Curried Chickpea and Cilantro Soup

All our yummy soup recipes!
LovinLDL

Re: Curried Chickpea and Cilantro Soup

Post by LovinLDL »

Mmmmm, my new favorite soup...Chicken Curry...basically this soup with shredded chicken.

Mmmmm

Thanks Mary!

Blessings,
Julie
lisbeth
New, but learning

Post by lisbeth »

OMG I love this soup.  I never thought I was a chick pea fan before.  You should all try it.
lisbeth
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Still the favorite at our house.  Even with the heat of this summer, our family still has this soup at least 2x/mo.

Blessings,
Julie
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

I'm glad this was brought back up, I just made curried chickpeas (GREAT!) but I like everything better in soup form!  Thanks again, Little Mary, for another amazing recipe!!! :thumbsup:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
stacyduzhair

Post by stacyduzhair »

This was my 1st receipe made from this site....So good!!!!  It was yesterdays lunch.  Today for lunch I added some left over black bean salad and other vegies and it is still wonderul!! 

Thanks,
Stacy
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm going to try this recipe tomorrow.  I'm going to use dried chick peas.  It sounds like it is going to be really good. 
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, this soup smells terrific!  It isn't quite lunch time, but I had to take a little taste and it is so delicious.  I used a whole bag of dried beans, so I doubled plus a little the recipe.  I always share with my nephew and his wife who are dabbling in LDL, but aren't fully committed yet.  I also share with my neighbor who is just getting into it.  I am adding grilled chicken to mine like Julie does.  I know it is going to be excellent.  I am even going to bring some to my husband to go along with his sandwich.  If he'd just try, I know he could love LDL as much as I do. To be able to eat such a scrumptious soup as this and continue to lose weight is just so awesome to me.

Little Mary, thank you for making all these recipes up.  You have a gift, little lady. :kissed:  I am in no way going to get bored on this plan.
Last edited by crickadoodle on July 12th, 2010, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenheron

Post by greenheron »

Salsa?  Really?  I would think the "Mexican edge" that would give might be intrusive...especially the bell pepper taste.

I haven't tried this yet, or any of the curry recipes I see mentioned so often, and it's silly, because I LOVE curry...it's great in tuna salad, or chicken salad, or on popcorn.  I used to make a (full fat) curry dip that was awesome with raw cauliflower.

I'll have to try this one, but I'd also like links to anyone else's favorite curry recipes, if you wouldn't mind tracking them down.

(How many bookmarks are we allowed? ;) )
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

The Salsa "makes" it.  We use Pace medium when we don't have time to make our own.

Blessings,
Julie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

This is really a winner and I'll be making it again and again in the future.  I brought some for my husband to try when I brought him a sandwich to work for lunch.  (He isn't doing LDL, ...... yet. ;))  He ate it and wouldn't commit on whether he liked it or not.  He said something silly like, "I'm eating it because I love you."  :rolleyes:  But he isn't fooling me, because he never eats anything he doesn't like.  Not even because he loves me.  :inlove:  I'm just going to keep doing LDL and keep losing weight, eventually he'll join me. He is eating more fruit and I think he lost a few pounds just from this.  :)
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, I used the Pace Salsa too.  All the ingredients were fine.  The smell in my kitchen was so good.  I loved cooking this.
MandaM

Post by MandaM »

This is really goood, but I'm breaking out in a sweat right now eating it!  I may need to reconsider the HOT salsa next time around, but it is DEEELISH!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWatE89/]
[/url]
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Bumping this back to the top for CL (I think that was who said they hadn't acquired a taste for curry).  For her and others who haven't, try this soup!

Blessings,
Julie
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I think this soup is delicious, Julie.  I made it the way you said you did, with grilled chicken chopped into it.  It is really great that way.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

greenheron wrote:Salsa?  Really?  I would think the "Mexican edge" that would give might be intrusive...especially the bell pepper taste.

greenheron, this is the homemade salsa I like to make. I'll have to try it in Mary's recipe. I also love *love* any thing prepared with curry.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Salsa-Cruda-III-12724

CQ
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Just looked up this recipe again, as I want to make it for my class tomorrow night.  I love reading old posts I made, because it reminds me of so much.  My husband wasn't doing LDL back then, but is now.  I was planning to make this soup again and again, but I didn't.  I found Niki's favorite bean soup and just have made it so many times and love it.  Well, I'm ready to experiment again and start trying different recipes.  I'm going to get the ingredients tonight and make this tomorrow.  I know I'll love it, because I remember how good it was!
yourdish

Post by yourdish »

Came looking for something inspiring to cook tomorrow for my visiting vegetarian daughter. She will LOVE this one, made with veggie broth instead of chicken broth. We ate your most filling tomato the other day, and plan to do your pizza soup soon. What would our house be without your great recipes?! I don't want to know... Thanks so much, Little Mary.

Meg (yourdish)
Happiness is frozen grapes and warm friends!

Give in to your bean cravings!

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wyfSlc2/