[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - If anyone needs a hand resizing photo's...

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Last edited by RandomRaff on , edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  

We can always use another tech queen around here!  Thanks for the offer!

I can't figure out how to get my darn picture on here.  I am pretty tech savvy, but I don't know where to find this URL it asks for???? :pouty:

I will let Raffi tell you how she does it too, because maybe it is an easier way than how I do it.  I have a free photo bucket account.  (go to photobuvcket.com and set one up fro free) I upload a picture from my commuter into photo bucket.  You can tell it that you want an avatar size, it sizes it for you, and then it gives you the code.  Hey Raffi, what do you do?  The more I learn about computers, the more I learn there are lots of ways of accomplishing the same task. 

Ok, sorry for the late reply - I hope this helps!

The 'URL' that it asks for  means that it wants to know where on the internet the picture is saved.... Most of the time family photos are stored on your computer - so to get them on the internet - I would recommend one of many free services (but the easiest I find) out there as Turkkm has said - use photobucket.com

It is SUPER easy to set up an account on photo bucket - click on the register button and it will ask you for basic information. From there the instructions are pretty clear - Once the photo has been added - on the very left hand side you click on the text i've highlighted on the image - come back to the LDL page and paste in the text :)

If anyone needs this further explained I will just write it up starting from the ground up nooo problem!

It's an explanation, but I understand everyone has varying levels of knowledge and this may not be intuitive for some users - so don't be afraid to speak up - if there's issues I'll make a ground up walkthrough :)

Last edited by RandomRaff on , edited 1 time in total.

I would like to put my picture on my post.  What is my first move in doing that?  Thanks, Forever Friend

Hi Raffi,
TY I need help it wont take the picture I want to post!
Cindy

Cindy,

I checked and the last time Raffi logged on to the message boards was in October, 2009 so I don't think she is with us any more. Gwen or Linda RN are great at helping with the pictures.

Ollie

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.

TY , Ollie I will check with them,
Peace,
Cindy

Cindy, you need to post 10 times before you can put your picture on.
Keep talking, you are half way there.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Ok TY will, do how can u tell how many times u post?

if you look under your name it tells you number of posts.........you have 6
                                              kris

If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10

OK.  Have tried and tried to post a profile piccy but having the worst time ever doing this.  Not sure it's worth it?  Thought I was good with the techy stuff too.  How humbling!  Keeps telling me photo is too big.  I have tried cropping.  Reducing. But not happening for me.  Anyone able to help/advise. 

Email me your pic ad I can get it back to you to post or I can post it for you in the gallery. Then you will have to post it to your profile.

the courage to change the one I can,
and the wisdom to know it's me."

"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Wow! Thanks Linda.  You made something complicated seem so easy.  Have a great day tomorrow.