Smoothie 101

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
Jedi2ndcl

Smoothie 101

Post by Jedi2ndcl »

I am new to LDL, I am new to smoothies. I want to say I had some sliced apples I had put in the oven with cinnamon and some stevia sprinkled on them. I had some for an evening meal and when I was making a smoothie the next morning I put four or five slices in with the regular items the book says to use. Wow! It was Christmas, try this. You :D will get a hint of cinnamon and baked apple. It was really good. Eat more Fruit!

I have to say I've been a Let's Do Lunch eater for a week and I absolutely love it. I want to at thank you for helping me. Finally I feel I have a means to get off the diet treadmill.

I have not weighed Myself, but I am happy to say my stomach must be shrinking because both my belt and pants are less stressed. :D
omalani
Master Member

Re: Smoothie 101

Post by omalani »

:ymapplause: Standing ovation :ymapplause:
It's not about numbers on a scale, it's how you feel when the sugar blues lift and the cravings are gone.
May God grant you a smooooth sail as you enjoy smooothies
Aloha, Leilani
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Jedi,
So happy you are able to catch on so quickly.
LDL is all about adapting the principles to your personal lifestyle and tastes.
Adaptability is what makes LDL a WOE rather that a diet and lasts a lifetime.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Welcome Jedi, to the best way to eat. JF
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Jedi,
I just stumbled upon this post. .
I just wanted to Thank You for this very simple but absolutely delicious smoothie.
Baking the apples with the spices is the key. This time of year and in my area. Apples are very inexpensive.
They are one of my favorites fruits in this world!
While cooking other items in my oven ( since I turned the thing on anyway) I put a cookie sheet of apples and spices in too. Man oh Man do my house smell WONDERFUL!
I am freezing this batch just to have the baked ingredients on hand when I want that "hot toddie" at night all curled up on the sofa..Good Stuff!!
I see you haven't posted for awhile. I hope you come back and share other idea's like this. I love the simple one's. Life just needs to be more simple at times! even with my new vita mix..

Zest
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I have been eating a lot of apples lately. They are not only plentiful this time of year, but also sooo delicious here as well. I enjoy the simple recipes. I'll freeze some, so thanks for the idea. :ymhug: JF
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I have been eating a lot of apples lately. They are not only plentiful this time of year, but also sooo delicious here as well. I enjoy the simple recipes. I'll freeze some, so thanks for the idea. :ymhug: JF
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Hi JF,
Mom never made a lot of pies, but she was always pleasing Dad with cobblers and crisps. Now, that I don't really want sugary "crisps" as sweet as she made them. I am going to try just the baked apples from the freezer, top them with black eyed peas or garbanzo beans I have roasted and just heat until the apples are warm. Probably at a high temp to keep beans crunchy but not high enough to burn..Ohh that sounds yummy!
Now I want to hunt down the closest apple orchard and buy them by the bushel!
Zesti