3 Months; 40 pounds!

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
cburklow

3 Months; 40 pounds!

Post by cburklow »

This has been unbelievable!  In 3 months, I have lost 40 pounds.  This has been a joy!  I do not have craving very often.  ;D I never knew I liked fruit as much as I do.  I never knew that fruit could alter my cravings.  I am really learning a lot and am satisfied.  I have a friend that has been on weight watchers for 10 months and I passed her in weight loss.  Now, I know losing the weight is one thing and keeping it off is another.  I know when I choose to take a day or 2 off LDL, it is easy to get back to it and I'm glad to do so.  I think this one will stay with me!  Thank God and thank you, Roger.
Last edited by Anonymous on November 21st, 2006, 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: 3 Months; 40 pounds!

Post by Queenie »

cburklow,

That's FANTASTIC!!  I'm glad you came on-line to let us know about your success!  I hope that you will continue to post, whether it is a success story, or just every day talk...

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
rollingpat
New, but learning

Post by rollingpat »

Holy Cow!
That sounds just great, gives me inspiration.  So glad to hear you jump off once in a while too..  I always feel guilty when I fall off the wagon occaisonally, but always climb back on the LDL way. 
I know I can...I know I can..
Pat
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

WOW!!! That's great! I also hope you'll come back to the boards often and chit chat!
Veronica
niki

Post by niki »

hi cburklow.....that's great results in 3 months...thank you for coming on the boards to share it with us...are you at your goal weight now?.......niki
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Cburklow,

Congrats on your fantastic weight loss!!!  I am so proud for you!  I am sure that everyone else in your family must be happy for you.  What a start to the holidays...40 pounds lighter...and a different wardrobe to choose from no doubt.

If you just keep keeping on...you will either lose more weight or stay where you arenow.  This is the simplest plan that I have ever found.  One that even my husband is enjoying...and he is a "meat and 'taters" guy!

I asked him the other day if we were coming out ahead on the grocery bill.  (We used to eat out 5 or 6 times per week and I wanted a comparison.)  He said, if he deducted the "stock-up" groceries we are ahead.  I know that he likes to raid the cupboard and when I would go looking for something for one of the recipes, it would not be there...the two-legged "honey-bear" had been in the cupboard.

We used to almost demolish a rotisserie chicken in one meal.  The last two times I've gotten one, we had three meals out of ONE chicken...and that was not making soup out of it either.  SO, both of us have cut our appetites...and that is good.

Have a blessed and wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Cburklow.

Sorry it's taken me so long to read this posting. CONGRATS on your results !! You're doing excellent. Keep up the great work.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

Congratulations Cburklow! Very exciting!
It is amazing how the fruit satisfies cravings.  It also amazes me how the beans, corn & peas satisfy.  Yummy foods that satisfy......Yay!
I look forward to continuing this journey with you.
mrsj
myfavoritenurse

Post by myfavoritenurse »

Congratulations!! that is fantastic.  I should call today inspiration day.  I have read more inspiring posts to day than i can ever recall.  Praise God from whom all blessing come.

Carol
Matthew 28:20b  "lo, I am with you always even until the end of the age."
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

AWESOME!!!!!!! you know what i thought of first THOU SHALT NOT COVET  ;)  no really I am very happy for you. ive been on 27 days and have lost 7 lbs with no exercise or cravings, id love to loose another 40. and think i can with this plan. praise God.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.