Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino

From smoothies to healthy teas, here you can quench your thirst!
Daundra
New, but learning

Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino

Post by Daundra »

1 or 2 shots of espresso (or strong coffee)
Milk (approx 1/2 cup or until desired consistency or taste is reached.
Ice about 6-8 cubes
Vanilla to taste
Cinnamon to taste
2-4 packets of no-calorie sweetener

Blend together until no ice chunks remain. Serve and enjoy the deliciousness and caffiene buzz.

Coming soon......
Pumpkin Pie Frosted Latte
11 lbs lost!

April 3, 2011 lost baby #1
July 13, 2011 said goodbye to baby #2 @ 6 weeks

October 10, 2011 found out about baby #3!

God has given to me so abundantly and He has taken from me greatly, but even in my hardest, most painful moments He is no less good or loving. Blessed be the name of t
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino

Post by MsHeirloom »

I wish there was a "legal" substitute for the milk.  I haven't used it on my LDL journey.  This recipe sounds great.  I think I'll try it without the milk.  Pam
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Would a little sugar free powdered creamer dissolved in water work?
11 lbs lost!

God has given to me so abundantly and He has taken from me greatly, but even in my hardest, most painful moments He is no less good or loving. Blessed be the name of t
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I love the tast of cinnamon and vanilla in coffee....was pretty hooked on Cafe Vienna (so packed with unnessessay chemicals), so gave it up, but still add it to coffee occassionally for a treat.

The chemicals in the powdered creamer are so terrible and not healthy.
The half and half will be the healthier choice since you are pregnant.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

I've been using milk. I was trying to brainstorm an alternative to milk for MsHeirloom. Hmm, I'm out of ideas then.
11 lbs lost!

Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Yeah, I'm not drinking much at all. Less than what my Dr told me.
11 lbs lost!

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Actually I have been reading about the importance of fat especially for brain function.
I was reading about it on the Wheat Belly site that was discussing the roll of Foic Acid on DNA development and brain and neuro development during pregnancy.
While you are pregnant you need fat in your diet.
Just make sure it is healthy fat (from natural sources) and not the nasty trans fats.
By eliminating the processed grains (something that will leave doctors and nutritionists scrating their heads), you will fill up on all the healthy fruits and veggies and enjoy wonderful health.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Daundra
New, but learning

Post by Daundra »

Since I started LDL I've been trying to make our meals from scratch, no pre-prepared foods, and I love the difference it makes. You haven't had chicken noodle soup til you've had homemade chicken noodle soup. My husband isn't doing LDL (well kinda, cuz I don't buy junk or grains. Lol) but he's loosing weight too and he's complaining less about his back hurting and has way too much energy now!

I love this way of eating. I don't crave junk and even if I take a bite I spit it out because it's gross to me now. I  used to crave frozen yogurt, but after downing a smoothie each time I wanted frozen yogurt I crave fruit smoothies like crazy!

LDL has been a real God-send. Last time I was preggo I ate so much junk I gained 15 pounds ina month. I've been pregnant a month and one week and I've fluctuated between the same or 4 pounds less. I'm so glad for LDL, my baby is going to benefit so much from it.  *love* I can feel my little one growing stronger and stronger each day when before at this time I felt it getting weaker. 

Haha I got a tad off topic... Lol but I've enjoyed the chat, ladies. :)
11 lbs lost!

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I so envy you.
First pregnancy I lived on supersized Big Mac meals and the second pregnancy I was hooked on Chineese food. Ended up gaining a whopping 100lbs that I maintained for 26 years.
Wish we had known about LDL 30 years ago!
I know you will have a delightful pregnancy this time around!
Enjoy your chatter and really interested on how you gain then loose (postpartum) with this WOE.
Last edited by LINDA RN on October 18th, 2011, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda

jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

i craved taco bell with my first and i gained 60 pounds!!!! ....ick!!! the thought makes me wanna wretch!!  :sick:

so glad you have found ldl daundra, so glad for you AND your little one!!  *love*

blessings
jo

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com