1 year anniversary on LDL and down 70 POUNDS!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
Glen M
New, but learning

1 year anniversary on LDL and down 70 POUNDS!

Post by Glen M »

Hello Everyone!
I don't post too often but I could not pass this opportunity up! Today is my 1 year anniversary with LDL and I have lost 70 pounds!!
(Photos coming very soon) There is no way that I can put into words my excitement and joy at how my life has changed in this past year! I would have never believed that "I" could lose 70 pounds! I look back at photos of myself before LDL and it's just unbelievable that I had let myself get in that shape! I feel like a new and free person!! I no longer hate the way I look, and the complements that you get from everyone just makes you feel so great. I get called "Skinny" all the time now! I have gone from a very tight (stomach hanging over the belt) size 40 pants (probably needed a size 42 at least) to a LOOSE size 36 and I really need to change to a size 34. The other day I got into a size 32 pants very comfortably! I was thinking these must be sized wrong!!
I think everyone has defining moments in this "way of life" and for me it was when I first got into a size 36 pants. I remember thinking "NOTHING tastes as good as getting into these size 36 pants feels"!! I'm telling you, it's a feeling you will never forget!!  Every once in a while I remind myself "your not a fat person anymore"!! That is just the coolest thing! I have gone through Christmas, birthdays, numerous occasions where everyone pigs out all around you and you are able to survive because you don't crave the stuff anymore! Everyone ask me how do you have the willpower to not eat the bad stuff? I tell them it's much easier when you don't crave it!!
I would just like very much to encourage those people who are not quite sure yet if they can do this. I don't care how many things you have tried and failed at in the past this way of life is for you! YOU can do this! I have lost count of the people who I know that were inspired by my weight loss (if he can do it I KNOW I can!). One of my coworkers has lost 70 pound also (he started in January 2010), my Sister-n-law on last account has lost around 50 pounds. Our preacher has lost around 50 pounds! I have had people at work that I didn't really know stop me and ask me about Lets Do Lunch. Neighbors, cousins, the list goes on!! It's a wonderful thing.
One of the biggest benefits that I have had is the improvement to my health. I had a high blood pressure problem and the doc had prescribed me medication for this. I never did have to take it though, I found LDL first! My BP would normally be 140-142 over 85-90 and my heart rate would be around 85-90. Just a few days ago I checked mine and it was: 106 over 63 and my heart rate was 58!! Wow!! That alone would be worth it all!!
Okay, I know this has been a long post and thank you for hanging in there, but let me say a few things. I haven't really cheated at all because I haven't craved the bad foods. There are too many good things to eat and you can have plenty of them. I took what Roger said in the book and followed that. I have seen a lot of comments in the forums that can make this seem harder than it is. Remember, its all in the book. Just do what Roger said "IN THE BOOK". I always ate until I was full, I always snack when I am hungry and guess what.... I don't go hungry! I am also not hard on myself, I see some people in the forums that seem to be hard on themselves with this way of eating. They may do that for a while and then fall off the wagon. I had rather Just stay steady and stay on the plan! The weight WILL come off! Just remember, this is not a diet, it is not a sprint or race, it is a new way of eating FOR LIFE! The trip is worth every step and every mile!!!

May God bless you as he has so richly blessed my family.

Glen
bludaffodil

Re: 1 year anniversary on LDL and down 70 POUNDS!

Post by bludaffodil »

:)  CONGRATULATIONS, GLEN!!!    :) 

Your weight loss is awesome!  :D

Kathy
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

WOW Glen
What a wonderful testomony you are to all of us.  That is a lot of weight to lose in 1 year and be keeping it off.  Congratulations!
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Glen M wrote:I don't care how many things you have tried and failed at in the past this way of life is for you! YOU can do this! I have lost count of the people who I know that were inspired by my weight loss (if he can do it I KNOW I can!). One of my coworkers has lost 70 pound also (he started in January 2010), my Sister-n-law on last account has lost around 50 pounds. Our preacher has lost around 50 pounds! I have had people at work that I didn't really know stop me and ask me about Lets Do Lunch. Neighbors, cousins, the list goes on!! It's a wonderful thing.

Glen... HAPPY LDL 1 YEAR ANNIVERSARY  :rose: It's wonderful to hear from you and with such good news!  We are all very proud of you -- keep on spreading the word.  I'm sure your coworker, sister-in-law and preacher thank you many times over.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Congrats on your LDL Aniversary!  You are an inspiratation to us all!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
Last edited by Kathie on June 30th, 2010, 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations Glen.
Your story is so similar to my husband's which goes to say this WOE works extraordinarily well for men.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

[size=100]Congratulations, Glen!!![/size]

Many blessings and praise the Lord!!
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Glen- Congratulations, not only for losing an incredible 70 pounds in one year, but also for inspiring so many others to embrace and succeed on LDL.  Pam
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Glen - you are fantastic!  Get those picture in the gallery - I want to see!!!
Marga
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wow! Glen.  You have done well.  Size 34!!!  Praises to our heavenly Father.  :D Joyful Friend
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Hello everyone!
Thank all of you for the kind words! This is a very special and wonderful group of people, and every one of you has done such a fantastic job! We've all changed our lives AND the lives of those around us! Just think, your example may have saved someones life...including you own! I very much appreciate all the support!

Thanks again!

Glen
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Wow Glen...what an inspirational story. Thank you so much for posting it. I'm having my second weigh-in TOMORROW. I only weigh once a month, and started LDL on May 1. No matter what the scale says, I'm happy. I feel better, my clothes are fitting better, and the food I'm eating totally fills and satisfies me. Can't wait to see your pics.

Blessings.
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Wow, GLEN, what a great example you have set for everyone. You have inspired us all who haven't  reached goal yet to hang in and keep going! Thanks so much for sharing your story........WITHER
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I love this story Glen. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!                                    ck
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

A big CONGRATULATIONS to you Glen,

I love all these women on this sight but it sure is nice to see a post from other men once in awhile. Keep on going my friend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TIM
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Congatulations, Glen. and thanks so much for sharing. Your story is very encouraging!
Hugs,
Bobbi
Glen M
New, but learning

Post by Glen M »

Tim,
Thank you very much! There are a few guys around but It would be good to hear from more of them. I haven't been a very big "Forum poster" but I keep trying to change that. Life has been very busy lately but I'll keep trying. Lets stay in touch!

Thanks again and keep on hanging in there!

Glen
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Glen, I'm pretty new at this but it is so great to hear from someone who has been on this WOE for a year and is still as enthusiastic as you are!  It is so great to look forward to a year from now for me too!  Thanks for taking the time to post such a great message.  Do you have more to go or are you at your ideal weight?  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
pkj
New, but learning

Post by pkj »

Congratulations, Glen!  What an inspiration for those of us who have just started the journey...

My prayers are with you,

PKJ