACE OF ALL DIETS!
Eating Until Full includes Red Meat, Sausage,
Poultry, Fish, Cereal, Eggs, Popcorn, Popcorn Mini Cakes, Corn Thins, corn, corn on the cobb, beans peas, carrots, Snacks, Sauces, Condiments, Dressings, and Simple Recipes.

Roger Troy Wilson studied to be a concert pianist, founded a multimillion dollar corporation, became a club golf champion, was a partner in a Wall Street brokerage firm and a partner in two Burt Reynold’s hit films. He had achieved success after success in life but just couldn't overcome his only meaningful failure ... his obesity. Then, after trying and failing at diet after diet, he decided that because doctors and nutritionists hold such widely varying views on how and what to eat in order to lose weight, the only logical way to find the answers would be to use trial and error to discover what works and doesn't work.

With the help of God, he came up with those answers and wrote a book that reveals them-Let's Do Lunch. In the process, he lost 230 pounds and 21 inches from his waist and has kept them off for years. Wilson and his wife, Anita, reside in Bonita Springs, Florida

LET'S DO LUNCH
Roger Troy Wilson
© 2021 Roger Troy Wilson

DEDICATION

TO
Ty Wilson

Our son, without whom the first Let's Do Lunch book
would never have been written

Ty put some seedless grapes (on the vine) in our freezer, in October of 1988.
I, being morbidly obese at the time, went to said freezer to get my usual ice cream. Upon seeing the grapes, I felt one of them and immediately realized it was frozen solid... the grapes were Ruined!

I asked my wife, Anita, why she had put grapes in the freezer? She replied that our son, Ty, had done it. Being the father I was at that time, I called Ty at his business (Two Stooges in Fridley, MN) and accused him of ruining our perfectly good grapes. He then informed me that the grapes were not ruined ... and, in fact, they were a great snack food. "Try one, dad," he said. "They taste like a delicious popsicle! And, they are good for you ... you ought to eat them instead of all the chips and dips you eat while watching TV."

I immediately went to the fridge, plucked one off the stem, put it in my mouth, bit into it ... INDEED, it was delicious! I continued to eat all of them that night. My mouth was frozen numb, but I found myself completely satisfied and not hungry for anything else. The next day, I put more seedless grapes in the freezer (pounds of them), and that night I again found myself eating them until my mouth was numb.

Then, I awakened in the middle of the night, with the idea that I could eat all the fresh fruits I wanted ... that drinking fruit smoothies (with texture and taste like a milkshake) would be much better for me than all the garbage food I had been eating. Three weeks later, my clothes were loose on me. I had obviously lost some weight. That was the beginning of my awakenings with ideas on what and how to eat to lose weight.

So, thank you, Ty.
You inspired the start of Let's Do Lunch, and thus have helped God bless others with it.

Your grateful dad

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS

Her Ph.D. doesn't begin to describe the intelligence and talents of Jan Dargatz, whose vision morphed my inspiration for this book into the wonderful read which you are about to Enjoy. And her talents didn't stop there-she also penned most of the mind-grabbing verbiage throughout.
I have never in my life had a more pleasant experience working with anyone. I'm just sorry it had to end. I will always be your friend, Jan, and I'm so thankful we share in our goal to help God bless as many other people as possible.
Now for an accolade a long time coming ... Little Mary Simmons entered my life in 2003, when she ordered my very first Let's Do Lunch book. Her involvement since then has taken her from a size 12 to a size 2, which then inspired her "European Chef' background to develop innumerable Let's Do Lunch Recipes. As you prepare the tasty simple recipes within, try to remember to thank Little Mary, whose genius is responsible for so many of your pleasures to come.

Linda Harris, R.N., became a Let's Do Lunch’er after her husband saw my interview on the700 Club and shared it with her. Together they also found themselves loosing weight and getting healthy. Linda was inspired her to join our non-profit cause and give of her time and efforts to develop our website and counsel Let's Do Lunch’ers ever since.

Neither Little Mary nor Linda have ever taken a dime for their efforts in helping God bless others with Let's Do Lunch.

Have you ever Loved someone so much that to just touch her actually brings you pleasure? Such is the Love of My Life, Anita, my wife of 65 years in 2021. Throughout our years together she provided me with a Completely Free Atmosphere from which to work without problems. She also is responsible for so much of Let's Do Lunch that it is impracticable to mention here. That said, I want to tell you a Love Story. On January 1, 1956, in Rolling Prairie, IN, I met Anita -through my best high-school friend...we were double dating and Anita was His date! When I first laid my eyes on her, I Immediately fell In Love, and professed that love to my parents that very night ... saying, "I just met the girl I'm going to marry, Mom and Dad!" You can imagine their response.

I find myself almost every day thanking God for that double date.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...