FRUIT (Freshest Whole Fruits Whenever Possible)

In implementing the LET'S DO LUNCH eating plan I strongly encourage you to always Focus on what you CAN eat, not on what you shouldn't eat. The list below includes dozens of foods, which can be combined into literally hundreds of dishes!
LINDA RN
Master Member

FRUIT (Freshest Whole Fruits Whenever Possible)

Post by LINDA RN »

FRESH FRUITS
Apples Apricots
Berries:
  • blackberries,
    blueberries,
    raspberries,
strawberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Grapes
Grapefruit
Honeydew melons
Kiwifruit
Lemons
Limes
Mangos
Oranges
Papaya
Peaches
Pears
Pineapple
Plums
Tangelos
Tangerines
Watermelon

SPARINGLY
Bananas
Raisins

RTW: Raisins are actually dried grapes, of course. You'll find, however, that it's much easier to eat twenty raisins than twenty grapes-in other words, you would be wise to eat grapes and frozen seedless grapes instead of raisins.

CANNED FRUIT
Applesauce-natural, unsweetened (Mott's) Cranberry sauce-whole berry (Ocean Spray)
Fruits canned in their own juices or with light syrup-drain and rinse well (Del Monte No Sugar Added)
Fruit cocktail-"lite," well drained and rinsed (Del Monte Snack Size) Mandarin oranges-drained and rinsed before use (Geisha)
Mixed fruit-in itsown juice (Del Monte Chunky)

RTW: Do not buy sweetened or "candied" fruits. Do not buy fruits canned or frozen in heavy syrup. Do not use bottled or canned cherries.

FROZEN FRUIT PRODUCTS
Blueberries-no sugar added
Cherries-dark, sweet-no sugar added Raspberries-red no-sugar added Strawberries-no sugar added

FRUIT JJUICES (Canned and Bottled)
Apple juice (Dole} Lime
Mango
Orange-freshly squeezed
Pineapple juice (Dole}
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose7

Re: FRUIT (Freshest Whole Fruits Whenever Possible)

Post by SweetRose7 »

Is unsweetened grape juice allowed? I didn't see it on the list of juices.
SweetRose7
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Grape juice is one of the highest concentration of fruit sugar, so use sparingly. I use the 100% grape juice but usually no more than a couple ounces usually to take communion at home. I am surprised Roger listed Pineapple juice since it is high on the list of natural sugar also. For juice, I usually use V8 since the leftover advice from Weight Watchers was tomato juice was considered "free".
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Hi Linda!

Can you tell me what foods have been added to LDL in the new book, or what red book foods that may have been eliminated? When will the new book be out?

Thanks!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I posted what I was able to scan from the new manuscript.
Have not had a chance to compare with the red book.
Linda