ANOTHER GREAT........

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
witheraway1
Master Member

ANOTHER GREAT........

Post by witheraway1 »

Another great Doctors report today........Blood pressure down, weight down, all good due to the LDL WAY OF EATING. The only thing due to the high breakout of whooping cough here in San Deigo I had to get the whooping cough shot........but that's minor....So it's up hill from here, another good reason LDL WORKS FOR ME. Like some of the others I just wish I had found it early on in life. But I guess better late than never. Love to everyone, we are in this together for life! YEAH!      *hug*  WITHER
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: ANOTHER GREAT........

Post by wendysgoodnews »

congratulations on such a good report.  I agree LDL is the best way in the world to eat for life.  All these doctors should be able to get the message as they see all of us doing so well on it.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Really Wither, you got your Tetanus shot booster that also includes a booster to the whooping cough vaccine you received as a baby. Inspite of all the requirements to vaccinate the babies whopping cough continues to hang around. As an adult if you get whooping cough, you get a really nasty cough that lasts for 6 weeks and nothing makes it go away. The problem with you getting it is that you can give it to babies who have not had all three of their first vaccines. I have taken care of babies who got it after only the first or second vaccine. Fortunately they did fine. But unfortunately there are alot of babies who do not. They cough so hard with the disease, their brains swell and they have seizures. So the campaign is on to give adults the booster with their tetanus shot when the tetanus is due. You are good for ten years now! By that time they may decide to keep the Pertussus (Whooping Cough) in the vaccine and repeat every 10 years. As it stands now the recommendation is to get the whooping cough combo with the tetanus once in your adult life.
Now pat yourself for saving babies lives!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

Good report keep it up
Linda Thanks for the up date.  My mom said that when I was 18 months I had scarlet fever and they put a child with measels in the ward sent me home but got them anyway and at home my sister came down with the mumps and I got that and my brother brought home whooping cough will I got that.  I was a very sick puppy for months.  Mom said there was one of us sick for 8 months that year.  Grandmother had to iron the money and put it out the mail box to pay for delivery items when I had scarlet fever.
Just a little trivia
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

My husband is getting the shot this afternoon........They said we would have a very sore arm for a while........Linda did you recently get the booster ? Is there whooping cough in your area?    Wither
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

?? for Linda. I had whooping cough when I was 6 months old (61 yrs ago). Would I need a shot or do I carry immunities to whooping cough?

Thanks,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wither,
This is a nation-wide campaign. In our clinic, everyone 64 and younger who is due a Tetanus shot, gets the Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and acellular pertussis). We have been doing it now for about 3 years. The problem comes when someone said they got a "tetanus" shot a couple years ago and we cannot immediately verify if they got the Td or the Tdap. That is why the states are putting the immunizations on line into an immunization register. But logging into it, and documenting the shot there, plus in your own clinic or hospital's record is time consuming when you are giving so many shots a day. So most of the private hospitals and clinics opt out. I am pretty sure that California has an immunization registry, so when you have time, take the info your doc gave you on the type and date of your shot to your health department and ask them to enter it into their records also. If you have any old shot records, take them also and get them all into one electronic record. The paper records deteriorate and once the dates can't be read, they will be gone.

Most of what I do is try to get a complete record for our patients. I go on line to the OSIIS (Oklahoma State Immunization Information System) and download any they got or history shots recorded in the Health Department's records, look them up in other Indian Health Clinics if they have been there, etc. We converted to electronic health record 3 years ago but had no money to hire the extra people needed to copy what was in their paper chart to the electronic record. So I try to do it on a random basis, at least the immunizations anyway. My mother never gave me a shot record, but she was good about marking them in my baby book which she did give to me. When I went to work at LIH, I was in such a habit of copying immunizations from shot records into our paper records I decided to do mine. Am I ever glad I did. In 1989 our moble home burned to the ground and we lost everything. Now I have copied those shots dating back to the 1950's into 2 electronic records so I will always have them.

As for me getting the vaccine, no, I have not had mine yet. I think I have recently (a few years ago) had whooping cough when I was working Peds. I can recall 2 other previous episodes in my adult life that looking back was probably whooping cough. No one tests for it much, but they are starting to again now. I think I am due due for my tetanus soon and will get it then.

I know for most people this is way too much info, but it is what I do day in and day out!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Very interesting............It was our DR. that advised us to get one........I guess you could ask your own DR. ABOUT IT..        wither
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Ollie,

Usually having the disease carries life-long immunity. But not sure with whooping cough. I know that kids vaccinated for measles lost their immunity in their teens so that is why the second shot was required. I had the disease for measles and rubella and never having taken a vaccine my blood tiders were poitive for measles and rubella. Since I don't know for sure if I did get whooping cough as an adult, I won't know for sure if having the disease gave me immunity without a test and right now we are not routinely checking for whooping cough tiders. I can remember having chickenpox as a kid but that was the one disease mom did not record. My blood tiders showed I did not have immunity to it even though I can clearly remember being covered with the scabs and being told not to pick.

Beside, back then, they treated kids according to symptoms not by tests. So you could have had bronchiolitis or RSV or croup. The shot won't hurt you even if you are immune and it is worth getting to protect the babies.
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 24th, 2010, 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Some great posts Linda, I totally  agree with you on getting the shot just to make sure, especially if you are around babies or young children just to be on the safe side.... *hug*  Wither
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Wither, my friend  *hug*

What a fabulous report!  Since we do not have a time machine ... yet, then we can only assume that from here on our lives will be better because of LDL.  Hey, maybe Roger could invent a time machine! Seems like he can do anything when he sets his mind to it. :thumbsup:  Just think how many people he could influence with LDL if he could go back in time. Our whole generation would be much healthier now.

If I could go back in time and still know what I know, I would definitely embrace LDL completely for a lifetime of good health. Maybe I could have added some good years to my mother's life as well.  :'(  I would also make sure I went to college when I was younger rather than as an adult with children and a home, husband and full time career.  :shock: What would you do?

Happy news today - yeah!

Julie :rose:
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Julie dear, I have to think on that one...........but I will get back to you.........But hey sounds like you just came up with a new topic to post for those of us who like to have fun on the lighter side....DO IT    *hug*  WITHER
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Julie, that didn't take long  Ha
If I could go back in time I think I would have become an ice skater. I love watching ice staking so much.........or maybe a jocky as I love to go to the horse races.  NOW THEY ARE NOTHING A LIKE. Of course I couldn't have got married at 17 and would have missed out on my wonderful husdand and my great kids. So maybe I did it right after all. I have had a happy life and done lots of things along the fun line, never been really sick and had lots of engery. My kids always say I could have done something great because I like talking and I seem to always have an opinion I can't always prove my facts but they sound good.     :laughing:      *hug*   Wither

ps....I also love train movies, and to take train trips.That's exciting to me ,always liked trains.
Last edited by witheraway1 on July 24th, 2010, 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

ohhh Wither --- ice skating!  Did you watch all the Sonia Henny movies when you were younger?  I loved them! *love* They were so much fun.  In fact I love anything to do with Dance! I watch any TV show or movie that has any dancing at all in it. Except that new one Dance your A-S off. I don;t like that one.  :shock:

Maybe that's what I should go back to do.  :wrong:  Anyone else?  Ok maybe tomorrow I will throw up a new topic.

*hug*  (ok here is something silly.  why does this emoticon say HUG?  It looks like someone is coming up behind someone else and covering their eyes. I would think it would be the SURPRISE emoticon!  OK maybe it 's late for me  :laughing: but that's what I always thought - and I am perfectly sober!)

cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I would be a Rockstar  (with good morals) and I would demand large bowls of fresh fruit to be waiting for me in all the dressing rooms of the venues  that I would play.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I dreamed of becoming a figure skater only after giving up on being a trapeze artist. Anyone remember Toby Tyler?

Then my next favorite movie was Snow White and the 3 Stooges. Wonderful iceskating movie. Remember Carol Heiss? Last I heard she was coaching Olympic hopefuls.

I finally got to take some lessons in Nursing School and told everyone my classes were, "How to skate like Peggy Flemming in eight easy lessons!"  Needless to say I took more than 8 lessons and still can't skate like Peggy, LOL. My "fat" picture was taken at the rink whe I would skate with my kids. Looked like an elephant on ice (minus the TuTu). So my dream now is to be able to skate in one of those skating outfits instead of pants and an oversized sweatshirt!
Linda

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Oh Linda, I guess we could skate together..............Wither
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

CAMERON, I would be at your shows. As I said before in screen name My sons are ROCKERS and have their own band. I took their band name for my screen name................Love Rockers and going to the shows.  Very exciting. That must be where we have met before.  :laughing:  I bet we preformed together.... Isn't it fun to day dream?      *love*  Wither
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Linda, I have seen those old ice skating movies...........Love them, love anything with skating in it.

Julie, I also like the dancing,watch it on tv. Even though I am not a very good dancer I enjoy it.  Wither
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

LINDA RN wrote:I dreamed of becoming a figure skater only after giving up on being a trapeze artist. Anyone remember Toby Tyler?

Then my next favorite movie was Snow White and the 3 Stooges. Wonderful iceskating movie. Remember Carol Heiss? Last I heard she was coaching Olympic hopefuls.

I finally got to take some lessons in Nursing School and told everyone my classes were, "How to skate like Peggy Flemming in eight easy lessons!"  Needless to say I took more than 8 lessons and still can't skate like Peggy, LOL. My "fat" picture was taken at the rink whe I would skate with my kids. Looked like an elephant on ice (minus the TuTu). So my dream now is to be able to skate in one of those skating outfits instead of pants and an oversized sweatshirt!

Oh Linda, Thanks so much for the laugh!  I don;t think I have ever met anyone who wanted to be a trapeze artist!  There is a place in NYC on the pier where you can take lessons and live out your fantasies if you are ever in NY. Let me know if you are planning a trip.

Cameron - a Rocker with good morals - well that would be something!  I am sure they are out there somewhere. Since I work at the Seaport in NY, we have had to go out and scramble for a few stars when they came in for a concert or an event. It's amazing what goes into their contract riders. But it goes with the territory.  Your fruit request fits right in. That is the one thing that seems to be a unifying request.

Have a great day guys - going to take this thread out to the masses - seems like it could be fun and lighten the mood on the boards.  Please come and post again on there.  OK?

*love*  *hug*  :kissed: