[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Hello I am Sandy, I am new

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Profile Send private message  

Hi Sandy, I can relate to all you say. We're the same age and even close to same weight. Good luck!
Vicki

Sandy- I have felt your pain and frustration as have all of us here.  You have come to the right place.  This is a wonderful group of supportive people who only want you to succeed.  Like any big family, the past couple of weeks have had some bickering.  But, by and large, this is the best group of people, and the best eating plan you could ever imagine.  The food is great, you never need to be hungry or feel deprived, and there is always someone available to answer questions or give support to you.  This plan is fabulous.  We look forward to sharing your victories.  Pam

Oh thank you so much for the welcome. :) this has me so hopeful

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone

Last edited by julie409 on , edited 1 time in total.

You are all so wonderful! Thank you thank you thank you for your wonderful wisdom.  I am so excited it is amazing to me, I for the first time in a long time feel optimistic and hopeful... such a great feeling.

Julie, Yes I have been to a doctor recently :)
we (my Dh darling husband) and myself go every three months for a check up and blood work.

Dh is diabetic but he is under control with metforman. I have an A1C every three months like he does because I have a family history of diabetes, everyone in my immediate family IS insulin dependent type 2 diabetic... not me, not yet. I was diabetic when I was pregnant so that increases my risk.  I am also post menopausal so that bumps it up again. so far, I am fine. I think it will only get better now with my new food choices.

my thyroid is perfect, yep we checked... and I am all the way through menopause, and hormone levels are stable.

I had a blood draw last saturday and have a doctors appointment next saturday. I think he will be happy with my new outlook.

More about me... I have a 30 year old son who will be getting married December 18th. 
I have a family child care in my home and spend my days tending 6 toddler / preschoolers and 2 first graders. I am also the President of our local family child care association. In fact there is a white sheet cake in my refrigerator right now for our meeting tomorrow night ;) as a rule I would have had two chuncks, no more...
I have been married to Bill for 5 years, we met September 2002. Bill is an amazing wonderful man who I adore. He makes me smile every day and has shown me how to live & laugh.
I was married before to a wonderful man named Michael, he died of brain cancer January 2002.
We have a dog Willie, he is a crazy old pug and makes us giggle. we also have 8 birds that call our home theirs.
Going in cruises is how I love to vacation. usually to Mexico because I can drive to LA and I am to afraid to fly (the seat size holds me back).  I hope to go to Alaska July 2011, a smaller me for this would be wonderful. Funny I thought of the cruises when looking at the book, you know cruising with this life style will be a breeze :) I am so happy.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and learning enough a once that was me story.

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

Hi Sandy.. I am so glad to meet you and look forward to your posts.  Sounds like you are going to fit right in with the crew on the caboose!  Its a fun and exciting trip.  I am loving the ride!  Hop on, Chug Chug.. here we go!
Hugs! Kathie in FL.

Sandy, so nice to meet you! Where in California do you live? I don't like to fly either. I always drive everywhere. I am a family Daycare provider also.  I2 KIDS FULL-TIME. That keeps you really busy. For 25 years. ONE OF THE BIG THINGS I HAD TO CHANGE WAS EATING WITH THE KIDS AND THEN EATING MY ON LUNCH. I don't don't eat in between meals anymore. A great feeling not to crave the bad things anymore. You will soon experience this too. Good to see you posting. Stay close  Wither

Wither! I am so glad to meet another provider. I have been licensed for 30 years.... I did 12 for 10 of those years and am so thankful to be at 6, so much easier. I am in Salinas near Monterey.  I have a web site for my day care it is http://www.sandyland.net. the parents place has pictures on it. It has a pass word (not sure why) name:mrshallsmail and password:happy

where are you located?  Here many people have problems with openings, are you staying at capacity easily? I am so far so good.  Does your area have a day care association?

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....