TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
DEBBIEWEBE

TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Lets everyone say a prayer to God to help you and me have a good LDL day tomorrow.    Im not going to look ahead a week or a month or a year, Im going to focus on tomorrow only.  I will consume only allowed foods, I will reread my book and eat  only till full until I lose my cravings once and for all for unhealthy sweets.  Who's with me?
Love and God Bless My LDL Friends
Debbie
EnJae
Master Member

Re: TOMORROWS A CLEAN SLATE

Post by EnJae »

(My right hand raised) I pledge to join you on Monday, 22 January 2007, Sister Debbie!
EnJae
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

AMEN SISTER NJ!!!!!! BIG HUGS ((((((((((((((((NJ)))))))))))))))))) WE CAN DO THIS SWEETIE!!!!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I am confident that we can do this, Debbie! We've got the knowledge, desire and support!
Last edited by EnJae on January 21st, 2007, 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

I'm here for both of you!!! I also take this 1 day at a time! That's the only way I'll ever tackle the weight I need to lose!  good luck to you both & God bless!!!
V
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you, Support Sister V.

[See Debbie! I SAID we've got support!]
teehee

Good night, All!
NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

support yes and sharing with the starting over too! I ate bad tonight in part cuz having to clean (deeply) whole apt! and am just tooo tired to cook anything. So stopped at burger joint tonight. I did however not eat as much as I would normally have eaten!
imkay

Post by imkay »

wow!!

you ladies are going thru what i'm going thru!!

nice to know i'm not alone.

i'm with you all
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

Us men too ... I really needed this !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
zNekita

Post by zNekita »

Debbie,

I'm behind you 100%. I don't know how people go through the tough challenges in life without support. I know we have the Lord, but it so helps when we have someone else saying..."That's what's happening with me."

One day at a time with the Lord and all of you!

Sue B
But don't cry for me
'Cause I'm finally free
To run with the angels
On streets made of gold
To listen to stories of saints new and old
To worship our Maker
That's where I'll be
When you finally find me
                   Wish You Were Here - Mark Harris
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

I'm with you all!  Every morning I just concentrate at being "legal" for that day.  Then the days turn into weeks and then months.  We can all do it if we stick together!  WHAT A BUNCH OF "LOSERS" AND PROUD OF IT!  Prayers, good wishes, blessings and hugs to all,  Dawn

>^..^<
niki

Post by niki »

i'm going to pray for all you guys.....and if there's anyone else who feels that they're struggling to get back on(can i safely say this is since the overindulgence of the holidays?)speak up now......
 you all have to overload yourselves on the allowable foods as if you're newbies....if you're hungry and want to snack,make a small meal out of whatever you eat and then when you're satisfied,walk away and don't eat anything for a couple of hours..i remember reading in the book that you shouldn't snack on fruit....the reason is that if you do that,your blood sugars will never stabilize and you WON'T get rid of the cravings....
 another thing,you have to try to set up your kitchens so that you always have an emergency meal on hand....listen,you can even have a can of refried beans around and make a couple of eggs...a little fast bean soup in the freezer or my greek bean soup which is almost as easy as opening a can of soup..
 i had a REAL eye opener a few days ago when i was going to buy turkey burgers that were made with WHITE TURKEY BREAST and the box said they were 95% fat free....THEY HAD SUGAR AND DEXTROSE in the ingredients..so NOW i have to question every burger you might buy on the outside and WHY they taste SO delicious......REMEMBER that when you eat something that either has sugar or unhealthy carbs in it,you DO set yourself back..and i know i might seem rigid to some people in my following let's do lunch...but at the center of that is that i'll go off and WON'T be able to find my way back....i yoyo dieted ALL MY LIFE and wanted in the worst way to get off the carousel and STAY off...
 i know it's easier for me....i have adult children that i don't usually feel guilty enough to cook non ldl foods for....i can often make something for just my one grandson(who lives with me)taking grilled chicken out of the freezer and making him something to eat with it...or i can go through the drive in of pizza hut/taco bell(which is 5 minutes away)and get him a personal pan pizza with pepperoni.....i'm lucky if he can eat it all...i often have to bargain with him dangling dessert under his nose to even get him to eat THAT much...
 YOU ALL,FOR WHOM CHRIST DIED,DESERVE THE BEST....the best is let's do lunch.....all that sugar and unhealthy garbage is NOT GOOD ENOUGH for you guys..i have known that for years,but only with let's do lunch can i stick my nose up at the unhealthy garbage i used to not be able to live without...
 if you're getting frustrated at not being able to lose and you are REALLY following let's do lunch,you have to consider 2 possibilities....i would say there are 2 pretty common causes for following the program and not losing...you have undiagnosed thyroid disease or you need to be on glucophage(insulin resistance with or without diabetes)..either of those things need to be investigated by a doctor.....and you have to specifically tell your doctor that you are on a strict diet and are NOT losing(they won't understand about let's do lunch that it's not really a diet.....but it has better results than any "diet" I'VE ever been on and you want to make that point...so you really do want to say that to them)
 so i'm praying for you guys.....LET'S DO IT...........very sincerely,niki
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Dearest Niki,
Thank you so much Niki for keeping it real in here.  We try and talk ourselves out of what we really need to be accomplishing in here everyday and  I for one stand up to applaud you for having the "unpopular" job of setting us straight.  I can jokingly sit here and say Im at a plateau but the reality is that Im only fooling myself.  If I honestly look into it even when I am so called "following" the plan it is loosely at best.  I am at this time weaning myself off diet sodas and pledging to read labels and stick to the basics as a newbie until I can safely say I am once again without cravings and in control of my eating.  It is only with prayers and support from LDL members like yourself that I will be able to succeed.  Fooling around with cornchips and experimenting has lead me astray and it is only now after failing that I realize it is time to come here an accomplish what I originally set out to do.  I will not look into making this plan more acceptable to me until I have lost all the weight that God has willed me to by following this to plan to the letter.  Only then will I feel I can improvise and give myself the occasional TREAT!!!!!!  TREATS from this point forward are considered stumbles which I will not be depressed over but encouraged to get back on track after.  Thank you God for helping me to understand the principles I have learned here in this book and on these boards and for receiving your message as clear as a bell.
God Bless Everyone here who is now Recommitting themselves to LDL
Debbie
niki

Post by niki »

my dear friend....thank you for taking what i said to heart...i heard your applause right through the screen...your honesty was AWESOME....i KNOW you're going to do this this time...for real,you're going to shrink down to the perfect size FOR YOU.....and what you do is going to influence so many people....i CAN'T WAIT to see you post that you're turning down your favorite foods because YOU DON'T WANT THEM........you're young...you're beautiful....you should be thin................NOW YOU WILL BE...   
  God bless you ALWAYS in everything you do...your friend,always........niki   
Last edited by niki on January 22nd, 2007, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jerio

Post by jerio »

I want to say thanks to both of you for your honesty..I am just so happy that I found this board...Im only on my 6th day but I already feel in my heart that this way of life is going to work for me...and I have never , ever been able to say that before...I've also never enjoyed the food so much..I just had the best lunch that I could imagine..zucchini, "mashed bean potoatoes" and a chicken breast...can't believe how good it was...sorry Im so excited but this program is giving me something that no other has ever done....good food..good support to read, and also..the main thing I haven't had in a long time and that is  Hope...yes..wow..as Christians we know that we can do all things thru Christ, ..I think for me that I just never knew what it was that I needed to do to have success in losing weight...I am finding that stopping all white products..sugar, flour..etc. ..is giving me a chance to think straight again too...so...I could not be happier and thanks to all of you who are helping all of us..
niki

Post by niki »

you're doing great,annie.....and when i just looked back to your original post,i see that you're a diabetic AND you have elevated cholesterol levels.....RIGHT there,are 2 medical success stories in progress.......the diabetes affects your cholesterol levels because when the insulin is unable to get into the cells,it wanders around your body looking for mischief to create like a jd(haha...juvenile delinquint)..the body keeps signaling that it can't get nutrition into the cells,so the body sends MORE insulin out...MORE insulin to make more mischief.....
  so be sure to post your successes as they happen which i KNOW they will....you're doing great....keep up the good work.................niki
imkay

Post by imkay »

thanks niki. 

your love shines thru in that post!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

you have to try to set up your kitchens so that you always have an emergency meal on hand

Not only in the kitchen, but where you work too. The other day I was at my part-time weekend job, and I was getting hungry. I brought my apples and bananas, but that weren't enough. There is a diner just down the block, and luckily the lady there knows me, and got me lentil soup.

When I got home I was still starving. I then made some beans with corn .. and then it dawned on me .. I should have beans and corn in my car in case I get hungry. I can always heat them up, and it’s cheaper then the diner stuff.

So now, in my car I have a few cans of beans and corn in case I get hungry again.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
niki

Post by niki »

hey tom...with a little sterno?...or a hotplate that plugs into the cigarette lighter?....well,you're a far more devoted ldler than i am.....
  do you know that i had to just go out to my car to see if there are still cigarette lighters in cars?...and there it was right in front of me...i never paid attention to it because the only thing i smoke are a few cigars a year and never while driving............niki
jerio

Post by jerio »

Ha ha...you only smoke a few cigars....and do they have to be Cuban...ha ha...that's pretty good..it's nice to see that you have such a good sense of humor, that sure does help during the hard times , I think...I've had such a good day on this new way of eating, I can't say enough good things about it..thank God and thank Roger and all of you great people..I really want to thank you nikki for telling me about how the insulin can affect my cholesteral because my numbers were just astronomical on my last blood tests...and I really think that may be the reason, so that is comforting..when you're looking at a level of 497...yep that's what it was...a person gets pretty scared...but now that you shed some light on how it can sometimes get all out of whack because of the blood sugar, I have hope it will be much better at my next testing....I am under a Dr.s care and I am trying to do what I am supposed to do...but it can be a little scary when you see numbers like I've had lately.....thank you so much for taking the time to explain some of that for me...
                                                      Bless you..    Annie