Any chance of you coming my way?

Where and when T.V. interviews will be airing next!
Queenie
Administrator

Any chance of you coming my way?

Post by Queenie »

Hey Roger - Is there any chance that you'll be coming to the Virginia Beach area?  (either for book signing or TV interviews?)  If so, I'd love to know.  I'd love to meet you and Anita.

You would think that most of the people "at the beach" would be slim.  No Way!  I work in Norfolk at the largest Navy base in the world, and am shocked and amazed every day at the size of people... ok, that may be the pot calling the kettle black, but you know what I mean.  In the building that I work in, I would say there are 3 people that are their ideal weight - that's three out of 45!  That's more than 93%!

So, Roger, if you'd like me to get you the names and numbers of the local stations, I'd be happy to... and also to show you around town!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
PattyCakes

Re: Any chance of you coming my way?

Post by PattyCakes »

Roger,

I'd certainly encourage your PR person to look at this area. While I have no idea of the population, its a HUGE area, encompassing Hampton, Norfolk, Newport News, Virginia Beach, Cheasapeake, Williamsburg, the largest naval station in the country and a large air force base.

Patty
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Thanks for jumping in there, Patty! 

Yes, Roger, as Patty said, this area is enormous - I believe it's one of the largest cities in the country - I'm not talking population - I'm talking land-wise.  Here's a quote from "vahomebuyers.com":

"Virginia Beach is a city people fall in love with, and with good reason. Twenty-eight miles of beautiful public beach is grounds enough for many to want to live there. There is a casual lifestyle that comes from being right on the ocean. Despite the fact that it's the fastest growing city in the state, it's 310 square miles means there's plenty of room to grow."

and here's something about Chesapeake - which from where I live in VA Beach, is only a couple of miles:

"As a city, Chesapeake has come a long way. It wasn't long ago that the 13th largest city, in terms of land mass in the United States, was a place where city folks went on a lazy Sunday afternoon to see the country.

Things have changed. Now the Wall Street Journal calls Chesapeake one of the nation's top 10 boom towns and City & State magazine labels it as one of the top 50 up and coming cities in the country. It is no wonder Chesapeake is attracting people from across the country."

and Suffolk which is about 20 miles from me:

"Suffolk has the largest land mass of all the Hampton Roads cities and is the largest city in the state. "

and Norfolk, where I work, parts of which are only 5 miles from me, (downtown Norfolk) and parts are 20 miles from me - I work at Naval Station Norfolk, about 16 miles from my home:

"Norfolk is a city whose downtown rivals almost any metropolitan area in the country. Modern office buildings with their mirrored-glass surfaces do more than reflect the sun of this growing southern city: They reflect the history that shaped Norfolk into what it is today.

Destroyed in both the Revolutionary War and the Civil War, Norfolk has grown into the hub of metropolitan Hampton Roads and the financial center of southeastern Virginia and northeastern North Carolina. Norfolk is home to the world's largest concentration of permanent naval installations. It's no wonder many call this "The Pentagon by The Sea"."

To answer your question, Roger, the largest populated city closest to us is Richmond.  We are about 3.5 hours from DC, where I lived for 25 years.  You can tell your publicist that we are MUCH nicer people down here!!  hahaha!!!

(Hope this wasn't too rambling...)

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Ms Dee
New, but learning

Post by Ms Dee »

Troy and Anita.....I'd like to thank you for your interview on September 28, 2006 with the New Morning Show....I came across your interview towards the end but didn't miss you telling about your Let's Do Lunch....you caught my attention...and I purchased your book right away...in just a few days of doing LDL I have noticed a difference and I'm already loosing weight...with talking around here ...in Delaware....I haven't found anyone yet who knows about LDL....I hope I can get the word out ......advertising helps.....thank you....and your PR.....hugssssssssss Dee