Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

Yesterdays Eats:
B - coffee w/cocont milk
L- steamed chicken with, fresh mushrooms, radishs, carrots, and celery w/cumin spice.
D- bean soup, veggie salad: ice berg, cuc's, cilantro, and beets. evoo for dressing.
S - Popcorn with coconut oil and sprinkled with unsweetened coconut. YUMMY!
apples to bed

I sure do LOVE seeing the numbers of the scale go down! I just wanted to see if I was at a stall or what?
I have been trying to change my ticker tape, but something is up with that web site.
I am really putting the coconut vs. 1/2 n !/2 to the test today.... :-ss
I have been doing just the coconut milk in coffee the past 3 days. It has not triggered any sweet craving later on in the day or evening. I am out, so today is the last of the 1/2 and half so we'll see :-ss :-ss
I will make a huge batch of smoothies to have on had and to be prepared should the sweet trigger go off.
I will know it's a "food" thing and not a "mood" thing..Testing 1, 2 3....
Up dated ticker tape.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Great news GF! I am not around a computer so will not be posting much till I get back Tuesday. I am struggling with family and eating out, not to mention homemade Ice Cream!! :ymdevil: Life is busy, speak life!!

Had a great time at the party, but ate off LDL. I will start again in the morning. I am grateful to God for my beautiful family, and the time we spend together. Life is good.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Omi,
I am so glad you are enjoying your family. I think laughing alot makes one keep the pounds off too! =))

Yesterdays Eats:
B - coffee w/1/2 and 1/2
L - chic brst and cabbage, cup of bean soup
D - fresh salad, ice burg, beats, mushrooms, beets, cuc's and green onions, garlic powder and evoo 4 dressing.
S - 1/2 bag of pepermint pretzels :ymdevil: popcorn w/coconut oil.

Ok it might be the beets in my salad. BUT! me thinks the 1/2 n 1/2 might have something to do with it too.
Today I go and buy a BIG container of the coconut milk and stick with that! Once I'm on this for a few days, I will add beets to my salad again and see if they are a trigger for me.
DH went to the store and brought the pretezels home thinking of me. Ok. So we "refreshed" our discussion about NOT having the stuff in the house. Of course this was after I had already eaten half the bag and BEFORE I yelled STOP in my head! Once I had my popcorn all was well.
Yelling STOP to me in my head, is a "refresher" for me. To commit myself to getting this weight off and eating healthier. Hey, it works for me! I made the choice to eat popcorn and apples instead!!
Today is "load up on fruit day". I will PLAN a smoothie for every evening next week and be nice to myself.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Zesti, I thought of you yesterday at the California Pizza Kitchen. I had a Moroccan Roasted Veggie salad. It had mixed salad greens with crisp tender butternut squash cubes, cubes of beets, slant cut roasted parsnips and carrots, slivered almonds and quartered dates. The dressing was olive oil and lemon with a hint of mustard and sweetness and poppy seeds. I think I will leave out the dates, but put one date in the drsg. for that hint of sweetness. I think I will throw in some golden raisins instead of the dates. It was soooooo good. We need to rent Mar Luna for an LDL meet up. It was about $300 a night but had 3 bedrooms with double beds and a couple of blow up beds. The kitchen was a dream. huge bay windows over the sink sink and Jennair electric range, that looks out on the ocean. It is a rocky shore line and the Pacific waves greet it with sprays into the air and that beautiful translucent shade of green-blue from the light shining through the water. It was a dream vacation where lifestyles of the rich and famous meets the gathering of the family clan. It was food and mood!! ;) Anyway, I am off to church. I love you all and I am anxious to get on with this California Dreamin', life is spectacular!! B-)
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Oh I am so familar with Mar Luna, so many wonderful memories. Spectacular area. I actually ate your words on the pizza..yummy. YUM! even without the pizza. I do miss Cali.. A Mar Luna LDL would be fantastic..
Off to fix a turkey burger before DH is up and we get running..
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

testing 1 2 4
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Monterey Plaza Hotel with girls to hear daughter Julie sing. I drank Tonic water with a lime. We had Mexican dinner and there were fried flour tortillas on my salad. So I am paying with heartburn now. I just took a couple of Tums. We have no apples, it will be a long night. Life is fun.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

DH and I were out on a "mission finding fact adventure" yesterday. Guess what we passed by?
California Pizza Kitchen!! didn't even know they were out here..So tempted to stop! But, we kept going..
To end the day trip, we had to stop at the grocery store for "a short list". Well, when DH is with me it is short! anyway...I picked up the already cooked chicken, he picked up Sushi as well as the other items on my list. Walked in the door at 9p.m.. Put the groceries away, zapped my corn, yanked at the chicken, removing the skin, poured some tea, changed my clothes and we sat down to a movie around 9:30ish.
Free Birds. It's animated, and I love those. I fixed a large portion of corn, and small of protein. I could go back for more if need be after all, I did eat my lunch around 2pm before we left the house this time at 4p.m. But, I didn't bring my corn thin nibblers or soup this time either.
I choose the chicken over "the fight" I knew would come with junk eating and exhaustion, so a little chicken it was, corn and a freshly cleaned bad of grapes! Disaster avoided!! YEAH! I didn't want or need seconds, Yeah again!!
It was a "YEAH,YEAH Day"!! So YEAH!!!!!

Yesterday's Eats:
B - coffee w/yucky creamer
L - turkey burger with steamed cabbage.
D- corn, roasted chicken from store, skin removed.
S- grapes.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Yesterdays Eats: I am going back to time frames, to reflect on later. These don't include cooking time, just timing it from the actual "munching time",,

B - 7:30ish - coffee, w/coconut milk

L- 2:45 - dumped chicken brst in pressure cooker, with 1/2 cup water, top with, 2 parsnips, carrots, cabbage and cumin for my spice flavor, spiced ice tea, grapes

5:ish - Banana - spiced ice tea and onto Preparing sirloin roast for DH. Left over's for me tomorrow...,

7:30ish - Wanting (craving?) something rich and creamy - Soooo- smoothie of - 3 little apples, 1/2 frozen banana, few slices of pineapple, and just a little juice, ice, about 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Man, oh Man, that hit the spot. Tasted just like a pina'calada and is just what I wanted/needed. II I will have the same thing tonight just to use up the pineapple and will add just a little kale, just cuz it's green! and good for me..

9pm - popcorn and spiced iced tea.
10pm - handful of grapes, just to tell me I really didn't want anything else!

Midnight - snoozing time! up a few times during the night, as was the way last night too.
I know it was all the tea I have been drinking lately.
For some reason I haven't been drinking as much water as I usually do, so it's just my bladder getting used to the liquid again and NOT me, not being able to sleep. Which is a very good thing!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[color=#FF0080]TI - will = total inches lost[/color]....I am going to measure once a week instead of weighing, and just keep record of total inches going down, or maybe just moving some other place I am not measuring..LOL! like my ankles! Hey, I could gain weight there and not mind it one bit!!
[color=#FF0080]TC= 154[/color]
[color=#FF0080]TI-154[/color]

Beans - Make more beans!!! eat more beans!! love more beans!! DON'T FORGET YOUR BEANS!!!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

L-3:00 - sirloin steak, corn and brussels sprouts, tea

6:30 - making triple pot of Chickpea soup in pressure cooker.
7:30 - cup of soup - Got side tracked, left to much broth in pot before creaming, added butter beans, still to thin.
Oh well, still makes a wonderful "cuppa". And will make a wonderful broth for a turkey ball soup.

9:30 - cup of soup and popcorn, grapes
10:30 - DONE!

12:30 snoozing.

[color=#FF0080]TI - 154[/color]..
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*Runs and and leaves you a HUGE HUG* :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Zesti »

LP - so happy to have you ( and Omalani) back. OK! everybody back!! Snowbirdie even came up from all that snow, still! I missed reading everyone's posts. I think I am addicted!! ok, well I know I am, but I will worry about that later. At least it's a healthy addiction... if there is such a thing, and if there wasn't. There is now!!
This WOE is helping me do away with the bad habits! Yeah!
Yesterdays Eats:
7:45 - coffee w/coconut milk - and set bedroom alarm for 9pm..
2:45- big mug of Isreali soup. (my soup of the week) then onto, left over chicken, cabbage, parsnips and ice tea.
8pm - popcorn w/drizzle of coconut oil, HUGE smoothie of...1/2 cup butter beans, 1/4 cup coconut milk,
5 slices of canned pineapple rings, 1/8 cup of the juice, 1 granny smith peeled and de-seeded apple, 3 little organice apples not peeled but de-seeded. Don't want any apple tree growing in my tummy =)) There's no room cuz of the watermelon growing.... =)) This made 30oz's and I drank it all. My usual smoothie glass is 16oz, and save some for tommorrow. Well, tomorrow was already here and I drank the whole thing!
9pm- I am setting bedroom alarm. I have to get up to turn it off. I am remined NOT to eat after 9pm.
(ok I cheated, dh actully did the getting up part) 8-| I was in the middle of finishing up the last of the grapes in the house. About 2 cups, but it was what did the trick. Done! Satisfied! And I will do the getting up next time and from there after.
12:am snoozing
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Snowbirdie,
I brought this up for you. It's pretty much the same as mine but I don't add splenda or ed pepper.
I use canned tomatoes that DO NOT have added sugar listed on the can's ingredients.
I will use - concentrated "just grape juice" ( no added sugar kind. I use Welch's) or if I don't have that. I shred a carrot up. Both will help to neutralize the acid in the tomatoes, smooth's the sauce out.
Chef's I know, use baking powder. I prefer the juice or the carrot.

If you have your own spaghetti recipe. Just try using that. Only get the cans of tomatoes without added sugar and don't add sugar on your own. Even if, when you buy tomatoes without added sugar in the ingredients. AND, end up adding sugar. To me, at least that is a better option/choice. As you are in control of how much. That's the important thing to me. Hey, I have been without sugar, juice and carrots in the house, but I had some grapes..guess what? yep, in they went!!
Now, when I think sugar. I don't think of the white stuff anymore!!
Zesti,
P.S This is from the Board Index's section, listed under "sauces" and almost one of the last pages..Z

Carolyn's Marinara

1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
2-3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
2 small cans (6 oz.) tomato paste (or 1- 6oz. can)
4 cups water
1 Tablespoon dried Basil
1 Tablespoon dried Oregano
1 Tablespoon dried Parsley
1 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 Tablespoons Splenda
1 1/2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper (less if you don't like it spicy)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Zesti wrote:testing 1 2 4

Grading A+ hehe :D

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

LOL..at first. WHAT??. Then I scrolled back...I was trying to get my tickertape up dated, that didn't work, so I just decided to get rid of it and just keep track of my inches.
It's so nice to get an A+. I love those! my one of my teachers used to use the :D too. Guess I still got it!!

Yesterdays Eats:
7:30am - coffee w/coconut milk
3:00pm - roasted 2x6oz fillet of salmon with "pesto" toppings of: evoo/cilantor/garlic + evoo/sage/Dijon mustard. side of evoo sauteed kale+butter beans. ice tea. SO YUMMY! adn I was STUFFED!!
8:45pm - not really hungry and not in the mood to make smoothie. Fixed about 1 cup of unsweetened apple sauce.
9:00pm..as I was nibbling at the applesauce my "don't eat after 9 alarm clock went off. As I was walking to turn it off. I thought I better eat cuz I will want something later and it won't be just applesauce.
I made the decision of "Why" I am not hungry" so why should I eat? Do you want this weight off? YES!
I put the applesauce away.
10:30 started thinking, JUST THINKING about popcorn and finishing that applesauce. NOPE!
12:30am..still nothing to eat. Smiled to myself. NOPE, still NOT hungry. And, I think I will live thru the night if I don't eat! So I didn't eat!
Oh, baby steps!! But, I'll take it as a win WIN!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

:ymparty: Yeah :ymparty: I am going to make that pesto sauce for my salmon ala Zesti! When I decided not to let the devil use the scales to discourage me, I also decided I am going to learn from my mistakes. I don't need to fear hunger. It is my body telling me I can enjoy the food I have planned to eat. No guilt, no shame, just me being good to myself. LDL is Livin' da Life and life is good.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

:D :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymparty: YOU GO GIRL!!! Good job!!!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

Thank you LP..I do love it when a plan comes together.. :ymhug:

I posted my "adventure" with the new Italian restaurant yesterday and lost the whole thing! My computer froze.
It really messed up my day! It's such a habit now to start my day on this thing, that when I wasn't able to complete my post. I felt as though I was forgetting to do something all day..

Day Before Yesterdays Eats:
7:15 coffee w/coconut milk - planning for the days adventures outside the house.
2:00 - L - steamed chic pot. 2 breast, topped with - celery, carrots, egg plant, 1 can drained plum tomatoes and cumin. Readied a smoothie for coming home..1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup carrots, 2 small apples, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup pineapple chunks, 1/8 cup of pineapple just..this made about 30 oz's. Covered my smoothie glass to be ready to go when I came home..

I ate as much as I could! Pre-planning for the party I had to go to before dinner. party:
5:00 - They kept hot pizza coming,popcorn, peanuts and an open bar...I didn't eat anything...open bar! well, let's just say. I did stick with my Ciroc, on the rocks, no juice or soda. I was so busy greeting old friends, I didn't even much or nibble on the popcorn or peanuts...YEAH!

8:pm - went to dinner with friends, met new friends. Ate like we were King and Queens. All FRESH ingredients. I didn't even eat the bread the brushetta was on..YEAH! Others, ate their pizza's. I ordered a beautiful spinach salad. Not eating the pizza didn't not bother me at all.
A small cannoli - with traditional Italian lemon after dinner drink. This is home made and is not sold in friends restaurant. It was a honor and respect thing, a little goes a long way. I was done. No craving afterwards.
A wonderful day.
Pre-planning is such a MUST DO for me for events/days like these. No more of "just this once" or "I'll start all over tomorrow". LDL all the way! YEAH!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Thank you LP..I do love it when a plan comes together.. :ymhug:

I posted my "adventure" with the new Italian restaurant yesterday and lost the whole thing! My computer froze.
It really messed up my day! It's such a habit now to start my day on this thing, that when I wasn't able to complete my post. I felt as though I was forgetting to do something all day..

Day Before Yesterdays Eats:
7:15 coffee w/coconut milk - planning for the days adventures outside the house.
2:00 - L - steamed chic pot. 2 breast, topped with - celery, carrots, egg plant, 1 can drained plum tomatoes and cumin. Readied a smoothie for coming home..1 cup pumpkin, 1 cup carrots, 2 small apples, 1/2 frozen banana, 1/4 cup pineapple chunks, 1/8 cup of pineapple just..this made about 30 oz's. Covered my smoothie glass to be ready to go when I came home..

I ate as much as I could! Pre-planning for the party I had to go to before dinner. party:
5:00 - They kept hot pizza coming,popcorn, peanuts and an open bar...I didn't eat anything...open bar! well, let's just say. I did stick with my Ciroc, on the rocks, no juice or soda. I was so busy greeting old friends, I didn't even much or nibble on the popcorn or peanuts...YEAH!

8:pm - went to dinner with friends, met new friends. Ate like we were King and Queens. All FRESH ingredients. I didn't even eat the bread the brushetta was on..YEAH! Others, ate their pizza's. I ordered a beautiful spinach salad. Not eating the pizza didn't not bother me at all.
A small cannoli - with traditional Italian lemon after dinner drink. This is home made and is not sold in friends restaurant. It was a honor and respect thing, a little goes a long way. I was done. No craving afterwards.
A wonderful day.
Pre-planning is such a MUST DO for me for events/days like these. No more of "just this once" or "I'll start all over tomorrow". LDL all the way! YEAH!!
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Yesterday Eats:
8:15 still feeling good about yesterday...coffee w/coconut milk.

1:00 -Appetizer - one egg plant rollatini. Finished chicken pot..this has to be one of my favorites. Although I finished all the chicken in it yesterday. Today, I added more butter beans. The egg plant just holds up so well. BIG CHUNKS! YUMMY!
Topped corn thins with humus I made and my take home of spinach salad from yesterday. YUMMY! YUMMY

4:00 - 8oz smoothie I made the day before.

8:00 - bowl of popcorn with big smoothie, finished from day before. DONE!
I LOVE LEFT OVERS!