recipe - Watermelon Gazpacho

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
51_too_young_to_be_old

recipe - Watermelon Gazpacho

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

My future daughter in law (she will marry my son Dec 18, 2010) was way excited about my new LDL life and is watching closely.  She emailed me this morning a recipe to try that she said is yummy. AND it fits into my lie style well :)

Watermelon Gazpacho

2 cups diced watermelon
2 cups orange juice( you could do a little less orange juice( quarter cup or half cup) if you like the soup a little thicker and less waterey)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 seedless cucumber diced
1 small yellow bell pepper, take seeds out and dice
1 small onion diced
2 garlic cloves mince them
1 small jalapeno pepper take the seeds out and dice( you don't need it but it gives it a kick)
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, basil or cilantro (personally cilantro is my favorite but whatever u like)
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Directions

Put 1/2 cup of watermelon, along with the orange juice and oil, in a blender or food processor until pureed. Then put it in a bowl with the rest of the ingrediants . Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Refrigerate over night!!! taste way better
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
cameron
Master Member

Re: recipe - Watermelon Gazpacho

Post by cameron »

Thanks 51, this is definately a recipe that I would enjoy, will try it on the weekend.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sounds really good to me too............And just think you are going to be way thin for your sons wedding.........Better not buy your dress now          :laughing:    A real good feeling too.......... wither
51_too_young_to_be_old

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

Wither your so right.  :happy:  For the first time in my adult life I BELIEVE I can be a normal weight.  :shocked: ~Not~ hope,  :shocked: ~Not~ wish,  :shocked: ~Not~ dream,  :shocked: ~Not~ try, it is happening. AND I can eat this way forever which is so huge!  :D Food does not have to be ~special~, No logo items in the pantry, I do not need the computer to calculate, I can just live with food... what a concept!    :inlove:
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

It WILL happen for you as you experience the miracle and joy of LDL.  You will have a great start for the wedding and pictures!  Pam
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

thanks for sharing the recipe! It sounds interesting. I would never think to mix those flavors together.... I am excited to try it.
Congratulations on making the commitment to this new woe and new way of life!
Know you are glad you did.
hugs,
Bobbi