popcorn flour

Get innovations here.
wondergirl
New, but learning

popcorn flour

Post by wondergirl »

I want to get off wheat. Anyone have some recipes for using alterative flour? Thanks
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: popcorn flour

Post by MsHeirloom »

I can understand your concern. I have been wheat-free for over 4 years. Using an alternative flour will not help your weight-loss goals.

I use corn thins for sandwiches and dips. Popcorn is a crunchy snack and can be flavored with spices such as cinnamon. Soups can be thickened or "creamed" with blended beans. Some members are making pancakes with egg and banana.

Beans are a tasty, starchy food that will satisfy your desire for foods which are made from flours. Like I've said before, it's all a mindset. I never feel deprived. There are an abundance of wheat-free foods on Let's Do Lunch. I will never go back to eating wheat. I am happy with my weight and I feel great!!!!!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

If wheat and gluten are causing sensitivity/allergy issues, you can use garbanzo bean flour or coconut flour.
HOWEVER, experience has shown many LDL'ers that these flours, although gluten-free, spike cravings.
See the comments about Banzo Bisquits or Bonzo Brownies.
If you fill up on lots of beans and whole fruits, eventually the need for anything with flour goes away.
And along with it goes the weight.
Welcome to LDL.
If you let us know what kinds of foods you feel you cannot do without and want a substitute, we are here with years of experience to help!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wondergirl
New, but learning

Post by wondergirl »

Thanks to all
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

I just returned from shopping. I usually buy Bush Butter Beans ( large)..Right next to the Bush BB was the store brand and was less expensive too! I read the ingredients: Lima beans, water and salt!!! I don't know how they get away with this, but they do X( Anyway, Make sure you read the cans so you are getting Butter Beans and not canned Lima...
I had left over lima beans so I experimented making the potato cakes..there is a BIG difference, not only in the taste, but the texture as well. They didn't taste anything like "the LDL receipe" and the same with the little butter beans, just not the same...
So I won't use anything but the BIG BB's. The LDL recipe is fantastic..
Zesti.