Finally . . . Lower Med

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Finally . . . Lower Med

Post by Ginny M. »

I just have to share.

I had been on Prilosec for acid reflux and gas for over 10 years (just recently found out you shouldn't take the meds for more than 3 MONTHS!@!@!  I just threw out the last of my Prilosec that I have had since starting LDL in May 2009 AND HAVE NOT NEEDED THEM!!!!!  :D  If I eat something not LDL I do have to take an OCCASSIONAL Gas X but not a DAILY med.

I also just had 2 doctors semi-annual checkup and my blood pressure was a little low a week apart.  The second doctor when I told him this was the 2nd low blood pressure at a doctors office in a week, he took me off of 1 of my water pills and said I am no longer holding water (even though I LOVE  *love* my salt but I have switched to the pink Himilayan Sea Salt even at restaurants).

LDL WORKS!

*hug*
Ginny
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Finally . . . Lower Med

Post by LINDA RN »

Congratulations Ginny,
Another testimony to the healthy side effects of LDL (besides attaining a healthy weight!)
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

Ginny,
What an amazing success! Congratulations! I have been on Prilosec for 2 years now for acid reflux. I have been on LDL a little over a month and still have to take the Prilosec. Whenever I skip a day, I still get the reflux. Interesting how you say that you can't take for more than 3 months. When I used to work in a doctor's office, they would never prescribe the medicine for over 3 months.  I had mentioned this to my doctor 2 years ago when she prescribed it and she said you can take it as long as you need it. ??? I am looking forward to the day that I can say goodbye to Prilosec forever!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I was taking Prevacid for the same condition twice a day for years.  I am totally off all stomach meds and very seldom have any trouble any longer.
In fact I can't remember the last time a had even a twinge. 
I could have never dreamed just changing my eating around could give such relief.  Praise God for LDL!
jencita
Master Member

Post by jencita »

You are so right - Praise God! I didn't take my Prilosec this morning. We will see what happens.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

DH took antacids for years then progressed to Pepcid and then Zantac. He has not taken anything for over a year now. If you need more motivation to get off Prilosec, read what Dr. Mercola says about the proton pump inhibitors.
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 26th, 2010, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Ginny this is MOST fabulous news!  Congratulations hon. 

Blessed and loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Ginny M. »

Jencita,

If you are not on the Prilosec any longer . . . GREAT!  :D  If you had to go back on them, DON'T DESPAIR!  When I went off Prilosec I weaned myself off them.  First week:  everyother day.  Second week:  every third day.  Third week:  every 4th day.  Fourth week: None.  As I said, after being off them, I only have a problem when I go off LDL.  Then an occassional Gas-X, or OTC antacid once works until it is out of my system.  Good luck. :)  Keep us posted.

*hug*
Ginny