First Week Weight Loss

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crickadoodle
Master Member

First Week Weight Loss

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm excited to report that my newest student lost 12 lbs. her first week on LDL!  Woo Hoo!  Go, Stacy! 

I was telling her that that is what was on the cover of First Magazine -- Something like, "Lose 12 lbs. a week"  -- and that is why I almost didn't read the article.  As if you can lose 12 lbs. in 1 week!  Well, she did it.  Now, she's definitely not expecting to lose 12 lbs. every week or ever again in one week's time, but it surely was a great motivation for her getting started.  She is not finding it hard at all.  I told her she'd lose a lot the first week, because she had a 2 liter a day Coke habit and that in itself will cause you to retain so much fluid.  I think she's switched to iced tea.  That's what we talked about her doing, instead of the Coke.

I am now curious to hear how much others have lost during their first week.  I think I lost as much as 8 lbs. in a week -- either getting started or doing a flush and restart after eating a little off plan. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Re: First Week Weight Loss

Post by Joyful Friend »

Wow Stacy!!!  Way to go. Crick, you're doing well with your classes. The red book says that there could be weight gain at the beginning, but if one continues, the weight will come off.  I didn't weigh for a month, because I was traveling, but I lost down two sizes.  Country Girl was on a plateau for 3 months, but stayed faithful to LDL.  It has paid off.  She lost 10 lbs during the County Fair.  Her daddy called her skinny this morning.  She is starting back to school in a new body. LOL.  She looks smaller than me.  So, all you newbies, stick with it, because weight loss will come.  LDL works.  :D  :thumbsup: JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF,
I haven't seen Country Girl since your class in April. I'll bet she's looking fabulous!!!

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
amy75

Post by amy75 »

that's fabulous!  I'm on day 3 of my first week, and I'm feeling better than I did on day 1!  Quite excited actually for what's in store!
~ Wife to 1 wonderful man
~ Mama to 4 amazing children

Looking to change my life!
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Amy- Stick with the program as Roger wrote it, and you will not be disappointed!  Pam
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Congratulations to Amy and Stacy for making the decision to do LDL. You'll be glad you did.

Congratulations to Crick for being a great teacher and inspirations. :D

Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It's so funny, but at this point I can't help but get more excited for people I've shared with than even for my own weight loss.  I've had this new body for like 8 months or so, and I guess it just is such a reality to me now that yes, I am slender-- although at times I'm still surprised by it.  I love getting to be a part of other people's successes.  My other friend is about to enter the 100s after like 20 years!  I'm waiting expectantly for her news of when it happens.  She's like 2 or 3 lbs. away from Onederland!  She is such a testimony to LDL and people are joining us when they see her great success.

Today, I brought my mom to a place (She got her nails done there.) that has windows that are like mirrors on the outside and saw my reflection with the scenery behind me.  I really am slender.  Thank You, Jesus, and thank you, Roger, for sharing LDL with all of us.  Such a blessing to live this way! 

Oh, took Mom to have her hair done, then her nails and some facial waxing  -- then she wanted to go out to eat!  Now she is recuperating from such an active day!  She wasn't feeling well the other day, so I'm glad she was up to doing all of this.  She looks so pretty!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crick, Your mom is beautiful, and you keep her so well groomed.  I just love to see "fixie" older ladies.  It is so important to them to know they look nice.  My mom was very large, but she still enjoyed being pampered in her older days.  In her younger, slim,  days, she was so busy raising all of us that she didn't fix up at all.  Ollie's mother always looked beautiful, and her attitude was great. I get so excited about people who are losing as well.  I'm like you Crick, my size is now just part of me.  I enjoy eating so much because I know my size is not going to change.  *hug* and  :rose: JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, the haircut was a bit overdo for Mom and the nails too.  Sometimes she isn't feeling up to it and sometimes life is so busy!  Well, she really feels better when we take care of those things.