out to eat question

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
51_too_young_to_be_old

out to eat question

Post by 51_too_young_to_be_old »

we are going to dinner Friday night IHop.  they have a IHOP for me menu thinking of getting

Veggie omelette  with mushrooms, green peppers onion fire roasted tomatoes & side of fruit
or
spinach, mushroom & tomato omelette for me with spinach, mushrooms, onions & side of fruit

both are made with egg whites or egg beaters.

so would this be my main meal or would it still be ok for a regular dinner?
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
Kathie

Re: out to eat question

Post by Kathie »

Great Question 51!!  I hope someone has the answer..We use to go to Ihop in the old days!  Now it might be do-able..
Thank you. Hugs.. Kathie in Fl.
[
JEM

Post by JEM »

51, I think under the new book I've read about, one can eat anything during the day as long as it is LDL approved.  However if you did that it could slow down your weight loss, but you will still continue to lose.  I believe there are two types of eating plan under LDL, one with eating your protein laden meal at lunch and then having just fruits for dinner.  OR as I mentioned above.  Someone correct me please if I am wrong.  So that being said, I think your meal at IHOP looks good.  Just double check with them that they don't cook your eggs in butter.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

For me your question is a little confussing....Are you asking if I eat that can I also have a regular dinner.....or are you asking if you can eat a regular dinner instead of a omelet....If you don't want eggs for dinner then you can switch your lunch for dinner and eat lean meat and veggies, salad.  That's probably what I would do........decisions ...decisions         :laughing:       Wither
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Your planned eating at IHOP would have been a breakfast meal for me when I first started LDL over a year ago.  I was always hungry just eating fruit for breakfast and had veggie omelets often.  In addition to the breakfast omelet, my lunch meal would be my heavy protein (chicken, beef, turkey, fish) meal and I would eat until full.  Supper was, and still is, fruit or a fruit smoothie and popcorn, if still hungry.  I don't think this one meal will derail your weight loss, but I wouldn't make it an everyday one.
Last edited by VickiLynn on July 28th, 2010, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
51_too_young_to_be_old

aww yes ok, I can have my fruit / veg for lunch and protein meal for dinner... this is doable. thank you
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Whenever my husband and I go out to dinner we make that our main meal for the day.

I like the "hearty dinner" meals at IHOP....I just ask for steamed veggies in place of the mashed potatoes and to leave the butter off the corn. The omelets are really good, too. Just make sure to have them leave the cheese out..

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on July 28th, 2010, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Not trying to cause a stir.....and I could be completely wrong here but I thought one time someone was discussing omelets in here and someone said I HOP puts pancake batter in theres?????  Does anyone else remember that? 
51_too_young_to_be_old

:shock: pancake batter in omelets??? ewwww ok I need to "ask" for what I "need" and request a different venue or make sure I tell the waiter egg whites only. or as suggested earlier have a grilled chicken salad entree.

Thinking el pollo loco sounds good, they have chicken, steamed vegies corn on the cob salad and a vegetarian boiled pinto bean thing. I will suggest this as an alternative.
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
51_too_young_to_be_old

and and and because I am a forever checker I just called el pollo loco and their pinto beans are as I thought Gluten free and no animal product. they are JUST boiled seasoned pinto beans :) this is sounding like a good place for me :)
{o,o}
|)__)
-"--"-

12/01/2010 - 319
04/09/2011 - 311
04/16/2011 - 306
4/23/2011 - 303
no scale.....
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

It sounds like a delicious choice!  I hope someone can find out if IHOP actually puts pancake batter in their omelets.  Yikes!  Just goes to show that surprising ingredients unexpectedly appear in great sounding foods- like sugar in canned beans, really :wacko:!  Pam
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Don't beat yourself up about it, because when you eat out you are governed by where you are going to eat...and most times you don't have the "say so" about that...

Actually, you do have a "say-so" most of the time. My uncle is a chef and both of my sons have worked in the restaurant business as well. Everyone of the restaurants they've worked at have ALWAYS been willing to accommodate their customers' requests whenever possible...it's just that most people are afraid to ask for fear of being told, "NO."

CQ
bludaffodil

Post by bludaffodil »

I just googled "IHOP" and went to their omelette menu and
here is what it said:

"Our hearty omelettes are made with a splash of our famous buttermilk
and wheat pancake batter for extra fluffiness…."

Good grief!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Now we know, and like CQ says we can ask for it to be omitted.  Thanks Blue.  Pam
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Okay at least I wasnt dreaming...............I think my tip off was  "the omelets are really good"  lol

Most times when Im doing strict LDL my taste buds get overly sensitive to processed stuff and I can almost sense when theres something quite right by how my body reacts to it.  

When I was coming here all the time we did a good job of monitoring each other so we were not eating hidden stuff which is a bonus...........who wants to find out 5 years later youve been eating pancake batter all along lol
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

DEBBIEWEBE wrote:Okay at least I wasnt dreaming...............I think my tip off was  "the omelets are really good"  lol

When I was coming here all the time we did a good job of monitoring each other so we were not eating hidden stuff which is a bonus...........who wants to find out 5 years later youve been eating pancake batter all along lol

you have got THAT right....debbie, i would never have thought that they could put batter in eggs.....you are SO on the ball..THANK YOU.....can't get ANYTHING past you....

and you're TOTALLY right.......you ALWAYS have to be suspicious when something tastes TOO good....by this, i mean something like an omelet or something that SAYS it's sugar free and it's NOT......  
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

No wonder when we eat out and think we are doing good,  we are being sabatogged. Shame on them  Karen
Clown Lady
Master Member

Post by Clown Lady »

When I travel we sometimes eat at IHOP  What you do when you order your omelet is ask for a FRESH EGG omelet and hold the cheese.  They do serve fruit on the side and if you are having dinner have a small dinner salad with dressing on the side.  They will make the omelet the way you want it.  When you get it you will see a little egg white in it and that is how I know it is a fresh egg.  I am allergic to the powdered eggs they use in most resturants so I always ask for a fresh egg.
Clown Lady
http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/ga ... _33_10.jpg
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wS4gwd3/]