My First Post

If you are new to our boards, please read this first to learn how to register and begin using our boards!
RogerDale

My First Post

Post by RogerDale »

Greetings to my NEWEST BEST FRIENDS. This is an exciting forum and I've been blessed to stumble onto LDL a few months back. I was watching OETA one Sunday and Dr. William Davis was explaining about the problems of Wheat Belly. His comments sure stimulated my interest so I started reading his website and searching the Internet then I came across R T talking with Pat Robertson on the 700 Club about LDL. I was convinced that grain, especially wheat, was not helping my weight control issue so I stopped all grain without any panic situations at all and I have spent many hours gleaning your posts on the LDL Website while I wait for my book to arrive. My weight was 253 in October before I started grain free and LDL. When I had my annual physical on December the 12th, my weight was 240. My doctor was pleased and I have truly enjoyed this common sense approach of consuming my nutrition. It seems like I'm just not hungry anymore. Now it's like " I EAT TO LIVE - NOT - LIVE TO EAT ". I made it through Thanksgiving and Christmas and my weight is still slowly melting off and I'm really feeling at ease about my future.
I will write a different post on my blood pressure and blood sugar fiasco at the VA later. I could use your advice.
Have a Blessed Day MY FRIENDS. Roger Dale
Last edited by RogerDale on January 3rd, 2015, 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The "Greatest Gift" a Father can give his Children is to "LOVE THEIR MOTHER".
Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like WORK. (Thomas Edison)
cameron
Master Member

Re: My First Post

Post by cameron »

Welcome, Roger Dale.

This is the best way of eating on the planet, and you are doing a fabulous job of following it. Keep up the good work.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I agree with Cameron. I have lost 55 lbs. and been holding for 1 1/2 years. I love to eat and have been satisfied with the LDL program. I am still going down very slowly and hope to reach "one"derland (below 200 lbs.) in 2015. I had lost hope in losing weight because I am 72 y.o. and decided that I was just going to eat what I wanted to eat! Now LDL is what I want too eat and when I have gone off program, I find I no longer have the same tastes. Sugary sweets are too sweet and I usually get right back on track. I have had some breads and it has set up cravings in me and I have had the hunger stimulated so I know to leave them alone. Enjoy this wonderful program. Life is sweeter than sugar and God is our daily bread.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome RogerDale. This is a particularly satisfying and healthy way of eating. I have lost over 60# since starting over 5 years ago when the boards were very active. I'm pleases that you have been exploring the older posts. This is not a get thin quick plan, but rather a way of life. I am convinced that wheat and other grains are NOT my friends!