My edema is gone!

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

My edema is gone!

Post by Jeanie Partington »

I am totally amazed!  I started eating the LDL way on January 18th.  Within 5 days, the terrible swelling from below my knees all the way to my toes was gone!  I have been to my doctor and a cardiologist.  I have had three echocardiograms.  They could find no reason for the terrible edema.  My calves and lower legs, feet and toes were so swelled and puffy that they were very painful and felt as though they would explode.  I would take Lasix and it did not remove the fluid.  The only relief I could get for my feet was to wear athletic shoes and to lace them very tightly.  And that caused the bones in my feet to hurt and ache.  It was terrible.  I have had the problem for more than two years.  The only conclusion I can come to is that I must have a food allergy of some sort.  Gluten intolerance?  I don't know.  I know that I have always been a carbaholic and I love to eat bread.  My mother always made home made bread, cinnamon rolls, cake and pies.  And I loved every bit of what she baked!

Fortunately, I also grew up eating healthy foods, and I love fruit, vegetables and beans.  I am truly enjoying the LDL food plan.  I am having no cravings.  My husband bought huge oatmeal raisin cookies, which I would have loved to eat previously.  I see them in the kitchen, but they have not been humming to me at all and I have left them alone with no problem.  How good is that???

I truly am amazed that such a chronic problem that my edema problem was that could not be figured out my several physicians is just gone in five days.  None of the doctors even thought that what I was eating could be the cause.  Of course, I never thought of it either.  The next time I go to my doctor, I am going to tell him about it and take my copy of "LDL in a nutshell" with me and let him read the synopsis of the LDL program.

I wanted to share with the group what has happened to me.

Jeanie
Give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it.  I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefiting from it.
Queenie
Administrator

Re: My edema is gone!

Post by Queenie »

Wow, Jeanie!

I just sat here mezmerized by your post.  That's absolutely amazing.  And FANTASTIC!  I am always so enthralled to read people's success stories. 

Food allegies are nasty things, and most people don't even know they have them.  I have a true dairy allergy that presents itself by raising my pulse, giving me severe headaches, making me feel "drunk" - woozy, and completely stuffing up my sinuses, and because of this, I feel like you've absolutely hit on the reason for your edema... 

Truly a medical success story.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Great News Jeanie!!!!  I know exactly what you are talking about.  I suffer from edema myself and last night being the night after my second full LEGAL day on LDL I was seriously in the bathroom peeing ALL NIGHT LONG.  I could literally feel the extra water weight being lifted from my body.  I awoke this morning with loose rings and very little swelling in my face and legs and I also felt less body aches.  It is defineately the diet helping your body return to its natural healthy state that it would be in without all the processed unhealthy foods in your body.  This same thing occurred to me back in Sept when I first started (before I fell off the wagon over the holidays) so you see if you dont stick closely to the plan the water will indeed return.  I dont know if you drink diet soda but I am convinced a major part of my problem was with artificial sweeteners in the diet pop as well as all the unhealthy carbs.  I will never encourage anyone to drink diet soda again for weight loss.  I think it defineately makes a difference.  Keep me posted on any other changes you notice your body making as you continue.  I dont know if it was just me, but I also experience better vision after several days of LDL.  
Love and God Bless
Debbie
MikeL
New, but learning

Post by MikeL »

Jeanie,

I am happy to hear LDL has helped your edema problems.  I too had suffered from leg and foot swelling for a couple of years.  I had meant to post about this also, and never got around to it.  Your success prompted me to write my experiences too.

Like you, my edema started healing within a week of starting the program.  I had suffered from it off and on for a couple of years.  My skin would get so tight (according to my doctor) that it was allowing bacteria to get under it that I would get infections.  I have had my legs actually bust open and run water out.  This is bad news when your diabetic!  I've been on Lacix and a couple of other water pills, and had IV's for the water and  to heal it.  I've had to have whirlpool treatments to get the sores to heal.  The water pills caused me problems and I couldn't stay on them.  

I started LDL and my legs healed right away.  I have had one episode where I did develop a small sore, but it healed right up and didn't get as sever as before.  

My blood sugars are doing so much better than before I started it.  If I can loose some weight, that will be an added benefit.  Lowering my blood sugars and maintaining an even number, and no leg swelling/sores and keeping my legs are worth staying on the program for me.

Good luck with your continued success!
MikeL
New, but learning

Post by MikeL »

Debbie, you posted as I was writing mine and I have to throw in my two cents.

I am alergic to aspertame, the sweetener in most diet sodas.  They make my joints (i.e. elbows and knees) and back hurt so bad I couldn't hardly stand it.  And I drank it like no tomorrow.  When the pain got bad enough, I would quit it and could see relief in a few days.  Smart, huh?

I finally quit it totally in August of 06.  I would drink Diet Rite occassionally because it used Splenda.  I was that it was approved and have been drinking probably more than I should be of it though.
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Hi Queenie.  Your dairy allergy causes reactions that one would usually associate with a food allergy.  I think it is wonderful that you found out what causes your bad reactions.  I just never thought of swelling being caused by food allergies.  And the interesting thing is that my physicians never thought of it either.  I love being able to read the posts on these discussion boards.  So much wonderful information and moral support is available.  I just LOVE this way of life.  I have excellent recipes to browse, information on new products, like the popcorn flour, that I am going to make today.  I don't have to pay to go to a meeting every week and get on the scales in front of people I don't know.  I have no need to be hungry and I do not feel pitiful.  The food that I am eating is healthy and wonderful.  I truly feel that I was led to this by God.  I had tried to get the stomach bypass surgery four times and I could not make it happen for whatever reason.  I finally got the message that I was not supposed to have the surgery.  I know that I am losing pounds, but my new digital scale goes to 440 and my weight does not register yet.  It will be a mystery how much weight I lost before 440.  But I don't care.  I am just doing my LDL each day and that is what is most important.

Thank you for your moral support, Queenie.  We all need to help each other on our journeys.  
Give me the recipe to be healthy and lose my excess weight and I will do it.  I firmly believe that God gave Roger Troy the recipe and we are all benefiting from it.
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Hi Mike.  Thank you so much for your posts.  You know, I never thought about the artificial sweeteners.  I have used them for years and years.  I don't drink diet sodas so much, but I do drink some fruit flavored sodas that are artificially sweetened.  I now use Splenda at home as a sweetener.  I will need to stay away from the pink stuff when I am out in a restaurant.  I need to check out what is in the drinks that I have been drinking.  I also have lower back joint pain and problems with arthritic knees.

Hi Debbie.  Isn't it interesting how this is working?  Last week I was so glad that I do not work outside of my home at present.  I was running to the bathroom like CRAZY!!!  LOL...  This week it has tapered off.  I am sure that I have lost many pounds of fluid.  I was just thinking, I wear a face mask for my CPAP machine at night and the straps caused me to have fluid build up around my eyes when I got up in the morning.  I mean, real bags of fluid.  And now that is gone.  Wow!  I just thought of that.  Isn't this amazing??? 

Jeanie
niki

Post by niki »

hi jeanie......wow...you have quite a success story in progress..........as they unfold,post them each in their topics on the medical success boards......
  i NEVER get tired of reading that someone is CRAVING FREE...............love it...it's my favorite thing about let's do lunch(although the list is VERY long)
  keep up the good work..................niki 
Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Hi Niki, so nice to read your post.  You know, you are correct.  I am not having ANY CRAVINGS!!!  Thank you God.  I am sure the reason is that I am eating wholesome, healthy food.  I am eating lots of grapefruit and beans.  I can't think of her name, but there is a very pretty blonde lady who has it on her posts to eat more grapefruit.  I know she would be proud of me!  When I am hungry, I eat.  I am eating lots of fruit.  I am not being deprived in the least.  I think that feeling deprived and pitiful is why DIETS don't work.  LDL is definitely not a diet.  It is a very do-able way of life that will work for the long haul.  Roger Troy is definitely proof of that.  And yes, as things progress, I will post the results.

Jeanie
niki

Post by niki »

jpartington wrote: I think that feeling deprived and pitiful is why DIETS don't work.
Jeanie

that's exactly why diets never worked for me...i had NO willpower...i'm so glad i don't need any with let's do lunch...even in my dreams,i don't feel deprived...when i used to diet before,i would dream that i was eating the stuff i wasn't supposed to eat...when i'd wake,i'd know that the end of that diet was NEAR....NOW,in my dreams,i'm dishing out the bad stuff to other people.....so my cravings are not working their way even into my dreams.......
    i eat a lot of grapefruit too,now that it's in season...and the very pretty blond lady is the inimitable mary simmons and when she reads this post,she WILL be proud of you...
  you're doing so well....keep up the good work......sincerely,niki
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

niki wrote:...and the very pretty blond lady is the inimitable mary simmons and when she reads this post,she WILL be proud of you...
   ......sincerely,niki

inimitable INDEED!!  What a perfect word to describe Little Mary!!

Carolyn

robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

another word to describe Miss  Mary is "UN LIMITABLE" and "OURS!"  Nowhere else do I see someone creating special WONDERFUL meals except here on LDL. And meals that are so versatile!!! With all those of us who post  recipes we have so many choices!!!

Veronica
cndy
New, but learning

Post by cndy »

Jpartington and Mikel, Thank-you for taking the time to share such valuable information. Do you know  many lifes you are helping. Maybe some of these Dr.'
s need to read this sight. LDL is truley amazing!!! Cndy  Ca.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Jeanie,

WOW!!!  What a fantastic report of what LDL can do for you!  There will be many visitors on the boards who will read your success story and it will convince them to at least TRY LDL and see if it will work for them.

Keep on keeping on...LDL.  It works!  If we can remain patient on this journey, we will become as thin as we want...or perhaps thinner.

Thanks for the great post!  Please keep us updated on your successes!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi All,

I am sitting here with my heart about to burst with happiness and joy.

Jeannie, I just want to tell you that you sharing honestly helps me so much.  I too have a lot to lose (almost 200) but the good news is I've already lost 29 pounds as of my last weigh in.  I go to my doctors office each month and get weighed.  I know if I had a scale in my house I would put myself totally NUTS weighing all the time.  ((((((((((Hugs)))))))))  You're on the right track with your attitude.  LDL DOES work and you will definately find YOUR BLESSING here!  *wipes the tears from my eyes*  It truly is a miracle and I am so incredibly happy that you have found us.  Welcome to the family and please feel free to email me or message me ANYTIME. 

Mike, your story has also touched my heart so very much.  I'm so glad to hear that this is working for your edema.  I had not even thought about it since I started LDL, but I used to have terrible swelling in my feet.  I never was diagnosed with anything, I thought it was because of my job.  But it just dawned on me tonight as I was reading your post that I haven't had that in months!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Aint God great?!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by EnJae »

Little Princess wrote:
"...I've already lost 29 pounds..."

YES! Good for you LP! I am so proud! May God bless you!

NJ
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

LittlePrincess wrote:... I had not even thought about it since I started LDL, but I used to have terrible swelling in my feet.  I never was diagnosed with anything, I thought it was because of my job.  But it just dawned on me tonight as I was reading your post that I haven't had that in months!   ;D  ;D  ;D  Aint God great?!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess

LP - Isn't it amazing that we don't really realize something until it isn't happening any more?  Kinda like the refrigerator running - you don't notice it until it stops... 

I'd like to share the story of how I truly knew that I had the dairy allergy - One day, gee, about 14 years ago, I was taking my kids to school.  We stopped at a light and my oldest son said, "Hey, Mom, you don't have a headache today."  I looked at him kind of funny & he said, "Every day when we stop at this light, you put your head on the steering wheel and say, 'Oh, God... I have such a headache'."  It wasn't until that moment that I realized that I DIDN'T have a headache (I was on an elimination diet to see if I had a food allergy).  Several days later I added dairy back into my diet and within 15 minutes I had a headache so bad that I couldn't hold my head up...

Amazing... and outta the mouths of babes...

Carolyn

Jeanie Partington
New, but learning

Hi Little Princess.  I knew very soon that the swelling was gone because I had been experiencing so much discomfort from the knees down.  Especially my feet and toes.  The skin was stretched so taut that it felt like it was going to explode.  My toes hurt so much.  I was so frustrated because the doctors and cardiologist could find no reason for it and therefore, had no idea of what to do for it.  The lasix didn't work.  I am thanking God daily for my beautiful feet and legs.  Yes, they are large, but not swollen.  My DH asks me daily how my feet are.  It is such a blessing to be able to tell him that they are the same.  Not swollen!!! 

I know that I need to lose 200+ pounds.  I know that I currently weigh 440+ pounds.  But you know, that doesn't bother me.  I did not get to this weight overnight.  I got here by years of yo-yo dieting.  Well, I don't do that anymore.  How do you eat an elephant?  One bite at a time.  How do you lose 230 pounds?  One pound at a time.  One day at a time.  I am truly enjoying the LDL recipes, food and the fellowship of the lovely people here on the LDL forum.  We are all doing this together and the love and support is priceless.  Maybe we should do a MasterCard commercial!!!

Jeanie
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

OFF TOPIC:

Our Mastercard commercial:
Cost to build a Ranch $ (insert amount)
Cost of LDL FOOD: $____________
Cost of flight to Ranch $_________
Losing weight the LDL way ------PRICELESS!!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

robnveronica wrote:OFF TOPIC:

Our Mastercard commercial:
Cost to build a Ranch $ (insert amount)
Cost of LDL FOOD: $____________
Cost of flight to Ranch $_________
Losing weight the LDL way ------PRICELESS!!!!

I LOVE IT!!

Carolyn