New to this board and way of eating - need this simplified

New to Let's Do Lunch? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions....
FLkitkat

New to this board and way of eating - need this simplified

Post by FLkitkat »

Hi everyone,

I need help with this way of eating I am really confused I need a super simple way of what to eat for Breakfast; lunch and Dinner and perhaps a few snacks.

I have the red book and have not finished the entire book nor have I read it 3 times as mentioned but I want to start so can someone just tell me what I can eat at breakfast, lunch and dinner and snacks to get me started as I read through the book. Im confused about the switching lunch with dinner part too.

Can someone dumb is down for me?

Also can i eat dry roasted corn as a snack?

I need to lose 20 lbs in 2 months so I need all the input you can give me....I really appreciate your answers
omalani
Master Member

Re: New to this board and way of eating - need this simplifi

Post by omalani »

9/22/16
Look ahead in the book. Breakfast: smoothies or lean protein and fruit. Lunch: Protein, veggie, salad and possibly fruit for dessert. Dinner: Soup and salad or smoothie and popcorn
Eat your big meal at lunch and a light dinner.
Do as Roger says and see your doctor first, then eat till you are full. If you crave bread eat beans as part or all of your protein. If you crave sweets eat fresh raw fruits with no added sugar. Remember that fruits are high in fruit sugar. Fill up on veggies. Be careful when it comes to salad dressing. Lemon and olive oil is my fav, with a little sea salt.
You have to listen to your body. This is a way of eating, not a crash diet. Cutting out the wheat, starches and sugar will help to eliminate the belly fat. 20 lb./2months is a lot to lose. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

chewy

Post by chewy »

i like to keep it simple as i am a vegan
B: fruit and black coffee
L:huge salad and beans-usually chickpeas as they are my favourite
D: steamed vegetables,salad and air popped popcorn/corn thins
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Thanks Chewy. I need to do that. I am glad the soup weather is back, and time for hot pumpkin smoothies. I made some pea salad. I like to put a scoop of that on my salad. Peas are sweet but packed with fiber and protein. I may have to cut out the vegan meats because they are processed and I am complicating things. It also keeps me craving meat. Life is an adventure. :ymhug: Embrace it.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

chewy

Post by chewy »

hi omalani! hope you have a blessed wednesday!
i love green peas too-i put them on to of mixed salads with my chickpeas-so tasty !
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/7/16
Just finished some refried beans and an egg. I had an apple as well. I am full and satisfied. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

10/10/16
I am going to try your plan Chewy, because I think all the meat substitutes are making me crazy!! Going to have popcorn and smoothie for brkt this morning. Keeping life simple today.
Aloha,
Leilani

mtngirl

Post by mtngirl »

My local deli has a huge bowl of fresh corn salad in their case. Cooked corn cut from the cob, chopped red bell pepper, red onions, something green (parsley, basil?) and a perfect vinaigrette dressing. A large spoonful of that on salad greens is wonderful. Black eyed pea salad sometimes called Texas caviar is also a good topper for salads. Sometimes when I go through a salad bar in a restaurant and the slaw looks good, I will put a spoonful of slaw on top of my salad as a dressing.