[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Which Proteins Cause Quicker Weight Loss

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Just a short note to let you know that the more you eat seafood as your protein entree...the quicker the weight will come off.

Next in line would be poultry and lastly would be red meat.

Your friend, forever,

Roger

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Profile Send private message  

would this be anykind of seafood? i really don't like alot of seafood, except for fried shrimp, shrimp cocktail, and crab cakes, and stuffed crab which i'm sure all these are bad for you.

You should avoid the deep-fried shrimp and other foods coated and deep-fried with batters or breadcrumbs. Stuffed crab that you buy in restaurants will definitely have a lot of bad stuff in the stuffing, as will most crabcakes. If you find a restaurant that just uses jumbo lump crabmeat without wheat products (bread or crackers), butter or cream as filler, then the crabcakes might be ok, but it's doubtful such a restaurant exists!

Happily, there is one thing on your list you aren't excluded from. There is nothing wrong with Shrimp Cocktail at all from a weight-loss point of view. You can also sautee your shrimp in some LDL-approved "Garlic Butter." (See my Garlic Butter recipe on the recipe boards. It uses Shedd's Willow Run soy margarine.) Hope this helps!

Mary

Last edited by marysimmons on , edited 1 time in total.

I like Shrimp...but it is hard on my Budget of food Buying- can't afford shrimp.....IS there anything ELSE cheaper I can BUY to have enough Proteins to LOSE MORE faster weight LOSS? GOD BLESS All and I am Grateful for all I have..

Hi, Willa. To begin with, you may not have the money to buy foods like shrimp...so just follow what the book says, and after you have lost some weight -- your grocery bill should not be nearly as much as it has been, and then you should be able to afford some shrimp once in a while.

God bless,

Roger Troy

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)

Where would the vegetarian meats fall in there? I was looking at them today at the store, and noticed that they all add in proteins, mostly soy. That's too bad, I was hoping they wouldn't count as a protein at all! haha

Are you a vegetarian? If so, let me know. The rules are pretty much the same for vegetarians, but it's a bit easier for vegetarians than for carnivores!

Or are you eating meat at one meal and trying to eat "vegatarian meat" at other points during the day too? Please clarify what you are asking about, and I will happily answer your question.

Yours in Peace,

Mary

Last edited by marysimmons on , edited 1 time in total.

Hi, SarahMB. Welcome to our boards. I have never purchased any vegetarian meats, but as I understand it they are soy (from soybeans) and other kinds of beans...and if these are the only ingredients, then they can be eaten at lunch and dinner...and, for example, at breakfast, when I just have to have something more substantial than the norm, I have heated refried beans spread out on a plate, and put a couple eggs "over easy" on top...yummy!

Sarah, in addition to what little Mary asked you, what are the exact ingredients of the vegetarian meats you are interested in?

God bless,

Roger Troy

Last edited by Anonymous on , edited 1 time in total.

No, I'm not vegetarian. I was hoping to add in the vegetarian meat at a second meal, like dinner.

One of them would be a Boca Burger patty, which lists it's ingredients as:
WATER, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, WHEAT GLUTEN, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF METHYLCELLULOSE, SALT, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, DRIED ONIONS, MALTODEXTRIN, YEAST EXTRACT, SESAME OIL, DEFATTED WHEAT GERM, HYDROLYZED PROTEIN (CORN AND SOY) AND HYDROLYZED WHEAT GLUTEN, CARAMEL COLOR, SOY SAUCE (WATER, SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), AUTOLYZED YEAST EXTRACT, DISODIUM GUANYLATE, DISODIUM INOSINATE, SUCCINIC ACID.

OK.....here is the problem, and this is what causes most of us to fail when we are trying to lose weight. Wheat gluten means "gluten"....think of it as "glue" that sticks to your thighs and your stomach wall! That's one of the two main ingredients in this food product.

Tofu, which is just soy bean curd, is acceptable at all 3 mealtimes of the day. But these "veggie" meats which include wheat, sugars, etc., are very tricky.........I fell for the same trick when I first realized I needed to lose weight. ALWAYS READ THE INGREDIENTS!

If you have questions about the ingredients, please let me know. I wish you the very best and know you will do well.

Mary

Thanks, Mary, that's exactly what I needed to know! I'm glad I asked before buying any.

Hello Everybody, I had bought the vegetarian meats too..and i thought I was doing the right thing...Oh My Goodness, I was not...I am waiting to get started with the book, and I am walking alot and doing some sit ups and watching what i eat..but do not exactly to do until LDL gets here...I like to ask is the ALL GRAIN BREADS good for us?..if not, then what can I eat with my tuna on bread?...God Bless and I Thank GOD for having all of YOU!...willie226

When you do LDL, you won't crave bread anymore. But, that said, to begin with it's hard to go without eating any bread. So, what the book says is to eat your sandwich "open faced" on one slice of whole grain, whole wheat or rye bread, and eat it with a knife and fork (you get the same taste with one slice of bread as you do with two).

In my opinion, the best bread to eat with a sandwich is Wasa Light Crispbread. If your grocer doesn't have this, have him/her call 1-800-924-9272 and order it for you.

Further, if you take a whole grain bun, discard the bottom half of it, take the gooey insides out of the top half and throw this away...you can put your sandwich ingredients into the shell that is left (again you get the same taste, but only the shell of the half-bun goes into your body).

The way to have your sandwiches without any bread is to do "lettuce wraps", which Neets and I do all the time. Neets and I almost never eat bread anymore...it doesn't interest us...all the non-fattening starchy carbs that we eat have totally eliminated our desire for bread. I know that's hard to believe for all you newbies, but I'm telling you the absolute truth...you will see.

God bless,

Roger Troy

:)Hi, I just want to say Roger is right; bread and potatoes have always been my favorite foods but I find that I don't miss them on this way of eating. I also love any kind of bean and was so thrilled to know that we can eat any kind of bean and the corn helps also; I believe that if we will stick to this we will lose the weight - I'm committed to do it - hope you will be also. Congratulations - we can do it together! Marlena

I really like how you've turned the idea of 'weight loss" into a list of positive actions you can take right now to better your life. We can easily switch off our Weight which makes complicated our life to live happily. Eat clean , healthy diet and avoid unhealthy diet. Do proper workout for weight loss.