Omalani's excellent adventure

Each member may create a new topic with his or her name on it, to track their daily food intake.
omalani
Master Member

Re: Omalani's excellent adventure

Post by omalani »

Oct. menus:
10/10/16
B. Berry smoothie and popcorn
L. Large salad and raw veggies with garbanzo beans & lemon/EVOO drsg.
D. Pumpkin smoothie and popcorn
10/11 Fast day for Power Hour
D. Hot pumpkin smoothie and popcorn, carrots with veggie dip, rye thin with veggie chicken
10/12
B. Cherry yogurt
L. Shirtaki noodles with Spaghetti sauce
D. Bean and cabbage enchilada, salad with lite ranch
10/13
B. Green kale smoothie
L. Soup and popcorn
D. Soup and fruit
10/14
B. Fruit and chai tea
L. Salad with garbanzo beans and ranch drsg.
D. Fruit plate
Last edited by omalani on October 12th, 2016, 10:30 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/23/16
Today is a very special day. I have had some strongholds and barriers of sin in my life that will be broken down! I have been fasting since yesterday and praying. I have had some not so nice insights about myself. I have been using excuses to avoid the changes I need to make in my life. For a long time it has been what I put into my mouth, but Yesterday the spirit impressed me about the things that come out of my mouth. I have been complaining about hurts and insults and venting my feelings to some close friends, but what it amounts to is gossip and enrolling people to my side of the story. Even though I speak the truth, it is not always kind or necessary. I was angry and said hurtful things and although I didn't eat over it initially, Last night after dinner I went on a fruit binge. I may have to buy fruit a few pieces at a time, because if I have 4 peaches, I will eat them all. Tonight at prayer meeting I will be asking God to bless me and my partner to do Bible work in our community. I will set up some group study nights as well. I will be doing some cooking classes. I plan to get some teachers who are willing to talk about money matters and how to save on food, clothing and household expenses. Our church is in a poverty pocket and people suffer because of lack of knowledge. This is definitely out of my comfort zone, so much prayer will be needed. Life requires stepping out in faith and here I go.
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/26/16
Weight is slowly going down. I think I am going to have to eat smaller amount, if I want to break the 200lb. barrier. I have not lost hope. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/28/16
This board is like a ghost town. Is there anyone out there? I am on nearly everyday, to write or revise my menu. I am enjoying the summer fruits and veggies. Anyone have a good LDL zucchini recipe? Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I just like to saute zucchini and yellow squash with onions and peppers and some fresh diced tomatoes. A touch of bacon fat and some bacon crumbles add flavor.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/30/16
Fasting and praying today at Power Hour, for strength and courage to share my witness with others. God is so good, all the time. I know many are suffering but I encourage you to turn all your problems over to Him. God is too wise to make a mistake and too loving to ever harm you. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

8/31/16
I can't believe that tomorrow is September! Where does the time go? I broke the 230 lbs. yesterday, now in the 20's! I am eating smaller meals and cutting down on fruit. I rarely eat meat usually when I visit other people. I made some mock chicken Alfredo yesterday and had some leftovers today. It was pretty cheesy and made the sauce with leftover cream cheese someone gave me. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/24/16
Yesterday was my oldest daughter's birthday. She called to wish me happy "labor" day and I wasn't thinking of childbirth. I called her later to tell her I finally got the joke. Last night I went to a football game with Myasia and we left after half time. I love to see the marching band but hate the game. I know of too many people who have suffered from injuries they got playing this game. Bet you are wondering why I still drive a car?? I continue to have hope and am eating only 3 meals and cutting out the snacks that I eat between meals when I am not hungry! If I am hungry I wait a little and if it persists I will eat fruit or veggies in a small amount. I am also limiting portion size, and waiting before indulging in 2nd helpings. Life is good.
Last edited by omalani on September 27th, 2016, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

If you can stick to this plan for a few weeks, it will work for you. Body needs time to reset and after just a few days the enemy will temp you with, "jusy this once won't hurt." This is where I get derailed. It was so much easier when it was just the 2 of us and hubby was committed and determinded.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/27/16
I have been fasting and praying today and will leave for Power Hour soon. Today I have been sleepy and having chills. The weather is turning cool but is in the high 70's. I slept well last night but feeling tired at 2pm. I took an hour nap this afternoon, but still feeling cold. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Time to start loading up on Vitamin D3
Linda

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

9/28/16
Where does the time go? You are right Linda and time for a flu shot too! Winter is coming upon us. I stopped at What a burger and ordered a garden salad. My grandson works there and I can see him more but will have to quit the fries! I was raised by North Dakota farmers in Calif. and my father was a meat and potato man. Now that I am going meatless, I am craving the potatoes. I will have to get some butter beans to make up for the taters. Good thing is, it's time for hot pumpkin smoothies and I can now have my TVP oatmeal. I feel better this morning and I need to pay my bills, I am a day late for the Walmart bill, hope they don't charge me interest! Life in the fast lanes?
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/9/16
The election is over, but the name calling and fear continue. I need to focus on my relationship with God and make better choices for my health. I am going off Facebook for a month and will try to journal more. I am suffering compassion fatigue and am trying to remember to set time aside for prayer and taking care of myself. Life is difficult at times but the secret is to put God first.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/10/16
I am feeling great this morning. Yesterday I exercised at the YMCA, then came home and had an LDL lunch with Beans and vegan cheese, and 2 tortillas. I ate fruit in abundance. I completed my continuing education and will get my certificate at the library today and also renew my nursing license. I have been putting this off for a month. This morning I started my day with prayer and this is my first day off facebook. I am giving it up for a month and hopefully the political posts will no longer be an issue. I feel a burden has been lifted from me and I weigh less mentally. Life is new every morning because of the mercies of God.

Menu for today:
B. 2 eggs scrambled and salsa, an orange
L. Baked chili casserole with vegan cheese
D. Salad with beans and ranch drsg.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/11/16
I had a good day yesterday. I had some watermelon for a snack last nite. I also talked with 2 of my daughters and several good friends. I will do my menus for today and tomorrow.
today's menu.
B. 2 boiled eggs, butter and Baco bits
L. Veggie and bean soup, small salad
D. Watermelon and chickpea chips with hummus.
11/12
B. 2 boiled eggs and watermelon
L. After church potluck
D. Watermelon and salad
11/15
B. yogurt and fruit
L. Mixed salad plate with cauliflower potato salad, 4 bean marinated salad, and salad greens
D. Veggie stew
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/14/16 I arrived in Ankeny Iowa yesterday. I partially fasted en route. Today has been a cook daay. I am making a lot. I enjoy my grandkids. I am going to nap tonite. Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/25/16
Enjoying the Pacific Coast. I ate too much on Thanksgiving. The wheat and sugar go directly to my belly area. I needed a seat belt extender for the trip here by only an inch. I'm sure it will be more on the trip back. I am going to buy some fruit and go on a fruit and soup flush and also eat more beans. I will not gain the weight I lost back. With God's help I can gain control of my health. Please join me all you backsliders and post some of your victories over an unhealthy lifestyle. Let's encourage one another. Life is best when shared with friends who understand your struggles.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/26/16
It is raining today. Calif. always needs water but it's disappointing to golfers who pay $400+ per person to play. They only close down when there is lightning. I made another cranberry salad with less sugar in it. It turned out well. We ate out at an Indian restaurant lst nite. The food was good, the setting and music and the company inspiring with Tyler and Sam, Gina and me. Sam looks so cute with her baby bump. Life is dreamy.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/28/16
Today I am starting fresh and am eating clean. I have been feeling the aches and pains that come from eating wheat again.
Aloha,
Leilani

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

11/29/16
Today is the anniversary of my birthday. We celebrated last night and of course there was dessert and chocolate. Even though I had burger and fries with no bread, I ended up with shared dessert that wasn't that good. My granddaughter and her husband are coming over this morning to take me to breakfast. Life is a party with God, cause "that's where the party's at" I am l learning from the book of Job that obeying God is the right thing to do even when appearances of evil seem to cloud the atmosphere.
Aloha,
Leilani