Natrol Carb Intercept with Phase 2

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Natrol Carb Intercept with Phase 2

Post by CodingQueen »

Good Afternoon Guys,

I was wondering how many of you have heard of this product. It's something that my son has been using. He says that it's made from white kidney bean extract and that it controls the influx of sugar into the bloodstream from pasta, rice, bread, potatoes, etc. In otherwords, the foods not approved on LDL.

He's been following the LDL program except he still has to have his red beans and rice like my grandmother use to make him. I asked him if he'd lost any weight and, of course, his answer was, "Yes." I was shocked  :shocked: That's when he told me about this product. He says that you take two capsules before your meal and it takes care of the rest.

Very interesting,

CQ
sibelclair

Re: Natrol Carb Intercept with Phase 2

Post by sibelclair »

I tried those pills during this winter and also while I was on vacation. I ate a lot and I was happy when I came back from my trip because I hadn't taken any pounds..
but I can't say I have lost pounds with those pills. I just didn't get some while I was taking them.

I have stopped taking them a while ago. I finally realized that all those miracles in a bottle don't exist, and they might not be that healthy to take. And they are not cheap. I think I have spent over 1000 $ on different diet pills!!!

I prefer eating the LDL way.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Sibelclair,

I read the ingredients and all it contains is 190 mg of Calcium, 40 mcg Chromium, 20 mg Sodium, 1,000 mg White Kidney Bean Extract, Gelatin, Acacia, Water, Magnesium Stearate and Silica.

NO Wheat, Corn, Milk, Egg, Soy, Glutens, Artificial Colors or Flavors, Added Sugar or Preservatives.

This is not a diet pill. This is just a lot of minerals that are known to increase the metabolism plus the extract that is suppose to keep the blood sugar in check. It must work because the only time he uses it is when he has his red beans and rice OR he and his buddies go to a Sushi Bar. The rest of the time he follows the LDL program without any cravings and he's still losing weight. And, yes, it's not cheap.

CQ
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I talked about this exact product on another thread.  I took them on two different occasions in the past, each time for a month.  I lost two inches around my waist each time.  Of course, when I went off of them I put it back on.  I didn't notice a difference in my blood sugar because I hadn't changed the way I was eating.  I was wondering if we just ate the white beans if it would have the same effect.  I actually liked this product but since I only work part-time I stick to a pretty strict budget and right now it doesn't include this product.
grambonnie5

Post by grambonnie5 »

I have taken those exact supplements but did not notice anything as far as inches or weight loss. I have a bottle in my cupboard now. I just think it is exercise and food choices and intake. My daughter went to her doctor a month or so ago and said she needed something to help her control her eating and lose weight. Her doctor(who was also slightly overweight) said "if there were something that would really work to lose weight - don't you think that I would prescribe it for myself and lose this weight?" There are no miracle pills in a bottle. It takes dedication to a healthy lifestyle eating program like LDL. Period!!!!! Off my soap box now. I just know that I have tried everything.
Be pretty if you are; be witty if you can; but be cheerful if it kills you!
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Massageangel,

I don't know if the white beans would work or not. I just know that he's following the LDL plan except when he has rice. That's when he uses this stuff. It's not very often but he says he'd rather take the extract than have to do a fruit and soup flush the next day.

I think you probably would have kept your inches off had you been doing the LDL program when you quit using it.

And as far as doctors are concerned, grambonnie5, they are the worst at following anything that's healthy. Believe me, I know, I work with them. Yes, there are plenty of diet shots and pills out there and they know it. But, they don't take them themselves because they also know how dangerous they are even though they have no problem prescribing them for their patients. I've already seen an ER doctor have a heart attack and die on the job while taking diet pills. He had already been warned by the other ER doctors that he was risking his life and that he should just try eating a healthy diet. He should have listened. The only thing that is going to work is for us to educate the doctors and dietitians about LDL. Most of the naturopathic physicians that I work with are already aware of the program and are in agreement with the structure of the diet. Unfortunately, most people don't go to a naturopathic physician unless they are desperate due to being diagnosed with cancer or some other fatal disease.

CQ
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

I'm interested in hearing what the naturopath has to say about LDL.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Massageangel,

I spoke to a naturopathic physician when I had heard about the LDL program. They believe the body is healthier when it consumes approximately 75-80% alkaline forming foods and 20-25% acidic forming foods. By doing that the body's pH becomes slightly alkaline. They have found that cancer, most viruses and other inflammatory diseases thrive in an acidic state but the cells die when exposed to an alkaline state. Also, the body doesn't store fat when it's in an alkaline state, therefore, the body will maintain a normal weight.

Now, according to the physician I spoke with, the LDL program comes relatively close to the percentages stated above provided that only fruit is served for breakfast and dinner. Protein is acidic forming and should not be eaten in large amounts and by eating it only at lunch was staying within the guidelines. In other words, this is as close to perfect as you're going to get. So, that's when I decided to buy the book and forget all those other diets I've tried in the past.

CQ
Rhea Joyce
New, but learning

Post by Rhea Joyce »

CQ, thanks for sharing that info.  I've read about acid-alkaline balance in the past and had always been interested in incorporating that info into my diet but had never heard about those percentages, so that's helpful.

About the phase 2 carb product, since it's made from beans, my guess would be that it works at least to the extent that 1) beans lower the glycemic response of any other carbs eaten with them, meaning that when your son eats his rice with beans, the rice does a bit less damage, and 2) beans have tons of fiber.  Beyond that, not sure if they work or not.  I'd say just eat more beans... LOL... they're cheaper and tastier. 

I do know that certain carbs will shoot up your blood sugar, which shoots up insulin, which makes us store fat-- in particular, baked potatoes, most cereals, most bread/crackers/baked goods, most rice-- so even with a carb blocker supplement I'd really try to avoid those, as LDL does.  Even white sugar doesn't shoot up your blood sugar like those foods do, according to my MD.
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

CodingQueen,

Thanks for the info.  That is the same information I learned when I studied naturopathy.  I am glad to hear that this way of eating is pretty close.  The only other way of eating that I know would be the raw food way of eating but that's too hard on my gums and teeth.  The philosophy behind the raw food way of eating is that ALL cooked foods are unhealthy.

Back to the Natrol Carb Intercept - they are actually starch blockers just like the fat blockers that are out there.  They block carbs from reaching the digestive system. 
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Rhea Joyce and Massageangel,

You Welcome!

I've also heard that raw is the way to go, that's why I try to only steam my veggies rather than boil them to death...lol

And, yes, I know that the product is a starch blocker...that's probably why it works when BJ eats sushi. There must be at least two cups of rice in each roll...oh, how I miss the tempura battered soft shell crab roll... :'(

But, the bottom line is this...We need to educate people about the LDL program so that starch blockers are not necessary to use in order to enjoy our meals. As you said, Rhea Joyce, certain carbs send our blood sugar out of control. It causes our pancreas to over secrete Insulin to deal with them and, unfortunately, our bodies can't utilize all of it and, therefore, it's stored as fat. And we just get fatter and fatter and fatter. The United States is becoming the most obese nation on the planet.

CQ
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I received an email this morning that said that Dr. Oz talked about white bean extract and how it helps to block the carbs. You'd have to eat a large amount of white beans to get the same effect as the extract. I know my son says it's the best thing he's ever used. Plus, Dr. Perricone has been prescribing Natrol Carb Intercept with Phase 2 for his patients for awhile now.

CQ
JEM

Post by JEM »

It probably would be good to take if you know you're going to eat much carbs in your meal.  But for me the major factor in losing weight and maintaining it is to really change the way I eat and LDL has allowed me to do just that.  And those pills do not come cheap.
Never let 'em see you sweat!
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I used them when I took my first cruise about 10 years ago (long before I found LDL).  I took 2 before every meal and ate anything I wanted.  After 7 days I came home with only a 3 pound gain and I did no extra exercise on board ship, nor a lot of walking on tours as I did not have my knees replaced at the time and walking was very painful.  I feel they worked for me.  But now I have LDL  *love* .

CQ -- If protein makes your body acid, doesn't the protein in beans make it acid, too?  How can we get an alkaline body?  I know my body is very acidic and very much want to change that.

*hug*          Ginny
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

Yes, beans are acidic as well. If you want to become more alkaline then you need to eat more fruits and vegetables. The only oil that is alkaline forming is coconut oil but it's not listed on the link below.

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/pdf_news/ ... _Chart.pdf

My son eats a lot of sushi. The sushi bars actually cook the rice with sugar and the white bean extract has helped him to be able to enjoy it without the weight gain.

CQ
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

CQ, I've known medical people who smoke incessantly; can't wait to take a ciggie break. I once asked an acquaintance why he continued to smoke when he of all people knows the probable health ramifications of such a bad habit; he just shrugged, grinned, and blew smoke in the air! :rolleyes:

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I use to work with a doctor that smoked 2 packs a day (I still haven't figured how he managed to do that while doing surgery most of the day a couple times a week). I remember one time he told one of his male patients that he needed to quit smoking...the man told him that he'd quit when he did. They both just laughed and went outside for a cigarette. Unfortunately, the doctor later died from pancreatic cancer. It was adenocarcinoma...not squamous cell or small cell which is from smoking. So, he would have died from cancer anyway.

CQ
a new me

Post by a new me »

I have used these in the past while I was on atkins if I was going to cheat. I think one of the reasons ldl works so well is because of the beans and this is whats in the pill. I think they do help if your in a pinch and have to eat something off plan but the diet does this naturally. I have some left and thought I would try them them as an added help but my problem is I never can remember to take them .
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wq3jtO4/]
[/url]