back again!

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: back again!

Post by LINDA RN »

They come out whole and as soft as canned beans. I have what I believe is a 6 quart Presto stove top stainless steel cooker. I put water in the pot up to the first line on the inside of the pot and turn the fire on high while sorting the pinto beans. Then rinse sorted beans and add to heating water. The level should now be at the second line inside the pot. Then add 1/4 cup coconut oil (Louana-NOT extra virgin) or I have used olive oil and/or fresh lard (not hydrogenated). Do not add salt. Seal the lid and within 30 min from start the rocker on top should start rockin. Turn heat down so that the rocker continues to "jiggle" and time it for 30 min. Turn heat off put keep lid on until cool about another 30 min. Then take rocker off and lid should come off easily. Now you can salt and pepper to taste. Cooked this way, we don't have gas from them. Of course we also take probiotics regularly. Have to admit this is hubby's recipe. He made many batches to perfect it. Fortunately beans are not so expensive. Now you will have to cut way back on the time for navy beans. He usually only cooks them 15-20 min. Still leave lid on until depressurized. Black beans take less time as do garbanzo's. Never had beans to block the vents.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Hi Linda!

Good to hear from you! I have heard from a few of the ''regulars ''besides yourself and was wondering about the others, too. The ones who posted all the time?

I'm wishing that the LDL program would be publicized more, because I think it's a wonderful WOE and losing for most people. I know there was talk of plans to have another article featured at one time, but haven't heard anything since.

I have tweaked the program a bit for myself and so far it's working. My clothes are looser already! I always stay with the principle food list but have added the 5:2 plan, just once or at most twice a week. Still eating the LDL foods on these days. Also, like Roger suggested in the book, I do not weigh myself all the time! I'm just eating LDL foods and merrily going on day after day assuming I'm losing. I'll weigh in again after a few weeks. This way I don't get discouraged by what the scale might tell me because of normal weight fluctuations haha! I know this doesn't work for everyone, but that's how I lost 28 pounds in three months the first time on LDL. I was only about 12 pounds from goal. Of course I regained those pounds by consuming all those sugary treats, so now I would like to lose 40 pounds. This would put me into a healthy weight range. And who knows, I may be able to come off my blood pressure meds if the doctor agrees. I take a lowish dosage now so it may be possible. Anyway, I'll just stick to this wonderful eating plan and know that I'll be thinner at some point!

How has your LDL life been? Did you make it through the holidays OK, or, like me did you begin again the first of the new year?

I'll look forward to corresponding with you Linda, and others, too! So glad I'm back!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Linda, for the recipe. I gave my pressure cooker away years ago. I may have to consider another purchase!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

3/14/17
I bought a stainless steel electric pressure cooker for my daughter. She loves it because you just set it and forget it. It works as a slow cooker too. She lives in Alaska and is very busy with her last 2 of 5 children. She is also in the USPHS and working at a native Alaskan hosp. in Anchorage. They love it. I still have the non-electric stovetop model and must confess I have to be very careful or I forget it. The other day I burned a pot of hot water that I put on to boil for pasta. I dozed watching TV and found the pot empty and very hot metal, when I awoke to a scorched smell. So I don't think I should buy anymore pasta! I will be giving away hundreds of $$ worth of food. Come over after work Linda! Looking fprward to living in Iowa. Anyone in Des Moines or Ankeny, private message me so we can meet. Love life with LDL.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Glad your house didn't burn down and you're safe #:-s

Omalani, I used to live in Anchorage for nearly 35 years! Last year I moved to England after marrying the most wonderful man in the world. :x It is really my home now. I wanted to love Alaska- and I do have many happy memories there- I love Homer!- but the crime rate there had reached an all-time high, and am so glad I now live in a small town by the sea. However, I have friends in Anchorage who would not live anywhere else! We do a lot of walking by the sea and often in a lovely countryside setting ; now I don't have to be concerned with a bear popping out of the bushes! :)) It sounds that your family is very happy in Alaska and that's wonderful.

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/11/17
Much has happened in the last month. On 4/17 my granddaughter saw a sign on the Park Place apt. and called them. They saw my apt. on Friday, 4/18. They posted a pic on FB, I liked it so they put down a deposit. My daughter and grandson is law drove down Sat. .Packed up the big things on Sunday and returned to Iowa on Monday. It took me till 3/31 to get my apt. emptied and cleaned. I left 4/2 with my car fully packed to drive to Des Moines. After having dinner with my granddaughter and daughter, at about 7:30 pm They brought me to my new home. It was love at first sight. I am happy here, family close by and surrounded by lovely things, I am starting a new chapter in my life. It has also been easier to eat LDL. Life is good and I have lost a few lbs. There is much less stress in my life! Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

That is so lovely! I can feel your happiness. :D

SweetRose7
SweetRose7
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/14/17
During the day 2 churches across the street play a hymn and chime the hour. I love it and find myself singing the hymns. It is also a reminder that the day is slipping away. I am getting more done without a TV but I miss it at times. I went to water aerobics all week and am meeting so many new friends at the YMCA. Joy was my first lunch guest. It is always good to start life with joy. She goes to water aerobics and takes my daughter Thai Chi class. I fixed a version of knock your socks off soup. (Thanks Little Princess) I started out with leftover spaghetti sauce with Turkey Italian sausage, then added the veggies, onions, celery, bell pepper, a package of frozen mixed veggies, chicken boullion, and Italian seasoning. I had stopped by the St. Vincent De Paul thrift store and they were giving away free Italian and Artisan sour dough bread so I picked up some to give to my kids. It went nice with the soup and I did take some to my granddaughter house that night. I confess I had several slices that day, but I am back on track today. I do have a problem resisting good bread with a thick crust. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Congratulations, Leilani, on your new home and life!!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

4/15/17
Thanks Pam. I love the midwest. It must be my pioneer spirit. I look forward to having a container garden on my balcony. We had our family Easter dinner today, all 3 granddaughter and 3 great grandkids. Unfortunately I ate too much. But like Scarlet O'Hara, I say: "I do that tomorrow, because tomorrow is another day"' Life is good!
Aloha,
Leilani

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Have a blessed Easter, Leilani! I am happy for you that you have found such a wonderful place to live. Enjoy!