Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Zesti's Daily Adventures w/ Journaling

Post by Zesti »

Yesterday Eats:
8:15 still feeling good about yesterday...coffee w/coconut milk.

1:00 -Appetizer - one egg plant rollatini. Finished chicken pot..this has to be one of my favorites. Although I finished all the chicken in it yesterday. Today, I added more butter beans. The egg plant just holds up so well. BIG CHUNKS! YUMMY!
Topped corn thins with humus I made and my take home of spinach salad from yesterday. YUMMY! YUMMY

4:00 - 8oz smoothie I made the day before.

8:00 - bowl of popcorn with big smoothie, finished from day before. DONE!
I LOVE LEFT OVERS!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Girl you are doing GREAT!!!!!! :D I'm so happy to hear that you've found a happy place in LDL! WOOT!

Love you to little bitty bits and pieces. hehe

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I so appreciate your input in overcoming mindless eating.
Tonight I fixed some brocolli, cauliflower and okra with chopped up leftover chicken.
I made a huge pan of it but served myself my usual small bowl. When the usual craving for something sweet hit me, i realized I have not been eating till full always saving room for desert. So I ate 2 more bowls. I now feel really full. Still would enjoy desert but it is easier now to resist.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Thank you Ladies for chiming in. I so appreciate your comments.
Linda, I am doing well with the 12/12. Fasting 12 hours, eat 12 hours etc. When you suggested it earlier on. I did a little research and thought I'd give it a try. It's working for me. I don't push myself to eat in the mornings anymore. I eat my big protein at lunch along with lots of veggies and a regular serving size of fresh fruit. Later on, about 7ish. I will start thinking about food. I have a mug full of bean or veggie soup. Just a mug full does the trick now.
I feared I would want to eat so bad later on at night, that I would just sabotage myself with mindless eating. That just had to stop for me.
Now, I look forward to having my popcorn around 8:30 and know now that this is it! NO MORE eating.
A certain time of month the craving for sweets starts to creep in and I know it's coming big time. So, I make sure to have my popcorn along with a really sweet smoothie or just fresh fruit, if I have that in the house. Frozen grapes and pineapple really seem to do the trick for me, with added frozen banana pieces. That is really, REALLY sweet to me now. I keep that mixture in my freezer at all times, as a "safety net"..
When I "need" to binge. It's with a bowl(s) of corn or butter beans. Those tricks of the LDL trade, really work for me. Even at night when I don't want popcorn ( which is unusual for me) I 'll have a bowl of big red kidney beans next to me and "pop" those in while watching TV. I love em' cold. My alarm clock will still go off at 9 as a reminder!
I am still eating a lot of food at lunch though. Still about 12-16 oz's of protein, mostly chicken. It's my choice. I haven't changed that nor have I wanted to change it. A little while ago, I noticed even after eating that big lunch I only went 2 hours before I wanted to eat "full" again.
Now, that two hours is turning into 4. That's the 7ish hour. I consider this a "snack" for me but, that is all that is needed and not 24 more trips to the fridge to figure out what it is I want to eat.
Mary's Chicapea Soup has been such a blessing to me. I think and thank Mary everyday!!

Yesterday's Eat:
7:15-B- coffee w/coconut milk
1:30- "Chicapea Stew".. Added corn, radishes, chicken and cumin. Nice and thick, with 3 corn thins w/evoo on top. small apple
6:30 - mug of soup - last of the chicapea soup-- :(( :((
8:30- popcorn w/evoo and pineapple chunks. DONE!
Midnight - i-)
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

hi folks,
I am guessing this might be ok. I take two cans of beets and puree them up in the blender juice and beets. If it is way to thick I add a little water. Some folks use lemon juice. When my son and I need a little snack around 3pm this is what we like He likes a spoon of sour cream in his. I tried the sour cream to taste and it is good but I stay away from that. I leave it thick and we eat with a spoon.
judie
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

When beets go on sale. I roast mine, and then blend and thin with chic broth or water. If fresh aren't available. I do the same thing you do. Can just says beets and water, nothing else. I don't use the SC either. I think this is what my DH Mother used to call Borst. I eat it hot, and love it cold too.
For some, beets might make them crave sweets. Not me. So, I beets when ever I want.
Zesti.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

We are gonna try it hot see if we like it. My doggie loves it to she begs for it when we are having it. LOL
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I love beets! :D I don't want to grind them up though. I want to roast them like you Zesti. I think it's a texture thing with me. I'm like that with a couple of other foods too. LOL!

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

LP - I wish I had some kind of problem other than EATING to much of the "bad" things, when it comes to food. Only thing I don't like is okra AND that is all about texture with me!
In winter, I like to cozy up to a big warm mug of something. So, way back, I started to grind everything up and put it my mug. I just call everything "soup". I laugh at charts with the amounts of veggies we SHOULD be eating. Mine have always been 10x 10 over those.. ;)

Snowbirdie - :)) ya gotta love a pouch that loves beets!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I'm with LP I love my beets pickled, sliced or roasted on or off a salad. I'm also like Zesti. I always liked a lot of fruits, veggies and beans, but now with LDL, I perfer them. I still have a problem eating out because they put sauces and dressing/dips on all the healthy foods. You never know what you are getting in your food and that includes bacteria as well! :ymsick: What an adventure this life with God and LDL is. Ciao.
Last edited by omalani on April 4th, 2014, 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
snowbirdie
Master Member

Post by snowbirdie »

I think i will try some other veg pureed cause beets are so good. Going to the dollar store and stock up on beets as they are usually 79 cents a can. But maybe I should check our Menards as sometimes they have canned goods 59. a can. Gonna look for fresh beets too cause i like the tops . Someday the snow will be gone and i can plant some beets in my garden. Yes both dogs like beets the chihuahua and the corgi. Only thing they pee red-purple like a beet. LOL Talk to u later
judie
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

No matter where we go or what we do. I am always glad to be back home! We had a wonderful time "cabamping". The chicken fricassee was a great hit with everyone. I felt really good as my new Puerto Rican friend couldn't believe I did it all from scratch. She buys the pre-made frozen Safrito and uses the Goya Sa'zon, which has MSG in it. Making Sa'zon from scratch is so easy as I had all the ingredients in my spice cupboard. I still have plenty left for a few more batches. DH loved it, so I think I will now use it with the pork sirloin roast I have.
My eating could have been a little better..hmmm..ok...A LOT better! BUT! we did a 7 mile bike ride and danced the Salsa and Marenga (sp) for hours. So that technically washes those calories away, doesn't it....LOL..A real good work out on my back that's for sure! But, it has encouraged me to keep the momentum going.
Now it's on to making more of the Chickpea Soup. I am already craving it. Can't get enough of it.
Looking forward to our train ride to Alexandria, DC and doing the walking, unless I am blessed..oops I mean WE are blessed with rain..and lots of it with hurricane winds. That's about the only thing that keeps my DH indoors.

Today:
7:30 - coffee with unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch is pork loin chops and sauerkraut with a veggie on the side while my beans are cooking!! Back on my 12/12 track and still on the skinny bound train.....

While grabbing ice from the freezer to put in the cooler. I had a fresh head of cauliflower in my hand. Well, some how I put that down, in the freezer, got the ice and left it sitting there on the freezer shelf..Two days later. I discovered what I did.....
So, I think a soup with cauliflower is in order. Now, might be a good time to make a pizza crust too!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am staying with my daughter, my husband was served the divorce papers and he is very angry with me. I am sorry it had to come to this but I have been trying to save this marriage for several years and he wasn't interested it compromising. I no longer have refuge in my own home and it has become a den of iniquity. I feel badly but I don't condone his lifestyle and he continues to make poor choices and I won't live this way any more. I stopped at the Mexican market for lunch and ordered chicken grilled with onions and peppers. I had lettuce, onion and tomato instead of rice and beans. (the beans are cooked with lard) It was great!! Then I applied for my passport, which I will get in about 4 weeks. We leave for Alaska on June 8th. (my SIL and grandkids) We will drive up the Al/Can Hwy. to Anchorage, where she will be stationed. We will be going through Vancouver BC which I have always wanted to see. My grandparents were from Canada, but the other side, Ontario. I went to the doctor and my labs were great! My weight was down 1 lb. but I can live with that just not up. Life is good and getting better.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Zesti, are you missing in action? I feel like that scene in Titanic where Rose is clinging to life and blowing whistle and saying, "come back" I am trying to stay afloat myself and packing day is coming, yet there is so much food left in the fridge. I am carrying a lot of baggage and trying to clear away the wreckage of the past, while entertaining some fear of the future. I've been here before though and I made it so I know I will survive. I am making this commitment to myself and God. I will crawl out of this hole of self pity and start being good to myself!! We can do it girl friend. Life is inviting us to join in and receive salvation and live abundantly. We can do it one day at a time.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Zesti I'm with Omi! Where are you girlfriend? I saw your journal on my unread posts page and I was like WOOO HOOO she's posting! :D MISS YOU!!! *HUGS*

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Zesti »

Ok. This thing has been so slow. Must be for everyone as I see all the repeat post...Yesterday I wrote it all down and was accountable. Then lost it all and then my computer froze. Well, I tried..
Did really well until late night. Today, I am making pots of beans and get all set up to get back in the swing of things.
One minute at a time..
Gosh, I miss my beans
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Keep on going! I bought Chinese food last night and everyone had gone out to dinner before I returned from prayer meeting. So I ate too much, I should never have bought more food!! I bought it to go with the veggie spring rolls I bought at the $ store. I just don't think things through sometimes! We will be eating out on the trip, but maybe that will work out for me because I won't have leftovers tempting me. Life is crazy sometimes but God never leaves us or forsakes us.
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

When I do Chineese I order off the "diet menu". It's steamed chicken and broccoli. I love it. I can also get it with all the mixed Chineese veggies. I order it now without thinking. No MSG, no salt, no nutten, just the steaming. They do all the work and bring it to my door. Can't beat that!

Up - 8am - coffee w/creamer
10:am oatmeal with apples.
Lunch will be turkey and veggies
Dinner cabbage soup in turkey broth, with more added veggies,
Late night - fruit..

I started doing the oatmeal thing about 3 weeks ago. Oatmeal made with water. I make about 6 bowls, cover with plastic and refrigerate. Later I add any fresh fruit I want and then microwave. I love the stuff.
I don't think about eating until around 3 or 4, still making this my big protein meal.
Since I am having the oatmeal, I am going to try and stay away from the popcorn, eat just soup and fruit or a salad if I want something later. I am sure it will be lots and LOTS of fruit. The sugar cravings are back, but I am prepared for that. Although, they aren't as bad as what the used to be and this time I really feel the Hope! I will be able to knock the cravings out all together sooner than later.
I am off to the store. I will buy the organic steel cut oatmeal this time and see how that goes.
My main goal this month is to stop eating after 8pm PERIOD! Before all the company arrived. I did it for 4 nights in a row without a problem. Oh! that darn company!! Family!!...lol..
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The steel cut oats are so good but they do take a while to cook.
I have heard some put them in a small crockpot to slow cook overnight.
You could refrigerate and freeze in small containers for quick warm ups.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Thanks Linda,
I am cooking Old Fashion Oatmeal now, I don't cook it as long as the directions say, nor use as much water. But, that's how I like it, just plain, no milk or butter, just a chopped up fresh fruit and zapped in the microwave to warm up. I am good with cooking big pots of stuff, I have the time and enjoy it. I love being stocked and prepared for days ahead. I am going to make a pot of apples and cinnamon now, just to add to my oatmeal.

Yesterday's True Tally:
rising 8am. coffee w/creamer
10am - oatmeal with apples.
12- 3:30 - hair cut and grocery shopping.
4pm - lunch- turkey with veggies, cantelope

7pm, TINY ice cream sandwich!! made from coconut milk, 100 calories, then had a grapefruit, and few minutes later an orange. That did it..should have just had the GF and Orange first..

9pm- veggie salad - red lett, ice burg lett, mushrooms, tomato, cilantro, with apricot balsamic vinegar dressing.

1am- bed time.