Breakfast

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
Jedi2ndcl

Breakfast

Post by Jedi2ndcl »

This morning I made a two egg surprise. Using a small ceramic skillet sprayed with olive oil, I whipped up one egg, and about one egg white that was remaining in the carton in the frig and then I added a little bit of everything.

As the two eggs were forming in the skillet, I added a spoonful of refried beans, a dab of salsa, a spoonful of chopped onion, four slices of hot pepper, one cut up small tomato and a little bit of green pepper. Oh and for fun a spoonful of corn and a spoonful of green peas. I topped every thing after I flipped it over once with a single slice of no fat cheese.

Since coming on board to Let's do Lunch, my wife has complained about the over stocked Frig, so today I helped make more room.

I'm putting this out to see if this was an okay breakfast. I also ate baked apple slices for my fruit this morning.

For added energy and to block cravings, I intend to make a fruit smoothie and take it with me on the way to work with me.

I did manage to get to the gym this morning. I'm 58 and I learned not to call it working out, I call it rehab.
The gym is a fun place to be, especially when your leaving the place feel just a little bit taller than when you got there.

Everybody have a great Day! :D
VickiLynn
Master Member

Re: Breakfast

Post by VickiLynn »

Wow...that was one big, healthy breakfast. And, I love your "rehab" gym.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I get the same complaint from my husband but fresh fruits and veggies take up more room in the fridge. It is also better too leave them whole till you are ready to use, because they lose some of the vitamins as you chop them and process them. The less processing the healthier. When you have a spouse who is not in on this plan it is difficult because you have so much food. I have started saving my beans in zip lock bags because cooking the dried beans is so much cheaper, takes up less space, and you can control the salt better in the recipes. I don't add salt when cooking because I use some beans in my smoothies, and I find I am sensitive to salt and my face gets puffy when I eat too much. (like the popcorn I had last night) Any way I want to try this Brkt, I love mexican food, but have to stay out of restaurants because once they bring the chips and salsa/cheese dip, I tend to lose control. At 70 and still working, There are time issues too and sometimes I throw out a lot of food. I may have to learn from my daughter and Shop off the menu and more often. I would like to get back to my "rehab Gym" as well, since my back injury I haven't been there. (1/27/13) I may need to see a physical therapist and work out a plan. I do mostly water exercises. Add your recipes to the board, we all love to experiment and play with our food! :)) The important thing is to eat healthy.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

All ingredients were LDL "legal" so continue to be creative.
Be sure to post your successes as I know you will have many discarded inches, pounds, diseases and discomforts.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

You made me want to clean out my frig. It sounded great!!! :D JF