need encouragement 1 yr ann

Feel free to talk about anything and everything re Let’s Do Lunch™.
christianjoy
New, but learning

need encouragement 1 yr ann

Post by christianjoy »

hi guys, ive been gone for a while BUT i have been on plan for what will be a whole year next week that is the longest i have EVER stuck with a diet (except the 'see-food diet"  ;). i have lost only 30 lbs +/- , but i have not taken a antidepresant pill since first of january!!!! and i am virtually bulimia free, i say virtually because i feel the need to purge maybe once every 3 or 4 months even though i have not binged on bad foods just too much good food , i dont like that stuffed feeling...i know that sounds strange but eating disorders are hard to whip. i have come a very long way, its almost become a game to me.....  but lately i am getting discouraged because i havent lost a lb since july, my summers are so terribly busy and i am just satisfied with staying on plan BUT this is my slower time of year and i need to work at finding something to get me losing again, i plan on rereading the book, but i noticed one thread that saib oat meal is now acceptable (i love oatmeal) and could someone tell me what crispbread and cornthins are and can i have as much as i want of all 3 of these things? thankyou very much
... let it shin[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQpKD0R/]
e, let it shine, let it shine.
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: need encouragement 1 yr ann

Post by Forever Young »

Christianjoy,

I can tell you about Corn Thins.  They are Real Foods Original Corn Thins.  Also the Lemon pepper variety of these is the ONLY other flavor that is permitted.  I get mine at a coop store in the town where I go to the Chiropractor.  Yes, these are unlimited as they are made from crushed popcorn, formed into patties.  They are good.  I only eat them occasionally as that is how often I desire them.

I am not sure that it is really OATMEAL that is approved.  It is some sort of oat cereal so someone else will have to clarify that for you.  Since I liked that stuff TOOOOOO well, I really don't trust me with it...and so I don't even want to think about it.

I am perfectly satisfied with my fruit in the morning along with my added POPCORN.  In the cooler weather I eat a hot apples with cinnamon, splenda, and nutmeg and ginger.  That seems to satisfy me so I don't venture on to other things.

We use the RyVita crisps bread.  Jim likes them in his soup.  I use them in my burgers of 1/2 turkey and 1/2 beef.  Lots of times I put popped popcorn in my soup for thickening instead of crackers.

I feel really blessed that I lost 47 pounds in the first year.  I had lots of medical problems when I first started LDL, but they have and are going away with each passing month.  Yes, I have had to take some meds, but I THANK GOD every day that I feel so much better now that a year ago.  Check out my posting on the medical success stories if you haven't done so already.

May I suggest you reread your book a couple of times.  I know when I went through it, I missed alot of stuff and would not have comprehended some info if I hadn't read it at least four times.  (Roger Troy suggests at least three times on the diet part.)

Ask any other questions you may have.  Someone else on the boards might have already been through it.  Keep us posted on your progress.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Wow! 1 year w/ only the occasional purge?! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I too haven't lost as much as I wanted, but am down 52 # in a year...so am doing good. You can do this. We're here for you!
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:i am virtually bulimia free

but lately i am getting discouraged because i havent lost a lb since july...................i noticed one thread that said oat meal is now acceptable (i love oatmeal) and could someone tell me what crispbread and cornthins are and can i have as much as i want of all 3 of these things?

what a wonderful story of victory........praise God............

honestly, if you haven't lost any weight since july which is now almost 4 months, i would seriously take a close look at what you're eating to see if you can get yourself into the losing mode.....have you been following it consistently all these months?....because, if you have, you might want to reprogram yourself to go back to the basics, which is what i do ALL the time since if i eat the occasional treats, i DON'T lose weight(which would mean cutting certain things OUT, not adding stuff...eat the stuff you can have unlimited amounts of)...........i mean, i KNOW you feel great....but, especially if you're feeling a little discouraged, maybe it's time to take a closer look................sincerely,niki
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

One thing that I am constantly reminded of...is...I didn't gain ALL this weight overnight...and I definitely WON'T lose it all overnight.  So, how ever many pounds I have lost is that much LESS of me.  Every pound down is A VICTORY in itself!

Yes, I have reached plateaus.  I suspected that I would.  At those points I just had to go back and re-examine the basics and see if I have ventured toooooo far from the original plan.  Then sometimes...it is just your body adjusting to the "newer you" and then it will turn loose of some more pounds.  We just have to persevere until the body releases the pounds.  BUT...STAY  THE  COURSE.....DO  NOT  ABANDON  THE  TRAIN!

Keep on keeping on...on LDL...and the boards.  Keep us posted on what is happening.

Love,
Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I remember when you first joined - and we all prayed and prayed that you would be able to overcome the eating disorder.  I would say that you have succeeded BEAUTIFULLY!!

As far as not losing weight - I know when I didn't lose for four months, I emailed what I was eating (not the quantity, just the items) to a fellow LDL'er & she was able to see almost immediately what I was eating that may have prevented my weight loss.  Unfortunately, it was about that time that my life went into a tailspin and I stopped doing LDL - I don't want this to happen to you!  I'm now starting over... so I encourage you - email SOMEBODY - or if you'd like, post what you're eating - someone here will be able to help.

Congratulations on the BIG VICTORY -

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Tori

Post by Tori »

Congratulations, Christianjoy, on taking control of your eating disorder. It can be extremely tough, I know. I've been down the "not eating" road myself in the past, (not bulemic, just only eating enough to keep myself from passing out), and it's a hard thing to start putting food into the body after that.

One thing that has me concerned is wondering how much weight you still need to lose? Are you thin already? Is your body telling you it is time to stop losing weight, and just maintain? I know that a lot of time with eating disorders, we feel we still need to lose weight, when in all reality, we are already at a weight that is healthy for our bodies. It is then conquering the whole body image issue in our *mind*.

I was looking back at some pictures from about 10 years ago when I thought I was so fat, and honestly, I looked FANTASTIC! I weighed far less than I do now, but my whole body image was skewed. I couldn't understand why I was having such a hard time losing weight, and now that I've seen those pictures, I understand why. I didn't *need* to lose anymore.

This may not be the issue in your case, but it was just something I was concerned with, and thought I would ask. Eating disorders are tricky things, and I'm worried about your overall health, first and foremost. (((Hugs)))

Take care, and again, congratulations on getting control of your eating disorder, and your life! (:
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

hey guys, thanks again for your time and concern. Queenie, your too sweet. Tori, thank you but trust me i have more to lose.;)

okay here it is i started at 195 and had lost 35 but have gained 5 of it back so that puts me at 165. im 5'5".   really im proud of the progress so far....i mean i dont obsess about food any more, i can actually be happy watching my family eat pizza and all the goodies without being overcome with resentment... i can even just hold my husbands hershey bar up to my nose, take a big wiff and be satisfied! how awesome is that? i feel so much better about myself. next week i will have spent 1 whole year with HOPE! Praise God for it is He that orchestrated my seeing Roger on TV. and when i saw his interview i was like 'yah yah yah blah blah blah ive tried it all nothing works' but at the end of the interview (and he almost didnt have time to say this ) he said that all the proceeds go to ministry work, and that was it for me, i thought if he was giving so much to the Lord than i would donate my 20.00 as well.

ive been eating meat at supper time and eating fruit between meals which i know are big no nos, even though its really approved foods i just need to be more careful of the timing. so im going to try to be more aware of when i put certain things in my mouth. thank you and God bless you all.

okay could someone clarify, is it some sort of cold cereal made with oats or can we actually have old fashioned quaker oat---ya know hot oatmeal......mmmmmmm i sure would love me a big bowl of oatmeal :)
Last edited by christianjoy on October 24th, 2007, 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote: could someone clarify, is it some sort of cold cereal made with oats or can we actually have old fashioned quaker oat---ya know hot oatmeal......mmmmmmm i sure would love me a big bowl of oatmeal :)

actually, this was something i wanted to clarify with roger myself and i did....regular quaker oats are fine..as long as there are no sugars and there is minimal processing of the oats...it has me thinking too, that i could make some stewed apples and put them on top of the oatmeal and sprinkle liberally with cinnamon(cinnamon helps stabilize blood sugars,too)...............niki 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:ive been eating meat at supper time and eating fruit between meals which i know are big no nos, even though its really approved foods i just need to be more careful of the timing. so im going to try to be more aware of when i put certain things in my mouth. thank you and God bless you all.

do you mean because roger suggests eating meat at lunchtime or are you talking about eating fruit between meals?.....for ANY and ALL newbies, i want to take this opportunity to say that it is perfectly acceptable to eat your main meal at dinnertime...during the day is good when you can..........the truth is that after you've had a big bowl of bean soup and salad, you can't eat as much meat or chicken as you used to...this is ANOTHER wonderful benefit of let's do lunch....americans eat WAY too much animal protein...it's bad for your kidneys(there's a whole generation of dialysis patients evolving since the atkin's diet came out in the early 70s)..combining the protein in the beans with a moderate amount of meat, chicken or fish is REALLY good for you(my cholesterol level the last time i had it drawn was 148..and my good cholesterol is higher than it has ever been in my entire life)...   
  and fruit.....i suggest you be careful to eat until you're REALLY full so that you don't need to snack too often.............if you eat even the allowable foods too often, your blood sugars will NEVER have the chance to stabilize.....i find that women in particular have a problem eating until full..and if they compound that with snacking too much, they're setting themselves up for failure and that's NOT what i want....i want us to be one BIG group of LOSERS.........niki
Last edited by niki on October 24th, 2007, 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

really?!!!!! i can have old fashioned quaker oats?? is there any stipulations?...like time of day or amount, can i have all i want as often as i want?  because if not i would probably be better off not having any at all, ya gotta understand i dont know how to do any thing in moderation. there are foods that i have never tasted in my life like pecan pie or cream cheese pies or pumpken pie ect. because im sure they way everyone else acts about these foods that i would probably love them also and i choose to not know what iam missing.  thank you so much hope im not being a pain.  can anyone tell me if i have the latest version of the book? mine has a dark blue cover with a white plate and a fork holding a before and after pic of Roger. says;          "ROGER TROY WILSON
who has kept the weight off for over 15 years, introduces
                      Let's Do Lunch"
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:really?!!!!! i can have old fashioned quaker oats?? is there any stipulations?...like time of day or amount, can i have all i want as often as i want?  because if not i would probably be better off not having any at all, ya gotta understand i dont know how to do any thing in moderation.

easy there......yes...but remember that you have other foods to eat for your other meals..we're not talking about eating oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.....you should be eating large enough meals until full so that you don't really need to snack much....
  i have a copy here of the latest edition and the front says "you'll never have to diet again"..........perhaps what you have is a previous edition.....but very little has changed, so you're fine...........niki   
christianjoy
New, but learning

Post by christianjoy »

thanks niki, lol i did sound a little too excited there didnt i? after i posted that last post i looked at some other threads and seen a couple of places where you all talked about food allergies and that what you were allergic to is what you actually crave, and i got to thinking that since my drs say that the reason i have been able to kick the antidepressants is that i must have been allergic to some of the foods that i have omitted, sooooo i think i will just forget the oatmeal all together, what the heck, i havent had any for 1 year surely im not going to dye without it!!
thanks again
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

christianjoy wrote:my drs say that the reason i have been able to kick the antidepressants is that i must have been allergic to some of the foods that i have omitted..

if that's the case, i would be particularly careful, if i were you, to eat the basic program like i do, not adding a lot of different things.....niki
Rhea

Post by Rhea »

Just wanted to add my congratulations, Christianjoy. You may have 'only' lost 30 pounds (as you say)but to have got off anti-depressants and overcome bulimia too -- wow, that's so cool.

'Back to basics' seems to be a good plan when the weight-loss stalls. It is easy to get into bad habits, as the others have said. Eating Bean Soup every day, often twice a day, is what seems to start the weight loss again for me. Also watch added fats -- it's very easy, I find, to start getting careless with these, and though a little olive oil is fine, I find I have to watch myself here.

I'm sure you'll start losing again soon!

Warmly,

Rhea