snacks

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
amy75

snacks

Post by amy75 »

okay, I just got the book and finished reading it; i've starting eating the fruit in the morning (2 days now) which I'm usually full on, but I can't make it to lunch without getting lightheaded.. and in the afternoon i'm dying for a snack, how do you do it w/o the snacks?
~ Wife to 1 wonderful man
~ Mama to 4 amazing children

Looking to change my life!
witheraway1
Master Member

Re: snacks

Post by witheraway1 »

I make a veggie tray and keep one in my frig...24/7......That makes a great snack and healthy too............Wither
JEM

Post by JEM »

Hi Amy,

I eat a lot of fruits for breakfast and that usually ties me over until lunch at 12:30.  Lunch time is when I really eat a lot because I am so afraid to go hungry later on during the day and in the evening.  Sometimes I end buying too much lunch and never finish it because I am full.  Drink a lot of water throughout the day.  It's ok to snack on LDL approved foods in the beginning until you no longer need to.  Good luck and congratulations on starting out this WOE.  Once you get the hang of it, you will chuckle to yourself when you realize how much food you are eating yet continue to feel good and lose weight.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
amy75

Post by amy75 »

okay! Thanks for the replies Gem and Wither! I wasn't sure that doing veggies would be okay during the day.. and yes.. it's  not that I'm actually hungry it's that I feel like I'm going to pass out lol  :blush:  I'm not diabetic but I do notice my blood sugar going low (I assume that's what it is) .. like if I eat eggs in the morning I can go til lunch, but if I ate toast alone I couldn't.. or if I ate pancakes I would get really light headed.. lol I didn't do coffee this morning and that about killed me LOL.

So maybe eat the fruit first, than have an egg.. and than do veggies if I can't hold out til lunch? 
I've got write out the menu so I can get the groceries on my next shopping day, but at least trying to start putting baby steps into place.. kwim?

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Amy- Congratulations on making the wonderful decision to live the LDL way, and welcome to these boards.  You will be so satisfied with the great foods and the results you will see as your body discards all the weight you no longer want.  Ask all the questions you need, someone will jump right on with the answer.  Pam
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Amy,

Have an egg at breakfast if you need it....sometimes beans in a smoothie or with eggs helps get you to lunch too.  Then, like others have shared, make sure you eat a HUGE lunch of LDL foods so that you are full until dinner.  If that doesn't work, feel free to eat something LDL approved when you are hungry again (until full).  Your blood sugar will level out and you can eliminate snacks much more naturally then.

Blessings,
Julie
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Amy, Welcome aboard the train to Skinnytown!

The beauty of LDL is that you eat till full every time you are hungry of good healthy foods. Especialy when you start out with this woe.
Let's face it if you are hungry or light headed you will not stick with this woe. Rule #1 eat till full of LDL foods every time you are hungry.
This goes so counter to every other weight loss program that it is sometimes hard to wrap our minds around it's simplicity. So there should be not struggle to "make it to lunch" Don't limit your inbetween foods to just raw veggies either, unless that is what you really like and want. Eat whatever LDL foods you really like till you are full. It won't be long before you don't want to eat between meals. However, even after being on this LiveIt (as Crickadoodle puts it :kissed:) for over a year, I will sometimes get hungry between meals. If that happens, I eat till full of any of the great healthy natural foods I really like.
Don't go hungry. Eat till full of any and all healthy LDL foods when ever you are hungry.
Did I say that enough. ;D
This woe is simple but it does take some time to wrap our minds around it. Once you get it, you've got it and you will be totally amazed at how easy this woe is.
Good luck and congratulations on making a very wise decision for your health and life,
hugs,
Bobbi
amy75

Post by amy75 »

okay! that makes sense! Thanks hopeful and others who answered, and yes Roy, I did check with my doctor lol he's happy I am doing something..  I'm getting a physical done as well for blood work... after I had my 4 children I gained a lot of weight and need to get it off b/c its making motherhood not so fun. :(

witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

You have come to right place to take the weight off. Just read the book go by the plan And everything will all be good... Wither