Earthing -- interesting and I've found very beneficial

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Earthing -- interesting and I've found very beneficial

Post by crickadoodle »

The first time I heard of Earthing or grounding, I was curious, but skeptical. I walked barefoot out on the lawn a little, but really didn't pursue this any further. Then I saw this video and I got more curious to look into it deeper. I have since purchased a few products to be able to be grounded while indoors -- and even have slept grounded the past 2 weeks and am amazed by many benefits we as a family have experienced. Mom's blood sugar has further improved, my husband's snoring is improved, I fall asleep so much more quickly and sleep much more deeply, I also have this sense of well being that I didn't have before, my husband doesn't get up in the night to go to the bathroom anymore, and the weirdest thing I've noticed is my mom's chronic dandruff has practically disappeared. ?? That one is just really obvious to me, though I wasn't looking for it.

Once you think about it, it makes sense. The human body is electrical -- think, what do they do when someone's heart stops? Those electric paddles on the chest attempt to revive. Modern man walks around insulated from the earth and isn't grounded because all our shoes are rubber soled practically. You wouldn't run your refrigerator ungrounded, but we live totally ungrounded for years at a time. This video is really interesting and enlightening:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... n=20130804
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Earthing -- interesting and I've found very beneficial

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, I forgot to say, one of the things they measured is cortisol -- and this is the stress hormone that is linked to weight gain. It is reduced by sleeping grounded, plus you get better sleep -- and all the studies being done on weight gain bring out how important sleep is to weight control.

I am just amazed at the restorative kind of sleep I get when sleeping grounded. It's hard to explain, except that this is very different from what I've experience for years, if not my whole life. I have this deep sense of well being I didn't know before. Some of the stuff I've read on it says that there is a calming effect on your central nervous system.

I was very skeptical, and when I started wanting to try it, my husband rolled his eyes in a cynical way. He has experienced it himself, and tells others that there is something to this. I've got to admit that I love when that happens. :D
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Crick,
Thank you so much for posting this info. I had never heard of "earthing" officially.
Hey, I have always been a barefoot kinda gal anyway! I am really enjoying the read on this info.
Zesti
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Zesti, we are amazed at how our sleep has changed for the better. I get deep, restorative sleep every night now -- and I find that I dream every night. From what I understand, dream sleep is the deepest level of sleep. Someone, please correct me if I am wrong about that. I am wanting to research electricity, now, and understand more fully just how electrical the body is.

I have been giving blood for years and earlier this year I just could never get my iron level high enough to give. I gave up trying, but now that I'm earthing I had a feeling that my iron level would be sufficient. I went to give blood the other day and showed absolutely no deficiency in iron. My blood pressure was quite low, but not too low to give. It was 90 something over 70 something. I can't wait to see my cholesterol number. Earthing is really good for the blood -- it is great for circulation and increasing oxygen to the blood, which is why it does so much good for your body. All the cells need that oxygen and all the nutrients the blood supplies. So if you have good blood and good circulation -- you are going to be healthy I think!! Makes sense, doesn't it? I never thought something as easy as sleeping could make me so healthy. Sleeping grounded with my earthing sheet. I found some manufacturers that make conductive material and I'm going to attempt to make my own earthing sheets and mats -- which will be so much cheaper than buying them already made at earthing.com -- but I DO NOT regret one penny I spent on my sheets and mats. I got a kit for us and one for Mom. I just know that the cost is prohibitive for some and I want to give them options and tell them how to do it cheaper.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

:ymhug: :ymhug:.. Thank you so much for being "My Favorite Guinea Pig" ok, we need to find another title for that!
Just reading the site got me thinking about electricity in another way too. I was ready to sign up for the first Electrician course! But, DH said " Why not just learn to change my light bulbs first!!..smarty pants!!

Sitting outside with my feet in the grass is a beginning, I know. But, hey! Every one has to go to bed sometime right? and my sleep pattern has been so un-healthy in the past. It has gotten better just by living LDL. But, if I can get a mat for the bed. Hey, that's a NO Brainer!

One knowing that "what works for one doesn't work for all" is also a no brainer to me. BUT! When it comes to the rules and laws (and lack there of) of what is available to the consumer leaves the door so wide open to "scammer's". It does the good worthy product such aserious injustice. It is a waste of money and unfortunately, hurts the product that does work well. So, if you could share with me the name brand of the item you purchased. I would really appreciate it. I use my own brain filters of what is doable for me and what is not.
I am a Penny Pincher! only because I have learned the difference between NEED it and WANT it. I just grew up that way. And, I have to say here. It's funny how I applied that to material things in my life and not food. :-? :-? Now, I am learning the difference of needing healthy food vs. WANTING JUNK!

I so appreciate God blessing Roger with writing/sharing LDL with us and for the people like you it brings me to know. You and the others on this site, to me, are nothing short of AWESOME!!

I CAN'T wait to get your Home Made Version. No pressure! I will practice patience here.. :-*
Maybe we can refer to it as "The Crickadoodle Crinkle! We can fold it up and take it with us where ever we go.. =)) literally =)) =))
And, yes! REM sleep is very much needed for the human body. It is the dream sleep where our bodies and minds get the most restful, restorative sleep. I learn that the hard way. And, it's why I still try to get proper sleep. And, I will keep trying! I believe it doesn't have to be 8 hours a day, it just has to be in a state of REM and dreaming. I love to dream...The basic's of a good sleep and a good life!
Zesti,
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I got my Earthing kit at earthing.com. It was the kit for $199.00 that had a 1/2 sheet and a earthing mat and the book comes with it, various meters -- one to check your outlets and one to check the material's conductivity, a grounding rod (in case your outlets aren't grounded for some reason), and some cords and electrode thingys. It seemed the best value. I ended up getting 2 of them, one for Mom. So, I'll get back to you on how I make my own, after I do this.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I just received some of the conductive material I ordered to see if I could make a less expensive version of the half sheet I bought on earthing.com's website. I paid $4.99 a foot for the material and this will work fine. The simplest way to do it is to buy a cord for $7.99 from the earthing.com website, the set of 50 earthing patches for $19.99 (which is way more than you need, but still cheaper than buying the product), and the material for $4.99 a foot from lessemf.com http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html#1209 The cheapest material is called ex-static. This is what I got. There are other more expensive materials that would work too -- as long as it is conductive. Oh, and 3 feet of the material should work great -- it is 63 inches wide. You can sew a cheaper fabric on both ends, so you could tuck it easily under your mattress to hold it in place. There would be shipping and handling from the two sites, but if you made more than one, this would even work out better. My lessemf shipping was $9.50 for 6 ft. of material. $13.50 for the earthing.com. So the total for a half sheet would be approx. $66.00 -- but, if you ordered more material and cords, you could make several and they would each be a lot cheaper because the shipping is $23 of the cost. The cost of a half sheet is $129.99 without the cord on the earthing.com site.

Well, my husband told me that there is a way to do this without buying the cord or electrode things. So, that would be even cheaper and save $13.50 on shipping, because it is stuff from the local hardware store. It involves soldering the wires, but he does that when he builds his guitars. So, I'll be making these for family and friends, I think. They'll probably cost a little over $20 a piece!! I love helping people get healthy. :)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay I am simply amazed and blown away by God's Grace once again. I have been studying this for the last month or so myself. I read an article somewhere about how to help reduce pain by walking, sitting or standing on grass in our bare feet. I hadn't let my feet touch the ground in over six years while living at my old apt. Since I have gained all of my weight back I felt I needed the support of my thick soled tennis shoes. When I read that article it really resonated with me and made total sense. I mean God created this earth and created us to live on it. We are ALL just energy masses. I could get into the whole metaphysical principle behind it but I won't because it's long. LOL! But we are all made up of atoms and energy. We are all connected to each other, animals, plants and electricity which is also simply energy.

I prayed and asked God to help me have more understanding of this, give me wisdom and help me to implement anything that would help me. The apt. I live in now has concrete floors. I spend as much time as I can barefoot now. I also go outside and stand in the grass in front of my apt. There IS something too this because the numbness and pain in my legs is greatly reduced. I know God is healing not only my back but my circulation as well. And, I am not surprised he is doing it with the earth he made.

I wasn't aware of these mats and sheets and I haven't read the article yet but I'm going too! :) Crick you are so lucky to have a guy who can help you make them cheaper. Thank you for sharing this! I know sometimes it takes a lot of courage to share something that others might find "off the wall" or off topic, but I think it's just an extension of the healthy life God wants all of us to have. *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by crickadoodle »

LP -- I've been praising God for revealing this to me through the video I watched. It has given us a new level of health I didn't realize I was missing. I think this is a very important missing piece of the health puzzle. If you are interested in the Earthing Kit I purchased, it is this one: http://www.earthing.com/product_p/esk.htm
It comes with a half sheet, so you can sleep grounded; a grounding mat, for when you are on the computer or just watching TV -- or I've even brought it in the kitchen when I'm cooking; various meters, one for checking the outlet to make sure it is grounded and one to check the conductivity of the grounding item; several cords; the book and some electrode things. I will never regret spending the money on it because we are all sleeping so well and getting healthier. I just now realize there is a less expensive way to do it once you understand the thinking behind it.

I also ordered these grounding sandals for my birthday and they'll be in on Monday. I can't wait!! I've been wanting to get some, but they can retail for $135!! Ouch! I found them for $47.25, but now they are up to $50 on this site. http://www.6pm.com/juil-vista-white Still lots cheaper than $135. I also saw them for $87, I think -- but still that was more than I wanted to spend without trying them on first. They also have clogs, which would work in the winter. I might wind up getting them too, if I find these sandals comfortable enough. I like the idea of being grounded without having to be totally barefoot for certain situations.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thank you for this post Crick! :D The sandals are beautiful. I wish they came in a wide width. I guess I am going to have to wait till I've lost some weight. *L* I love the clogs too. When I was thin I used to LIVE in clogs. I'm looking forward to being able to wear them again. *HUGS* Thanks again. You are awesome!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thank you for the shoe site. I have been looking for a nice semi dress shoe and the black clog looks just like what I need. Will. Be ordering soon. Just wish they had them in white so I could wear them for work.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

This site really has great prices compared to all the others I saw!! My shoes come in 2 days -- so I can't wait to try them out. I will report back on how they fit and feel. I like the brown clogs and might be getting those after I enjoy my sandals. :)