THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

All our yummy soup recipes!
Gene

Re: THE MOST FILLING TOMATO SOUP EVER!

Post by Gene »

Little Mary,

DONT YOU DARE.......

GENE

i DID ENJOY THE BLACK BEAN SOUP AND THE FRESH SALMON. i STILL WANT THE RECIPES WHEN YOU GET TIME
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Newbies need to make this soup too.....SOOOO EASY AND DELICIOUS FOR DINNER
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

Hi Mary,
I just printed this too. It sounds soooo good.
Thank you so much!! :rose:
Valiadasilva

Post by Valiadasilva »

:D
I just tried this soup, actually fried the onions, and garlic, but I used fire roasted with garlic diced tomatoes (no nasties in their ings) blended the beans and water up in my Vita Mix (oh.. am I glad I bought that one several years ago) threw the cooked vegs in and blended the whole thing up..adding very little salt and pepper and basil.  It was hot from the onions, and of course in the VMix it was hot in seconds, no need to heat it on the stove and as it was 96 here yesterday that was a blessing... Thanks again Mary it was delicious.
PS (All I had was kidney beans in the red variety).
Valia Dasilva
Montana Artist
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

YUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMY or in German Lecker !!!! i made this soup today and i really liked it.
I was so amazed that i just could eat 1 cup of it and i was feeling full.. Usually i can eat "soup" gallonwise..lol
:thumbsup:
iwannalose2

Post by iwannalose2 »

sounds delicious!  :D I'm gonna make this tonight! yum!
iwannalose2

Post by iwannalose2 »

This was WAY VERY DELICIOUS!! Although I changed mine up a bit...I was in a bit of a hurry so i wouldn't be late for church.
I used the red beans,diced tomato,all sorts of vegetables & mushrooms! It was Very delicious! I also added just about every season I could to it! I love season!  :) I had 1 bowl and a smoothie before church then came back and had 2 more bowls full! I'm so thankful for this boards!  :D Even after all this time of knowing about LDL it is still hard to fathom that I can eat as much as I want as long as I eat the right foods!! The soup almost tasted too good to be true..lol!

Well thanks everyone! I know I'll stick with it this time.
The last few times I didn't have long success because I wasn't adding enough variety!

I'm soo excited!! :D
Thanks everyone for your support!!
rodie

Post by rodie »

Have the tomato soup simmering on the stove right now,needed something new to try for tomorrow as I'm doing the soup and fruit flush.I am having the taco soup for lunch today.GOSH I love this ldl,to think how many diets I have tried and how much MONEY I have spent on different products(ya never know,one of them might have worked! ;)LOL)
Can't say it enough,THANKS ROGER.

Hugzzz
Rodie :)
terrims54

Post by terrims54 »

I am going through all these recipes and my grocery list is growing. So great!!!! Now I just have to decide which soup I want first.
Thanks Little Mary  :thumbsup:
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I made this soup today. Talk about delicious. I used fresh basil in it. I also topped it with popped popcorn.

If you haven't tried this recipe, it's a must try. I plan on making it again soon!!!

Happy eating,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I've never made it, but plan to make it soon.  It is bookmarked.  Ollie, You looked sooo small this evening.  What a difference in one month!!!  I enjoyed the salad, sauce, and meat balls.  Gave my bread and cake away. I ate some grapes when I came home--Watching Monday Night Football---good game.  :thumbsup: JF
southernyankee

Post by southernyankee »

I'm jumping in on this thread kinda late, but for newbies and/or folks that haven't made this soup yet: DO NOT MISS IT! This soup is so warming, filling, and yummy, yummy, yummy. It has been a favorite at our house from my first days on LDL. And it just could NOT be easier to prepare! I use a deep soup kettle when I make this soup (even when I don't double the recipe) so it is so easy to use the immersion blender for the recipe...just be careful, because that's hot stuff you're blending, kids....don't want anyone to get burned!

southernyankee
southernyankee
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

JF,
I ate 2 salads (minus the cheese), the meat sauce, and the meatballs and I had a small banana ice cream when I got home. I bought some broccoli slaw today and I'm going to do my own spaghetti the LDL way.

Southernyankee,
I did not blend the hot soup, just blended the beans and water and added them to the hot soup. My SIL is coming to visit for a few days and she wants me to make this while she is here. ( I think it's because I was singing this soup's praises when I talked to her.)

Happy eating everyone!!
Ollie
Last edited by barrypaxton on September 25th, 2010, 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
waquin

Tender Chicken Breasts

Post by waquin »

I like "juicy" chicken...sometimes I'll put tenders or boneless breasts in a pan on top of the stove
ADD a couple bay leaves and chicken bouillon & enough water to cover...Simmer COVERED about 25-30 minutes covered...I love this...meat is so tender & good!  I save the broth & add to soups or beans!
I found this on LDL from 2006.
This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice in it and be glad.
Psalm 118:24
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Wauquin,
If you like juicy chicken, try Wendy's Tropical Pineapple Chicken. You won't have to use bouillon (has MSG) and I made it without the Splenda and it was delish!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

This sounds good.  I'm going to try it this week.
Debbie B
Tina K

Post by Tina K »

LINDA RN wrote:Wauquin,
If you like juicy chicken, try Wendy's Tropical Pineapple Chicken. You won't have to use bouillon (has MSG) and I made it without the Splenda and it was delish!

We just made the Pineapple chicken the other day w/out the splenda, it was definitely sweet enough without it! I also added some onion! It was fantastic!

Also, Love this tomato soup... We ate a lot of this last year on my first time around with LDL! Glad I saw the recipe again, I will be making some this afternoon to keep me full this week!