[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4786: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4788: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4789: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4790: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3915)
Let's Do Lunch Community • View topic - Staying on LDL while Pregnant

Let's Do Lunch Community

See your doctor for approval before starting any new eating program.
The Key to Let's Do Lunch is to "Add a Little Something Fattening" to something nonfattening, to make it Taste Great! Read the New Red Book to find out how this is done!

Author believes we are put on this earth to have a chance to love The Lord. Other than that, we are here to help God bless as many other people as possible.

It is currently

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

I have been do the LDL lifestyle makeover for a while and have been moderately successful. {I hate the term diet so I chose to look at it as a lifestyle makeover.} I am about 17 weeks pregnant and my question is: Is it safe to continue eating the LDL while pregnant? I did discuss it with my doctor, however they were of no help since they had never heard of the program and have little nutrition education. Being overweight to begin with makes pregnancy risky, I was told I really should only gain the 20 pounds associated with the baby to avoid getting gestational diabetes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not using my pregnancy as a license to eat anything and everything. I wish to continue eating the LDL way because quite frankly I feel better and I eat more fruits and vegetables now then I ever did. Any ideas on how I can continue and not jeopardize my babies health?

Profile Send private message  

It's a real shame your health care provider wasn't a bit more helpful to you when you asked about how to eat when you're pregnant.  I'm certainly no doctor, but I'll be as much help as I can!  A  big concern for every expectant mother is that her unborn child is receiving all of the right nutrients to promote healthy growth.  All of the fresh fruits and vegetables we eat with Let's Do Lunch is a great start.  Think about it...what nutrition would your baby be receiving if you were eating chips, cookies and donuts?  A wide range of green leafy vegetables, fruits and protein are important.  Lean meat is really good for you, as is most seafood.  When you are pregnant, avoid uncooked or undercooked meats, eggs & seafood.  Also, check with your doctor for the full list of seafood that is risky for pregnant women....large fish like swordfish and tuna can contain mercury which is dangerous, and should therefore be avoided or limited.  One part of Let's Do Lunch that I think may have to be modified until after your baby is born or until you finish breastfeeding is the fact that you will need to consume a LOT of calcium, moreso than almost everyone else.  Make sure your orange juice/V8 juice is the calcium-added variety, eat green leafy vegetables and tofu that also contain a lot of calcium, and ask your doctor how much dairy you should consume or if calcium supplements/pre-natal vitamins are advisable instead.  Your doctor is right.....it is vitally important that you don't gain too much more weight if you've already gone into pregnancy weighing too much. 

You can do it, and we're here to help you!  Congratulations on making a good healthy start for your child.  We wish you the very best.

Blessings,

Mary

when i was pregnant the first time,i was at least 20 pounds overweight(if not more)...i only gained 14 pounds because i have a familial history of diabetes and i was afraid of developing gestational diabetes..i cut all sugars out...i still ate all the carbs...so you shouldn't have any fear of doing ldl while pregnant...because just as mary said,you're eating a very healthy,balanced diet....speaking of mercury,i remember reading an article online about mercury in salmon......what i would do if i were you is,i would go online and look into the things that are suspicious(like mercury)that people caution pregnant women about...in my opinion,you'll get more info that way than any doctor i've ever met will give you..i would be caffeine free and i wouldn't take any medication unless i absolutely had to..and i wouldn't use any artificial sweeteners either...quite honestly,i would even hesitate with stevia ...you might go online and they might reassure you that it is perfectly fine....but,if i were you,i still wouldn't.......you never know when something might prove to be bad for you or your baby down the road..why not play it safe?..what is wonderful for you with the ldl lifestyle is that you can eat that way most of the time,and if you have a craving you want to indulge,you can do so without guilt...it'll keep you from gaining too much weight and you'll be happier for it....try to keep your stress level down,be good to yourself and enjoy your pregnancy...........God bless ...niki 

Thank you Mary and Niki for the information. I had heard about the fish so I limit my intake now to just once a month and it usually is wild salmon. Niki I totally agree with you about the artificial sweeteners. I am currently studying to be a dietetican and I had learned that aspartame should not have even been approved for consumption by humans, however the key people involved with passing it were on the companies payroll. Needless to say since I learned that about 6months ago I stopped using all artificial sweeteners all together. Thank you both for the advice and I will continue as long as we both are healthy. I really see no reason not to. The food is really better on the LDL program then if I was to being eating out all the time. Plus  I have not had any cravings and limited morning sickness. Again thank you both for you help in this matter. 
Have a Blessed Day!
Janet

Roger Troy, author of Let's do Lunch (amazing reviews at amazon.com, made The 700 Club's "Top Highlights of the Last 50 Years!", called an "International Sensation", a "Smash Hit" and the "Most Buzzed-about Weight-loss Book of the Year!" by FIRST Magazine (for women)