I'm giving LDL my all!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
SweetRose
Master Member

I'm giving LDL my all!

Post by SweetRose »

I have strayed in the past because of my silly sweet tooth; X( it's a little difficult for me because I am not a fruit lover at heart to keep me from the sweets. However, there are times when I'm thirsty ( after eating popcorn, for example) and really want the frozen grapes and watermelon. What I love are all the wonderful foods that are allowed on this plan. I remember when I first started LDL a few years ago and how successful I was in losing weight. I didn't weigh in for about 3 months- Roger had warned about the fluctuations- and I was thrilled to see 28 pounds gone!!!!!!! :ymapplause: I didn't have a whole lot more to lose to goal, maybe 20 pounds. But.... I got off track....and gained weight....but I'm wholeheartedly back on again! :ymparty:

I love all of you and look forward to reading your inspiring posts. Please keep them coming!

SweetRose @};-
yoyodieter
New, but learning

Re: I'm giving LDL my all!

Post by yoyodieter »

Good for you sweetrose.I am in the same boat. I was below goal weight and felt great... then :-O !! almost all the weight back on. Anyway as of 10 days ago I am back on track. One keeps focusing on the things you should not eat. Well keep at it we want to call ourselves the biggest loosers :D
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

SweetRose and YoYo. I am so glad to see you come back. I enjoy reading your posts so much! I still consider myself to be a Newbie and can learn from you guys. We all have set backs and life just gets in the way sometimes, but when we can get back on the wagon again and turn it all around. Well, that's just a Good thing! you guys are just "proof in the LDL pudding" that this does work. Thank you :ymhug:
Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

SweetRose, my daughter is transfering to Alaska. She is a nurse in the US Public Health Corp and will be working at a tribal hospital. I am going to drive up with her husband and kids on the AlCan Hwy, so I need to get a passport asap. I just took a spring break trip with them and I think the little ones are better travelers than I am! They are all excited about the trip. Hope you go on the boards from time to time and see this post. Aloha, Omalani
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

That trip sounds like a wonderful adventure. Enjoy!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

To go to Alaska, is still a dream of mine. Omi, I hope you have a wonderful time.
We are going "cabamping". There will be six of us staying in a cabin this weekend. I am taking "safrito" chicken, grapes and my corn thins. Probably some hummus too. I know there will be salsa involved so, I will just enjoy my corn thins and salsa's for game time. I am really looking forward to all the fun we have as a group. We will all keep moving with bike riding, walking the nature paths and laughing a lot.
My goal is to continue walking daily when we get home..
Zesti
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

What is safrito chicken?
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Here's the fresh version. But, they sell it in a plastic containor in the freezer section. I don't buy the glass jar, it doesn't taste good to me. I make lots a head of time and freeze.
I sprinkle chicken with, 1 TBSP each of: cumin, corrander, papreka, garlic powder and salt. This is also called "sazon" seasoning, but the store bought has MSG in it so I make my own.

In a bowl I mix.One can of tomato sauce (large), 1 can plum tomatoes..1/2 cup of red wine.. or 1 bottle beer... Mix it all together pour over chicken and bake. Make sure your chicken is covered in sause if you are baking, can also be done on top of stove... OR put it all in a crock pot for 6-7 hours. If you use chicken breast, don't cook it so long. This is very close to Chicken Fricesse a Latin chicken dish. The traditional has potatoes in it. I just omit those, and is served with rice, which I will make for others.
With Omalani's version. I don't saute, I just add frozen or grilled corn and eat as a salsa, or side salad and/or use as a relish for hamburgers etc, etc..

Zesti

Posted by Omalani
Sofrito is the secret ingredient in many Latin Caribbean dishes and it's so easy to make. It's a versatile, aromatic puree of tomatoes, peppers, cilantro, onions, and garlic. You may use a food processor or blender for desired reults. This recipe makes about 1 quart of sofrito.
Ingredients:
•2 medium green peppers, seeds removed
•1 red sweet pepper, seeds removed
•2 large tomatoes
•2 medium onions, peeled
•1 head of garlic, peeled
•1 bunch cilantro leaves
•1/2 bunch parsley leaves optional (I like it with cilantro only)
Saute all ingredients in coconut or EVOO, let them cool and process them in food processor or blender. Put in small containers to freeze.

I omit the red peppers and use green tomatoes or tomatillos to get the verde or green sauce, I use the cilantro leaves and
stems because they have the flavor so why throw it away
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

SweetRose and YoYo!!!! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back! It's so great to see you both!!!!!! :D :ymhug:

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.