Kentucky

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
monkey

Kentucky

Post by monkey »

Anyone from the board been to the Kentucky Derby or live/visited Louisville?  My husband just surprised me with 2 tickets to the Kentucky Derby - the actual race - for me and my sister - in - law.  OK, before the shock that my husband is not going, let me explain.  My sister in law and I have been friends forever long before she was my sister in law.  We use to barrel race together and still ride and race together today.  My husband will only go as far as to feed my horse (Fudge) and sometimes clean out the stall.  He would not enjoy it as much as she would and he knows that I will probably enjoy it even more with her - someone who is into horses.  Anyway - I am looking for any information about the race or area that I can get.  I am trying to make some reservations soon as I have been told things will be booked.  If anyone can help - thanks
TNangela

Re: Kentucky

Post by TNangela »

Sorry monkey but I always drive to Louisville and have never stayed overnight...that is the closest 6 Flags to me in Tennessee, so I am not certain of the hotel choices there......I would just contact the chamber of commerce there....good luck!
ANG
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Monkey -

If you know the physical address of the Derby location, you can go to MapQuest and put it in.  After the map comes up there is a place on that screen that says something like, "find things near this location". 

I'm not sure if Hotels is listed or if you have to click on the "down arrow" next to a space and choose hotels, but that might be the fastest way of finding something.

Hope this helps.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey Monk! If you Google 'Kentucky Derby', you see that big picture hats and dressing to the 9's is part of the Derby experience, but you could ask the hotel people if anything else is "acceptable." Maybe you can find something at a thrift store as far as hats go. Just be a part of the whole atmosphere, have fun, and hope you bet on a winner! :) .........NYKath