Gary's Medical Success Story

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Gary's Medical Success Story

Post by LINDA RN »

Image  Image

My DH, Gary, and I began our journey to good health a couple years ago when we began confessing the Word, "The Lord renews my youth like the eagle, He renews it day by day." In order for that confession to become a reality in our lives we had to stop the behaviors that were rushing us to old age fast. We started hearing from Christian doctors and nutritionists about the dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup and MSG. We also learned about the benefits of Probiotics. We lost some weight slowly but continued to fill up on healthier versions of the same processed foods we enjoyed. During this time, Gary was able to stop the ton of stomach remedies he had taken for years by using Probiotics. He is now completely off Tums, Riopan, Digel, Pepsid, and Zantac and doing very well. Early last fall, he decided he wanted to eat beans more often, and I said, OK with me as long as you cook them. I was not a big fan of pinto beans because of the gas issue, but after taking probiotics, I could finally enjoy them. We ate beans, fried okra and cornbread about 3 times a week and were loosing weight. Then in October Gary saw Roger on the 700 Club and was thrilled to know that beans were so healthy and eating more of them could lead to even greater weight loss. He was not particularly thrilled about giving up the saltines and cornbread (he never really liked the whole wheat bread anyway). That was October 30th, 2009 and I got on the web site and we began LDL on November 1, 2009. But that was just before Thanksgiving and Gary was in a festive mood and decided he would really like to do some baking for the kids and grandkids. This was his first time baking and he did make some delicious Banana Nut Bread, cookies and fruit cakes. We gave most away but sampled enough ourselves. Because we knew that eating the flour in the goodies was an LDL no-no, I believe we ate a lot less than we would have.

After 2 months of no loss, we began the new year seriously doing LDL. Gary’s weight began falling dramatically. At his March check-up with his doctor, she noticed his weight coming down nicely. We mentioned LDL and she cautioned about the beans possibly increasing uric acid and causing gout. Around the first of April, he remembered that he had not taken any blood pressure medication in about 4 days and wondered if he should take one or 2 CoReg tablets. I took his blood pressure and it was 100/60. That was too low a reading to be taking anything to lower it more, so I told him not to take any. Knowing that stopping BP meds can have a rebound effect (the BP becomes severely high after stopping), I checked his BP every day or 2 then every week. After a month of normal blood pressures, he put the BP meds away for good.

By his doctor's visit in May, she really noticed the weight loss. All his labs were completely normal and at that time we noticed he had not taken any Motrin or aspirin for general aches, pains or headaches in the few months. The doctor was now really interested in the plan so I gave her our book.  

So at this time, he is rid of the food addiction and 85 lbs. His BP is 120/64 without meds and by the way, he continues to shake on the salt (Himalayan) very generously. If his doctor could see how much salt he uses she would be scratching her head as to why his BP is so low. He continues to not need any pain meds or stomach medications.  The Lord certainly led us to LDL.
Last edited by LINDA RN on June 26th, 2010, 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
vickiann

Re: Gary's Medical Success Story

Post by vickiann »

What an awesome testimonial to LDL. Congratulations to your hubby!  :thumbsup:

Vicki
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations Gary
This is such a nice story of success by way of LDL and God. 
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

This is a wonderful success story.  I know Roger will love it.  Congratulations.  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congratulations to Gary! and thank you LindaRN for sharing. Its great to see these positive results posted.

Hugs,
Bobbi
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

That is so wonderful for your Husband. GOD has worked a miracle in him thru you as well.  What an inspiration for everyone especially me just starting for little over a week now.  Thanks :thumbsup:
Tom
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

That is so great Linda, I'm so happy for you and Gary.  I'm looking forward to the day when my SO gets on board 100% with me.  How fun to take this trip together it will be.  Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to hearing more of your successes too.  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda RN, WHAT A BEAUIFUL SUCCESS STORY, YOUR HUSBAND LOOKS GREAT........AND YOU DO TOO. LDL IS TRULY A BLESSING TO ALL OF US.    WITHER
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thank you all for reading and posting. We are not there yet, but are looking forward to posting those AFTER pictures and proclaiming Maintenance
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Hi Linda,

This is great about your husbands success.  Truely inspiring and just a further confirmation of God's glory and his grace upon us as mere mortals.

I am so happy both of you.  I wanted to thanks you for your kind words to my last post and the words of encouragement you gave.  I posted some 10 day rersults earlier hope you can take a look.

Thanks,
Tom
blessed

Post by blessed »

What a success story!  Congratulations to Gary and you.  You'r both doing great.
julybug

Post by julybug »

looking good and I am sure he is feeling good.  Way to go.  Julybug
......Image

Am I the only one hearing the Rocky theme "Getting strong now" all day?
Thomas111
New, but learning

Post by Thomas111 »

Linda,

Do you know much about porbiotics?  What do they do?  Do I ned them?  Will they help me?

Thanks,
Tom
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Linda and Gary - you two are fantastic!  Thank you SO much for posting Gary's story.  It is wonderful that he joined you with LDL!!!  My husband reluctantly agreed to eat what I eat when we started last July (2009).  He has lost 30 pounds and is in the low 150's now.  Isn't it terrific that we can do that for our loved ones?

Gary is an inspiration to all of us!!!
Marga
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Thomas,
Probiotics are helpful if you are bothered with alot of GERD (reflux), or indigestion. It is most helpful with gas and bloating. If you have been on antibiotics at all, they have destroyed the "normal" bacteria in your digestive system. With the helpful, normal bacteria gone, yeast thrives. Some of that bacteria will regrow on it's own or from eating/drinking fermented foods, but if you are still having problems, taking probiotics can be helpful. Once your system is re-regulated, staying on LDL will keep the good bacteria going and the yeast flushed out. I would say that taking probiotics is a "comfort" measure. They certainly helped us but are not essential to make the plan work.

Marga,
It was actually Gary who got me on LDL. When he saw Roger's presentation on the 700 Club, he heard "BEANS" and he got interested. I wish I were loosing at the same rate he did! And just look at you! You and hubby must feel like teenagers again being so slim!
Linda

MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Linda - 40 pounds is terrific!!!  My weight loss has really stalled in the past few months.  Other than a two week vacation to St. Martin, we've been staying true to LDL.  It's been 6 weeks since we've returned and I'm just now down to where I was before we went (I did gain a few pounds while we were gone - at least that finally came off).

Don't be discouraged.  It WILL come off.  I think men lose easier, anyway...

Marga
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Hi, just some more encouraging words. I stayed the same weight for 5 monthes. Feb through just this month. I figured I wouldn't be loosing any more weight and just kept eating the LDL way because I can think of no better way I would want to eat. This month I have started loosing weight again! I actually am surprised but shouldn't have been I guess as others have said that if you just keep eating LDL you will loose weight when your body  is ready.
this way of eating is just so great! I've been eating this way for a year now and I still love this way of eating. If I ever have to eat any other way I am anxious to get back to the LDL woe. That tells me I will be able to keep the weight off! Woohooo!
So just congratulations on what you have lost and enjoy!
hugs,
Bobbi
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Having just come off a 5 month stall, I was not happy with the thought of another so soon. Wanted to drop more before it happened. But I am hanging in there because I know this is the only way it will ever come off and stay off. I am here for life!
Linda