back again!

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
snowbirdie
Master Member

back again!

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi everyone . Its a new year and time for a new start. I have been using a lot of recipes from ldl and a lot of old recipes too. So decided to drop old recipes and jump back to pure LDL. Ha Ha I have been naughty. Tell you something funny. My puppy likes to drink my perrier water! If she sees a bottle she pests till I give her some. But she loves any flavoured water. Any way I am gonna look for some new soup recipes cause that is my favourite meal. Wish you all a wonderful new year. Judie
omalani
Master Member

Re: back again!

Post by omalani »

Welcome back Judie :ymhug: I am enjoying the warm weather in Pacific Grove, Calif. My daughter lives a very busy life, so I am adjusting to it. She sings at the Monterey Plaza Hotel and does private parties. She will be working on New Years eve, but gets off at 10PM. I am working on getting my kindle ready to read. I am really enjoying these spring-like days and getting a lot of vitamin D in the sunshine. Life is good! B-)
Last edited by omalani on December 31st, 2013, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Oh we are in the dead of winter now, but I love it. It will be -42 tonite
air temp not wind chill
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome back Judie, my goodness it is cold where you live.

We have had some cold and snowy weather here in BC, but today people are walking around with a light coat, or no coat at all.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome back, Judie!!! Happy New Year ;) !
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Judy
I think many of us are ready for a pure LDL New Year.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

:) I'm back!

It has been quite a while since I have logged in to LDL! Missed you all! At first I had trouble logging in; I guess it had been so long since the last time, that my username was ''lost'' and couldn't be recovered. I had to create a new profile. My name is still SweetRose- remember me??- but added a 7, so it's now SweetRose7.

Much has happened - all good things - since I last posted. I married the man of my dreams and am living permanently in England. It took a lot to get here, waiting for my visa while working with an Immigration lawyer for a year. You would not have believed all the paperwork as well as emails going back and forth during this time. It was frustrating and seemed almost hopeless at times. But Ray and I never gave up! Thank the Lord we had Skype to get us through. Ray already lived in England at the time. ( Born in London). We talked it over as to where we would like to permanently live. We knew we wanted to live in a small town or village- not London- so we have settled in Minehead, population 11,000. It has everything we want and the surrounding area is breathtakingly beautiful. All of England is lovely, from what I've seen. I have been here since May of'15 and still have to pinch myself because I still can't believe I'm finally here. We live close to the sea- a dream of mine- and also The Avenue with all it's shops, tearooms and restaurants , is also within easy walking distance. Nothing is more than a 5 minute walk away. And crime here seems virtually non-existent. There are beautiful parks and surrounding hills of green. A I gaze out my lounge window I see sheep grazing on those very hills. I love it here! And I have to say that I have the best husband ever! :ymapplause:

So now, that I'm settled I need to get back on the LDL program! Actually, I started January 1 so I am already into it. But I want and need your support! I miss posting and reading your posts. Are there any changes to LDL? I know there was talk of revisions to the red book but haven't heard if any were made. I continue to read the red book and still am in awe of Roger's great weight loss. I love the foods and can get most of them here with no trouble. In fact, corn thins are priced VERY low where I live. Yay!

Anyway, I hope you all are well and happy! I've missed you and hope to be part of the LDL community again.

Love,

SweetRose7
SweetRose7
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

1-9-17
Welcome back, Sweet Rose! Good for you for starting back on this way of eating. The boards are very slow, but a few of us check in most every day. Please keep us posted. I am back at it myself after a long cruise and then Christmas. I have been very good since New Years day, as well!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

Hi Sweet Rose Good for you I too have started back on the plan never really off as I really like the way of eating. Just had a snack fest the past few months but that is over now. Do you know where Hanley is? Near stoke-on -trent. My dad was born there. I look for a picture of the town. It looks quite big. Would like to find street where he was born. How different is life in England? Have you seen the queen? She is a beautiful Lady. Love her corgis too. I believe she might have only one now. Anyway welcome back.
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Thanks Roger and everyone!

I am glad to be back on the LDL program and posting again. I have re-read many of the discussions on the forum, and some of the recipes, too.

Snowbirdie, Hanley is about 185 miles from where we live. I looked it up and it looks like a nice area. We plan to visit as many places as we can! Out next trip will be to Cardiff, Wales. It is just a 2 hour train trip from Taunton, which is about 22 miles from here. There are some differences here, especially in word usage and many foods, too. When I first arrived I was shocked at all the wonderful- looking desserts- they call them puddings-and I have to admit that I have given in and consumed quite a few! That's a big reason why I am back on LDL! haha! No, I haven't seen the queen. She has been ill lately anyway. Not too many people see her in person.

Thanks again for the warm welcome Roger, MsHeirloom and Snowbirdie!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

so very nice talking to you. I used to live in International Falls Mn. when I last spoke to you. Now i am in Richland Wa. Like it here a lot quite different from Mn. My goodness my dad was an infant when he and many brothers and sisters and mom left England. 1906. Wow long time ago.
Judie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

1/9/17

Welcome back SweetRose. So good to hear from old friends. Enjoyed reading about England. How wondeful for you. Many of us a "starting again" Guess we will be picking up passengers from all over for the Skinny Train!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

1-9-16
Wouldn't it be great to support each other like the Good Ole days. Let's Do It- Let's Do Lunch. I know I need the love and support to go the distance! I'm excited!!! Making a big batch of bean soup tomorrow. The beans are soaking!
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

oh boy iam too lazy to cook dry beans my daughter brings home can beans they are good
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I use canned beans often, too, for convenience. The ones I cook, however, are less expensive, and I like to believe are healthier. They are easy to make, but best if soaked overnight. The rapid cook method seems to make them fall apart! I'll let you know tomorrow!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I love pressure cooking beans. No soaking and done in 2 hours.
Linda

snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

good idea we have one of those new electric cookers that take a very short time to cook. Doesn't the beans block up the vent
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

I like to cook lima beans from dry bean. I think they are my favorite
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Linda- Do they fall apart when you pressure cook them? I like the beans to stay whole so that I can rinse them (to cut down on gas) without half of my beans going down the drain!