Juice

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
rose

Juice

Post by rose »

I am having trouble buying Unsweetened Juice. What brands are plentiful that you like? Most juice is made from concentrate, which doesn't work for us.
Nomo-Yoyo

Re:Juice

Post by Nomo-Yoyo »

I don't know what kind of juices you're looking for (as in what fruit), but just look for 100% fruit juice. If it says that, it won't be sweetened. My favorite is pineapple juice, which is easily found in the large cans (not frozen), & apple and grape can also easily be found in 1/2 gallon plastic bottles. I know this doesn't help you with brands, but that can vary so greatly by locale. Your post made me think you might be shopping for frozen juices, but I could be wrong. I will say that any Wal-Mart should have you covered with a variety of 100% juices. Oh, one other brand that I do know has several choices in 100% is Juicy Juice & so does Dole. There are also "off brands" found at bargain type grocery stores such as Sav-A-Lot. I don't know if that's a regional chain or what, but I imagine you prob'ly have something similar where you are. Good luck & God bless!
Luke 1:37 "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."
xinamac

Post by xinamac »

I wanted to verify that i am getting the correct juices when i go shopping. When it says 100% pure juice made from concentrate is this OK to have? When it says 100% juice not made from concentrate and pasteurized, what does this mean? Is it still OK to have? Just getting a little confused. ???
Also while i am asking about drinks i may aswell ask about soymilk. The kind i have at the moment has in it's ingredients list : Naturally milled organic evaporated cane juice. Is the cane juice, sugar cane and if so i should'nt drink it right? If that is the case, can you recommend a brand of soymilk that is Ok to have.

Thanks for any advice you can give me. :)
Nomo-Yoyo

Post by Nomo-Yoyo »

Hi Xinamac!
Since Roger has already approved the soy milk I'm using, I thought I'd pass that along to you. It's Silk brand unsweetened soy milk. I think that's a nat'l brand, so hopefully, you can find it wherever you are. Good luck & God bless!
Nomo-Yoyo
Last edited by Anonymous on November 22nd, 2005, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Luke 1:37 "For with GOD nothing shall be impossible."
rose

Post by rose »

Thanks for all the help. I will look at the labels more carefully. I thought that just because it said 100% juice that it didn't mean it wasn't sweetened.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.