Any Lurkers out there?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
julie409
Master Member

Any Lurkers out there?

Post by julie409 »

Hi all of you out there lurking in the shadows!  I usually post this topic every once in a while to see if we can catch some new people that may be following LDL and not posting or who may be on the fence about LDL.  :wrong:

Would you please step up and introduce yourself and let us know who you are and how you are doing?  We would all love to hear from you.  We are really very nice and helpful!  :angel:  I promise!  ;)

So "Come here to me..."  I promise it won;t hurt. We will all welcome you!

Julie :rose:
JoThrive

Re: Any Lurkers out there?

Post by JoThrive »

Hi, LDLers:

OK, I'm a lurker.  I've been a lurker for several months.  Some of my internet friends are posting here at LDL, and so I joined. 

What I particularly like about this forum are the recipes, which I appreciate very much.  Thanks to all who have contributed various recipes.

Actually, I've already lost all the weight I want to lose.  I lost over 60 lbs. in the last 10 years.  I am 84 years old, I eat a nice balanced mix of healthy foods, I exercise quite a bit, and I am happy where I am weight-wise.

I'm sure you are all very nice and helpful, but occasionally there is almost a spirit of meanness to some of the posts that could be scary to some of the lurkers.  I know I really hesitated before posting this since I am not following the LDL program in its totality. 

But I would suggest that portions of the LDL program could be very helpful to other 'maintainers' in the world.  The recipes are great!!!  I would cheerfully buy a recipe book if one were available.  Just a thought.

Anyway, I wish you all great success on your weight-loss journeys.  Losing weight is difficult, but it can be done, and you seem to all be doing it.  Good for you, keep up the great work.

"Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ. - Jude 21
JoThrive
60 lbs. gone forever
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, JoThrive.  We're working on our manners :kiss:!  This is a great site for maintaining losses.  I'm so glad you discovered it and are enjoying the recipes.  I have become a firm believer that this is the way we ALL should be eating.  It is healthy, delicious, and real.  Thanks for posting.  Pam
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Jo,

Thanks so much for posting. It is always great to hear a different point of view. I do so appreciate it as I know it must not have been easy to post here - as you mentioned.

Congratulations on your great success. 60 lbs is a great deal to lose. I am closing in on that now.

LDL is so flexible that I believe anyone can find a way to use it no matter their preference. The basics are sound and healthy.

Thanks again - it was good to hear from you!  :thumbsup:

wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Good to read your post.  What a blessing you have lost all your weight and at 84 are living a healthier life.  
I agree the boards could be nicer at times.  But mostly it is so supportive and interesting that I hope newbys are not scared off by the bickering lately.
I do hope you will pop in here and there and give us some great advice on what has helped you reach your goal.
angiea

Post by angiea »

Hi ,I am Angie, and I have lurked for about one year, since I read the article in first magazine. I have lost the 20 pounds that I needed to lose, and I do a lot of reading on the boards. I am very grateful that I have found this WOE, and would like to thank Mr Wilson for everything he has done.
Since this is a call for lurkers, I thought I would make a post in view of the recent flareup regarding negativity on the boards.I just want to say that I think there are a couple of bullies on the boards, and when people do try to stand up to them,  the  same people are  the ones who end up backing down. Of course in life people can have all the power they want until someone takes it away from them, and what I have seen is good people not necessarily leaving, but at least with some of them posts they are are very guarded, while the bullies(thankfully there are not many of them) keep blabbing & bullying away, & their true colors come out as soon as they do not like something, or someone dares question them, & all the while they believe that only their opinions count. The latest flareup has the wrong people saying that they are sorry, and I am sure many will agree, but will not say so, and really that is probably the best thing to do. This is my only post, so think what you will, say what you will,do what you will.
Of course most of the posting and most of the people are wonderful, full of good information and support,and I am so very appreciative. It is so wonderful to live in a free country, and have this freedom of speech. And again, I could not be more grateful for this wonderful way of eating.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You got it right...........I feel the bullies coming...........interesting to see........And yes people do agree but won't stand up and post it.............I am one of the ones who see something wrong and post it.........So sometimes I get bit,, but I do put it out there for those that want to think about it ............Wither
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hi Angie,

Thanks so much for posting and introducing yourself.  I really appreciate your perspective.  Usually when I do a call for lurkers, I get some very new people who are on the fence about LDL or have just started and may be floundering.  :wrong:

This time, I am very surprised to hear that you and Jo have both achieved your goals and have commented on the tone of the boards.  :rolleyes:  :blush: That certainly is an eye opener.  Not that I didn't know it was going on - I did, and so have not been posting as regularly as I had in the past - but to hear that our posts have deterred others from joining in really saddens me. But I am gratified that you were able to follow the plan anyway.  :angel:

So, let me say CONGRATULATIONS to you!  I think it is such a blessing for anyone to find this plan that Roger has painstakingly developed over the years. All the health benefits are amazing from the WOE. I really consider it a lifestyle choice. For me it has to be or I would just regain every single ounce I have discarded.

Thanks so much for taking the time to hold up a mirror to us.

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks, Roger!  Pam
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Thanks Roger...........This should be stopped. It saddens me when someone leaves or feel they can't post...............Wither
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Roger,

Thanks so much for addressing this.

When I usually ask for lurkers to come out - we get at least a dozen people joining us. I never dreamed we would see responses like the 2 above from Jo and Angie. (And they were very gracious to have come out to tell us their experience.)  *hug*

I was going to post another topic and invite our members to see how we look to others and perhaps that will be a wake up call. It saddens me that people may not get the benefit of LDL because of the discussions on the boards. It would really be heartbreaking for someone to miss out on all the health benefits.

Thanks again,
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

It saddens me too because newbies and lurkers need the benefit of our joint experiences (good or bad) eating how we do on LDL.  My mom always told me that I had the right to "agree to disagree" and to chose my battles because some are not worth getting upset over.  I have a very opinionated husband and had I not learned these two valuable lessons, my life with this wonderful man wouldn't have been so much fun!
Last edited by VickiLynn on July 28th, 2010, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I must have missed the things that were said that were hurtful, because I really haven't read anything much that has given me that feeling.  I don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with me, though.  I have read more posts about how people have said hurtful things, than any hurtful things.  I'm just wondering if maybe we've been talking about this way more than it is worth.  Let's let that die and now let's all be respectful.  If anyone did say something hurtful -- I guess you know who you are -- why don't you just go back and remove it.  FYI -- we can easily remove any post we regret writing, or we can also easily edit previous posts.  I do this often, being a former teacher, I hate reading a misspelling of my own or improper grammar.  :thumbdown:  (Not so much other people's as my own.  I cringe when I read them.)

Anyway, all lurkers are welcome.  Don't fear entering in.  My experience has been that the people on this website have been such blessings to me.  So helpful and encouraging to me during my journey toward getting fit and healthy.  I appreciate all the information and recognize an opinion when I see it.  If it varies with my opinion -- that is OK.  It might make me rethink my opinion, or I might just continue to disagree. 

Be blessed today!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Any of the wrong things or hurtful things  that was said I think we are all going to learn from it. I know I am and theres a lot of wonderful people here that don't mean to hurt anyone. I think we can just get caught up in a situation.....I already see people trying to do better that's the christian way...........Love to all    Wither
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

I Just saw somewhere that someone was looking for leisuregranny, and I lost track of where  that  was posted, leisuregranny if you are out these, we would love to hear from you . (I did look on her profile, but no email there)
Last edited by cameron on July 27th, 2010, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Jo and Angie, good to hear from you. Your verse 21 from Jude is so precious. It's always great to hear success stories.  :D  Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I've seen Leisuregranny at church, but we haven't gotten to talk.  I'm not sure how she is doing with LDL, but she looked fine from a distance.  Next time I see her I'll try to remember to let her know people were asking about her.