Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
crazy4purple

Post by crazy4purple »

I'm new here.  Just ordered the book this evening because I can't find it in any of the stores.  Have been to these message boards several times reading everyones success stories and have high hopes that this will work for me. 

I, myself, am one who has tried several different 'diets' only to fail because I got tired of eating the same foods, and/or got bored. 

So I will be eager for my book to arrive, but in the meantime will continue to check out the message boards.

Any words of wisdom, advice, support, etc., will be appreciated
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Newbie

Post by robnveronica »

You don't have to wait for the book to begin the plan!!!! That's one of the best things about it. Here it is in a nutshell (or should I say bean pod?):

1) Cut out all bread, pasta, rice, and grains
2) Eat your largest meal at lunch with your Lean Protein
3) Have fruit, veggies at breakfast/dinner
4) EAT UNTIL FULL AND SATISFIED!!!!!!!
5) If you crave sweets eat lots of fruit (the freshest/sweetest you can find --- and especially Frozen grapes!)
6) If you are craving the items in #1 eat Corn, Beans or Peas...Especially the BEANS!!!!! (Right Bean Queen AKA Niki!!!)

Try not to snack between meals if possible so that you are truly Hungry at meal times. If you truly need a snack, have one of the allowable LDL foods. (Read through the boards and you'll get a general idea of what's allowed and not)

Good Luck to you! and Ask Away any ??? you come up with!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

hi c4p.......welcome to our boards.....good summary,veronica......this is the way to lose all the weight you want while you eat as much as you want of all the allowable foods.....the absence of sugar/grains/nuts/seeds stabilizes your blood sugars getting rid of the cravings...the beans and fruit maintain that, keeping you full and satisfied.......
  i was the queen of junk food and NOW i'm the bean queen...check out the recipes on the boards....you can make great homemade bean soups sauteing the vegetables in olive oil...you can eat all the popcorn and soynuts you want....you can eat fruit like watermelon and pineapple...mango...bananas...........enjoy ALL the allowable foods eating(as veronica said)until full.................i wish you success......niki   
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Purple Newbie! (also love and wear it all the time :) )...welcome! I'll just say to get cooking so that you can start your plan right away. Buy a case or two of assorted dry beans, many varieties of canned beans, and different forms of tomatoes and tomato sauces/pastes and start whipping up some soups and chilis or whatever else appeals from the recipes, freeze some what tastes good for quick eating and leftovers, and get going right away with your lunch and dinner meals. The sooner you start, the easier it will be be. Much good luck to you! ......NYKath