I hate to whhiiiine but......

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
christianjoy
New, but learning

I hate to whhiiiine but......

Post by christianjoy »

okay if we can have condaments like ketchup and bbq sauce and they have sugar in them why oh why cant we have nonfat creamer??!! i have found that it is really the only thing I just dont want to give up --- tho I have, i really miss it I would rather do with out the condaments -- hey! would that work? could i not have the others at all and still have my creamer??? the skim milk just dont do it for me.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
HarleyGrandma

Re: I hate to whhiiiine but......

Post by HarleyGrandma »

I still have 2 cups of coffee every morning with cofee mate lite, and it has not hindered my weight loss. 2 months almost 30 lbs!
I do not use condiments though.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi christianjoy,

I think this food plan is part miracle and part common sense.  You know, we've all been on so many diets in the past that have been SO STRICT that nobody could follow them for any length of time.

If you read your book again, you will see where Roger talks about his wife using creamer in her coffee.  It drives him crazy but she goes right ahead and does it.  LOL  I read many times that Roger says, "eat the least fattening that tastes good to YOU".  If you don't, you'll never stay on this plan for life. 

I had to make this decision when it comes to mayo.  I DETEST, almost HATE the lowfat, nofat mayos.  They taste TERRIBLE to me.  Plus, they have sugar in them.  So, for me personally, I eat the full on mayo.  The trick is, I never eat it more than once or twice a month and I ONLY use enough to make the chicken or egg salad stick together. 

I haven't had any milk, except for the milk used in cooking, on this food plan.  And I only had those items four times in 3 months.  I haven't found that it has hindered my weight loss.  So again, I would stress to you that you have to make this food plan work for you, remembering always to try your gut level best to follow it as closely as possible to what is outlined in the book.

So throw that GUILT away, add your creamer if you must and don't stress over it.  IF you find it halts or hinders your weight loss, then you will have to make a choice of losing or drinking the creamer.  Hopefully, you will be like HG and keep losing.

Good Luck to you and thanks for posting this concern!  ;D  We all have them from time to time and this is a GREAT place to get answers.  *Hugs* 

(In Faith)  Little Princess 
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Queenie »

Well, I can't say it any better than LP, but I will say that I continue to have two cups of coffee every day with Non Fat Half & Half.  I just can't drink skim milk in my coffee.... I have really tried.  I've even tried soy milk - just can't do it.

So I don't stress - I have my coffee.  I'm still losing, even though it may be more slowly than others. 

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

thanks alot guys.  iam going to allow myself my coffee....the way i like it. i HAVE gave up alot so think i deserve it.  i feel so good about it now . the thought of going thro winter without was really bumming me out. i am handeling everything else well tho. today is my 5th week and i have lost 9 lbs would love to lose 35 or 40 more. thanks again im going to try to relax and not me so legalistic.  God bless ya all.
p.s. 35 days purge free!!!!
praise God
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

christianjoy wrote: "35 days purge free!!!!"

That is GREAT news! Keep us posted!
NJ
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Christianjoy,

Praise the Lord for 35 days of freedom!!!  God is soooooooo good, isn't He!  I just believe that you are really beginning to feel much better too.

We are soooooo proud of what you have accomplished with God's help.  Keep on keeping on...one day at a time...and you will have thousands of days of freedom to report.

Just wanted to CONGRATULATE you on your lastest accomplishment!

God bless!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Hi Jeanne,
So happy to hear your report and Praise God for your 35 days of FREEDOM!! How awesome.  I'm sure you're pleased too.
Each of us has to figure out what things work for us and what doesn't.  I am beginning to think in my case that maybe the reason I hit a plateau was because I started drinking coffee again but added the sugar-free creamer.  My daughter just pointed out to me (READ THE LABELS MOM) that even though it said SUGAR-FREE it had cane syrup in it and one other sweetner.  I hadn't bothered to read that.  So I'm trying to drink it with my splenda and a SMALL amt of pure vanilla extract to give me the flavor I wanted.  I know today I finally broke thru the plateau of 13# and finally hit 15# for the 1st time.  I'm sure it will fluctuate again.  But at least it went down finally.  And she also noted that at the 13# I had 'almost' lost 10% of my body weight.  Now at 15 I have!  Anyhow, continue with what you're doing, it's WORKING 4 U!!  God Bless and have a very Merry Christmas.
niki

Post by niki »

hey queen mum...i think it's great that you and princess veronica can bounce ideas around...you guys are so blessed...
  and speaking from my own experience and from what i've read here,EVERYONE hits a plateau(although the creamer with sugar in it wasn't a good idea.....GOOD THING you had pv to remind you to check the ingredients)most people initially lose a nice amount of weight in the beginning which i attribute partly to the release of fluid from the absence of sugars and unhealthy carbs...then depending on how much weight you're trying to lose,you start to lose at a particular rate hitting a couple of plateaus along the way.....the plateaus don't matter because when you DO start showing a loss,you'll go down a few pounds...you don't STOP losing...again i think that that's the body holding onto fluid in rebellion to being made to lose fat...
  AND because of your height,15 is a GREAT loss...keep up the good work(nice going princess veronica...the queen mum is proud of you and i think you're great).....niki
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Yes, even the Queen Mum needs reminders from her Princess daughter.  It's easy to take for granted things and not really check those ingredients labels.  But we are both eating so differently now.  I had been out shopping after church on Sunday.  It was getting late in the afternoon, I was hungry and getting a headache.  I thought about stopping at McD's and getting a chicken salad, but then thought why bother. You have stuff at home.  So I headed for home.  Opened a bag of coleslaw mix, added some turkey and beans and little lo-cal dressing.  I was about to sit down to eat it when Princess Veronica and my three lovely granddaughters came to do some laundry.  They brought their lunch and Princess Veronica had done very well choosing also. Cracked me up to see her youngest (5yr old Hannah) eating a salad and dipping her fork just barely into the dressing and then stabbing her lettuce or meat!  She is so petite and looks like she will have no problem staying that way, learning already to eat healthy.  Who knows, maybe  she will    be the one to wear grandma's wedding dress.  I only weighed 83# when I got married!! 
niki

Post by niki »

83 pounds.....THAT MUCH,HUH?..............haha.....niki
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

That was back in 1965!  And back then they had very few petite clothes.  thank goodness my mom was an excellent seamstress (her talents passed me by).  She could make her own patterns and make me the cutest outfits.  When it came time for my wedding mom was wheelchair bound and I don't think she would have ever considered making the wedding gown.  But what joke going out to try dresses on!  Here's this barely 4'10", eighty three pounder trying on size 8 & 10 dresses.  I was ECSTATIC when I found a store that had a size FOUR!  And it was exactly what I had drempt about, very full.  I'll never forget the saleslady trying to talk me out of trying it on.  She said it was too full and would swallow me up!  But I was stubborn and I won out!  Then everyone said I looked like one of the dolls everyone had back then that you set on your bed!  And even then the dress still had to be made smaller!  I'll never be THAT SMALL again, nor do I think I'd look healthy if I did.  Now I think the recommended weight for my age and height is 115-119.  I'm starting out with the higher weight as my goal and then we'll see where LDL leads me.
Last edited by Grammasuz on December 5th, 2006, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki

Post by niki »

you know,now that you bring this subject up,i'd like to say that i used to buy men's dungarees because the quality was so much nicer....and even in the 70s,even though i was about the size i am now,the really nice stuff was sized for juniors and didn't fit me.....it was embarrassing trying to squeeze into clothes making me feel fat when i really wasn't...i have a large frame...so where NOW i fit into 10s and 12s and can find clothes that i like that fit in misses sizes,then i couldn't.....i think it's REALLY nice these days that you can find most clothes for most people(something that wasn't really true not that long ago)......niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Christianjoy - 35 days!!!  AWESOME!!!  Like Jeanne said - "35 days of Freedom"... I can't tell you how much I look forward to hearing your success over this demon...

Suzie - 83 pounds??  I'm not sure I EVER weighed 83 pounds!  I'd love to see a picture of you in that dress...

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Congrats Christian Joy!!!
and yes Carolyn she was very tiny!! I think she had a 17 inch waist! The only thing from her wedding I got was her veil and garter! (And shortly after Hannah was born she threatened to Give the wedding dress to my girls to PLAY with!! I told her "All these years you've kept that dress...and NOW that you FINALLY have a granddaughter who MIGHT just be TINY ENOUGH to wear it you want to let them PLAY WITH IT!!! I don't THINK SO!!" Needless to say I won out on that one and it's still packed away!) And Miss Hannah banana is 5 yrs old, wears a 3-4 toddler in length and a 2-3 toddler in waist!!! So you see my reasoning on the dress for play issue!

Back on topic:
Christian Joy we are SOOOOOO proud of all you're accomplishing!! Just think of the positive role model you're going to be to others now!
Veronica
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

robnveronica wrote:Congrats Christian Joy!!!
and yes Carolyn she was very tiny!! I think she had a 17 inch waist! The only thing from her wedding I got was her veil and garter! (And shortly after Hannah was born she threatened to Give the wedding dress to my girls to PLAY with!! I told her "All these years you've kept that dress...and NOW that you FINALLY have a granddaughter who MIGHT just be TINY ENOUGH to wear it you want to let them PLAY WITH IT!!! I don't THINK SO!!" Needless to say I won out on that one and it's still packed away!) And Miss Hannah banana is 5 yrs old, wears a 3-4 toddler in length and a 2-3 toddler in waist!!! So you see my reasoning on the dress for play issue!

Back on topic:
Christian Joy we are SOOOOOO proud of all you're accomplishing!! Just think of the positive role model you're going to be to others now!
Veronica

Well it wasn't 17", closer to 20-21.  But by the time Hannah grows up and is married, she'll probably look at my dress and say I DON'T THINK SO!!  And all these years they could have played dress up.  Okay fellow members, what's the consensus here?  Should I get it out and let them enjoy dress up now?
Last edited by Grammasuz on December 6th, 2006, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Lurking, but never too far away :)....I say to keep the dress intact, but it really should be preserved by a service and kept in its box for safekeeping. Should the granddaughter not like it comes time for her own wedding, or it doesn't fit, she can have part of the dress made into the "loot bag" for during the reception and have a christening dress made from the rest of it. Some people do that with the train from their own wedding dressings. She should still be able to use the headpiece and just have new veiling attached to it should the original rot off by then. A bud of mine did that and it looked wonderful. Good luck with whatever you decide.... NYKath
niki

Post by niki »

i cast my vote with princess veronica.....i like to keep certain things for sentimental reasons...my mother's wedding dress? absolutely......those kids'll drag it around and play with it for how long?..a week? and then toss it aside..................niki   
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Suzie - My mom cut hers up for a Halloween Costume for my sister (when she was about 5)...  I kept mine and it is still gathering dust...

But look what my cousin did with my great-grandmother's wedding dress!!

Is that awesome, or what???

Carolyn

mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

My daughter did not wear my wedding dress.  It was a little too big for her but moreover she wanted a different style.  I do have a picture of her when she tried it on and that's enough for me.  My Mom has kept my wedding dress stored in her house and I told her to give it away after I saw how much stuff we had to get rid of when we moved.
My daughter definitely wants to hang onto her own wedding dress.  I'll have to pass on the ideas from NyKath and Carolyn.  They're great ideas to keep in mind.
mrsj