bulimia update

Recount your testimonials and personal success stories, both large and small, here. Give inspiration to others.
christianjoy
New, but learning

bulimia update

Post by christianjoy »

okay i realize this is a not so fun topic, but was just wanting to say that yesterday was my 6th week and i have lost 11 lbs with very little work or anxiety. i have purposly not excersised to see if this just would work. AND i have not purged at all. now, i have went that long before but not without thinking about it a very lot. sooooooo i seen that alot of others have looked at my previous post and was wondering if that is just curiousity or if maybe there a alot of others struggling with this very wierd and consuming eating disorder.
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
Grammasuz

Re: bulimia update

Post by Grammasuz »

I'm looking, not out of curiousity, but in support.  I am so GLAD that this is working for you.  Praise God for your success.  I am so proud and happy for you!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I agree with Suzie - we are all here for you - 6 weeks of freedom.  And you probably WILL think of it a lot for at least a while longer.  But you've done so well!!  Congratulations to you!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
niki

Post by niki »

i would DEFINITELY say that there are a lot of people that struggle with this.....and it's something that a lot of people don't come out in the open about either....
  God bless you,sister, for claiming victory over this and for sharing your success...consider starting a new topic on the medical success board so that someone with this same problem will be encouraged by your success...keep up the good work...........in Him,niki 
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Christianjoy,

Thank you so much for your honesty.  I think it takes so much courage for us to tell people who we are sometimes.  I know it has been a huge challenge for me to be completely honest about my weight and how much I want to lose.  But I have found nothing but compassion and love from the people on these boards.  *Hugs*  I know you will find the same thing.  :)  May God bless you and continue to keep you on the path to health and happiness.

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by christianjoy »

thank you all. i really feel like i am healed. i am so very thankful for this plan, i praise the Lord for it and i want to thank you all for your prayers. and Roger, thank you for sharing what the Lord blessed you with. i have tried everything short of surgery but i would have never came up with this. even when i thought i was eating right i wasnt. for example i would fix my family supper then i would have a bowl of oatmeal, or who would have thought you could ever have more than 2 or 3 pieces of fruit a day, its unreal!! PRAISE THE LORD, my prayer has finally been answered!!!
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Christian Joy! I look to support you but I also am looking because earlier this year I too was diagnosed as having Bulimia. My only difference is I never felt the need to purge. I never knew that being a compulsive overeater was a version of Bulimia. So...see you have helped many a person out there just by being open and honest with us about your struggles.
So happy for you having 6 weeks of freedom from purging!
Veronica
straniero5

Post by straniero5 »

Christian Joy,
Congratulations!
My son struggled for years and he is doing great now and you will too!
Keep up the good work...you are worth it!
Kathy
mlp
New, but learning

Post by mlp »

Hi,

I am just under 5'5". I was bulimic from 19-22 years old. And pre-bulimic/anorexic for a few years before that. I stopped binging and purging more than 20 years ago. Now I 'm 45 years-old and a mother of 3. In my teens and during my bulimic phase, I strove to weigh about 135 lbs. Before I got pregnant with my 11 year-old, I weighed somewhere around 144 pounds more or less. By then, I was fine with that. I'd sworn off dieting and weight-obessession for life once I overcame bulima.

After my 3rd child was born, I weighed 160-161 lbs when power-walking about 2.5 miles 3-5 times a week. By the time I found Let's Do Lunch, I was not exercising much. My weight had crept up to over 170 at times. That was in May 2006. Now, after 2 days of eating sweets over the holidays and gaining 3 pounds, and 2 days of returning to Let's Do Lunch normalcy, I am one pound over what I weighed on Christmas Eve, which was 147 lobs. Today I weigh 148 pounds. And I am okay with that. Maybe especially because I neither feel guilty about my Christmas eating nor crave more sweets. Plus losing the weight real fast was a very nice, though unexpected, occurence. I don't intend to be a scale-a-holic. But I am enjoying this whole experience. My health goals for 2007 are to exercise 5 to 7 days a week and weigh 135 lbs :)

Just wanted to say Thanks Roger--you have helped make a major goal of mine a reality.

Sincerely,

LaVora

P.S. you can read my story about overcoming my eating disorder and finding Let's Do Lunch on my Web site:
http://www.fortunechildbooks.com/wisdom/cravings.htm
Last edited by mlp on December 29th, 2006, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
M. LaVora Perry, Writer
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Welcome LaVora! Please keep us posted with your progress. You'll find LDL the best way to lose the weight and keep it off!