Easy Mexican Chicken

Great filling main dish recipes!
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: Easy Mexican Chicken

Post by Gwennaford »

Oh, Mary!  This sounds so good.  I'll make it tomorrow after the fruit flush.  I'm the only one eating LDL, so I'll double-foil 3 of the pouches & freeze them after they cool.

I use generic canned tomatoes & green chilis (the hot kind) instead of salsa.  That's what my former favorite Mexican restaurant puts on the tables with their tortilla chips.  They just just buzz it up in the blender a little to give the juice some body.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

RE: "heavy duty aluminium foil"

How do you pronounce the highlighted word?  Do you say "al u min' i um", or "a lum' i num"? ;)
ImageImage
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Gonna make this tomorrow and add a heaping tablespoon of mexicorn!!!!!!

a loo ma num

lol

Gwennaford why can I not see your pic?  Does everyone else see it?
Last edited by DEBBIEWEBE on February 25th, 2008, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Look again, Debbie -- CAROLYN THE GREAT set me up just today.  YAAAAAAAYYYYEEE.  Now you can see, along with me, how much I improve in the time to come.
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Mary, I hope you know I was "having you on!"  Please!!!  I think it's totally charming to speak with an accent, and having it come out in your writing occasionally is to be expected.  I never would have noticed the extra "i" in "that word" if I hadn't copied & pasted your wonderful Mexican Chicken recipe into a Word document and it came up with a squiggly red line under it! 

Please, please -- don't be offended & stop bringing us recipes!!  (again, kidding)
ImageImage
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Gwennaford,
                It's great to see your pic! I like to see the folks I am visiting with! I am so glad you joined us
          May G-d bless you
                                    Kris
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Thanks Kris!  I'm so happy to be here.  I feel like I've come home.  I thank our Heavenly Father every day that Roger and Anita found me lurking out there in TV land.

I'm glad for a chance to ask you a question.  I noticed when you type HIS name you use a symbol to replace the "o".  I wondered if it is meant to show respect in the use of His name.  Is that the reason?  I have read excerpts of Victorian era ladies' diaries that do this and I wondered...
ImageImage
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Mary, I made your Easy Mexican Chicken recipe last night and was it ever yummy!!!  But I made a slight mistake.  I didn't see the part about 1 TSP. of chili powder OR cumin and I used a whole tablespoon of both.  I really need to get my glasses checked!  Luckily, I like spicy food.

I said I'm the only LDL'er in my family.  Well...as soon as I cut open my packet, my husband came sniffing out of his cave and wanted a bite.  A few minutes later he cruised through the dining room again with a big bowl in his paws, saying, "I took one of your packages!"  So YAY for Mary!!!
ImageImage
graceface66
Master Member

Post by graceface66 »

Hi Gwenna
      I write G-d the way I do because the Jews say that it is wrong to write G-ds name,especially if it can be erased. One Rabbi says that because the computer gets shut down....we are erasing G-d's name ,so I choose not to offend.
                          Kris

some sites to clarify this/....  www.chabad.com  and www.aish.com
If thou shalt confess with your mouth the L-rd Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that G-d hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. Roman's 10:9-10
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Kris, That's very interesting.  I knew there was a good reason.  Thank you for the enlightenment!

Gwen
ImageImage
BigBen

Post by BigBen »

U know what, this really is easy. So easy I made it myself so I dont' need all U nice friends of mine shipping it to my Fedex this time.

Your friend, Ben
p.s. but U can still send some meat balls & some tamale pie. thx.
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

I made this tonight, and it was very good!  With it I also made the garbanzo guacamole, and we had corn... YUMMMY!  So easy and delicious!
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

This recipe sounds great!
Thanks for another wonderful recipe!  :rose:

Little Mary that is interesting what you said about your accent. My Grandmother spoke with an English accent and my Mother was the first of her children to be born in Canada. People say that my daughter and I speak differently but we have never been able to really figure it out! I have presumed it is because of our English roots!  :thumbsup: Of course in Canada there is the French influence as well! We live on the Border of Canada and the U.S.  :) We have friends and relatives on both sides and travel back and forth a lot!
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Mary, I'm going to fix this for Sunday.  I'm cooking for my family-My hubby and my birthday parties.  I plan to fix this on Saturday.  Then put it in the oven right before Church on Sunday on timed bake.  Since our son is on a low salt, it will work well.  I'll also fix roasted veggies, and red jacket potatoes.  Of course, I'll have some tasty soups.  Water cress greens are ready now so will fix a big skillet of them.  I parboil first and then saute in evoo. With a big salad of greens and a bowl of fruit, cake will only be an option. I like easy recipes.  Thanks, JF
leisuregranny

Post by leisuregranny »

I made this for lunch today.  Didn't have any canned beans, so I chopped up a large carrot and added some sliced mushrooms and chopped onion.  I used some of my homemade Habanero salsa (extremely hot).  The skinless chicken breast I used was a very large, thick one (bought at Sam's), so my husband and I were able to share it.  Unfortunately, because it so big and thick, it was still raw in the center after 20 minutes in the oven.  I just put it in the microwave for 5 minutes and it was good to go.  I think next time, though, (and there will definitely be a next time) I will saute the onions, mushrooms, and carrot a bit to add more flavor.  The chili powder gave enough seasoning, and I didn't even have to add any salt or pepper.  This dish was delicious.  It may become a weekly staple for my husband and me.  Thanks for this great recipe.

Blessings,
Sylvia
IF WE MEET AND YOU FORGET ME, YOU HAVE LOST NOTHING. 
BUT, IF YOU MEET JESUS AND FORGET HIM, YOU HAVE LOST EVERYTHING!