Big Bens progress report

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
BigBen

Big Bens progress report

Post by BigBen »

So i started this around the middle of August & it's easier all the time now.  I was scared at first cuz I never cooked before except putting frozen waffles in the toaster.ha ha.  All U nice folks in here have helped me get to where I am today.  I still have loads to loose but I jumped on the scale and it says i lost 20 pounds now which i think is really great cuz i Never lost 20 pounds before in my life, I just got bigger or stayed the same.  Miss Niki is right about the beans helping.  The days i dont' eat beans I start wanting to eat more snacks so I grab a can of beans & eat them straight away!  I can't believe I already lost 20 pounds.  And one more thing Miss nykath I also started walking some so thanks for the encouredgement. 

I'm BB which is for BigBen but also what Miss NJ calls me Brother Bean and what Miss Debbie calls me Buff ben!  1 day I'll be Buff ben, U will see.
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: Big Bens progress report

Post by robnveronica »

YEA! YEA! YEA! Big BUFF Ben! You're making that scale behave and go the CORRECT direction! You can't know how proud I am of you and how glad I am to see you've stuck with us! And you've started walking ?!?!! That's even better! Now just watch that old you melt away to show what GOD intended for you to really be! I can't wait to see your picture on the boards one of these days!
Sister in Christ
Veronica
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

OHHH BUFF IM SO PROUD OF YOU...THAT IS SOOOO AWESOME 20LBS IS A FABULOUS WEIGHT LOSS!!!!  I was just saying to Tress that I was sad cause you and gregg and joe and shane, andrew seem to be posting less and less.  Im so glad you are still working so successfully towards your goal.  The lord has brought us all together through Roger and Lets Do Lunch and it has become such a blessing to me.  Isnt it wonderful to know what to eat now to stop the empty hungry feeling inside your belly.  If I have a ruff day I just make sure to have a REALLY BIG LUNCH the next day and somehow it starts me feeling more in control.  I love when I can just have smoothie or popcorn or small bowl of bean soup for dinner.  I get such a good nights sleep when my stomach doesnt have to stay up all night working to digest my dinner. I pray that we all here can stay true to this journey we are on and make really good choices for ourselves througout the upcoming holidays.
Love and God bless
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

to me,you already are buffben....
  that is SO wonderful,ben...i'm so happy for you....
  it IS amazing what a difference the beans make...i really can't go ONE DAY without them...
  it never ceases to amaze me how wonderful it is to eat this way...you're doing GREAT...i love to hear what you're cooking....keep up the good work..................sincerely,niki
TNangela

Post by TNangela »

WAY TO GO Ben....I am so glad to hear an update......you are such an encouragement to other young men who need to get buff!
God Bless,
ANG
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey, Buff Ben!! Whoo-hoo on the pounds lost! You've made us all SO happy and proud of you!! Great results there!!  Hope you get the same reaction when your family sees you next week. Keep it keepin' on, Ben! You can do it!! :)  ....nyKath
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Ben!!!!

I was thinking about you on my way home today and wondering how you were doing.  And now I see you are doing WONDERFULLY!!!  I am so happy for you and continue to be just so proud of you!

I know that your work schedule is really busy, but I hope that you will be able to come back more than you have been lately.  I know I'm not the only one that misses you!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Ben,

Congratulations!!!  20 pounds!! YAYYYYYY!!!!  Thank you for sharing your success.  You're doing GRRRRRREEEAAATT!!!!!!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Buff Bean Iron Chef Ben - my brother way to go !! 20 pounds gone !! Praise the Lord !! Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Just wanted to chime in and say that your weight loss is inspiring and I enjoy your posts......they are inspiring too.  Congratulations Ben!

mrsj
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

Hi.  Big Buff Brother Bean Ben alias Iron Chef benny checking in.  Thx for all the nice replys.  I will try 2 get in here more often Miss Queenie.  Some days i just can't think of anything 2 say that anyone would wanna hear about.  I never even had my own smoothie disaster. ha ha.  I M worried that my kin will try 2 make me eat bad stuff at Thanksgiving but my plan is I'll bring a couple a recipes with me & also  bring popcorn so at night when they get to snacking I won't let it bring me down.  I will be there 4 days.

BB
niki

Post by niki »

and if you fall by the wayside,you'll pick yourself back up and start again..but bringing a couple of recipes AND some popcorn sounds like a great idea.....
  hey ben,i'm always so happy to see you post.....niki
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hi Ben! Just get it in your head that you're on a plan for your continued and future health, not just to lose weight. Use that as a mantra to say over and over to yourself when faced with something that you know will not do your body or self esteem any good! ....And while we do have many and abundant blessings to be thankful for, it's being with family that's most important. Good as the food is, it's just food. It's the people making the memories that should hold the most importance any time we get together....I read something recently that said when you're being confronted by whatever demon is in front of you - fried food, cookies, pasta, etc. - just remember that you've had them before, you KNOW what they taste like, they WERE tasty at one time, but they won't do you any good once they're in your mouth and belly. You've been there, done that; time to change the channel. ...don't let anyone force you in to eating anything when they say 'oh you must try this, just a taste, Aunt ___'s feelings will be so hurt if you don't. " Well, tell Aunt ___ that if she really wants you to be around for a couple more years, she won't feel so bad when you turn down whatever she's offering because right now, you're choosing not to eat it. You still love the baker or the cook, and you love that they want to share their love with you in the form of food, but you don't have to eat what you know you shouldn't. You have the control and the power over what gets past your lips, Ben! Use your power and be strong. It's YOUR body and YOUR weight that you have to live with. Don't mess up a good thing by being weak in a weak moment. ....Keep taking walks when you're away - bring a few family members with you! - and offer to make a few soups while you're there to show them what a good thing you have going on.... I'll be pulling for you, Ben.... and DON'T weigh yourself when you get home as the numbers won't reflect a true weight gain, but they may show lots of sodium intake and water retention. Wait until your normal weigh-in to do so and you'll be in a much better place mentally. Wishing you success on this food-challenged holiday, Ben! You can do it. We ALL can!! :) .....NYKath
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hey Ben...that's GREAT that you already have a game plan in place for the holiday! Don't forget when they're trying to get you to eat something you don't want tell them "I can't have that. I'm really working hard to get my blood sugars stabilized!" or, "I'm really not that hungry right now (which will be true!) so I think I'm going to have to pass!"
You can do this! We love our Iron Chef Big Buff Bean of a Ben!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

robnveronica wrote:We love our Iron Chef Big Buff Bean of a Ben!

wow, ben...NOONE has a name as long as yours.....niki