To GwennaFord and Everyone else with physical problems

Post here about how your health has been improved since eating the LDL way!
Janet in Tenn

To GwennaFord and Everyone else with physical problems

Post by Janet in Tenn »

Gwen, I have read many of your posts but never realized the extent of your physical condition until I read your post on a thread entitled "Neuropathy".  What you said really touched my heart.  I hope you don't mind that I have pasted a couple of lines from that post below:

"I'm still in a wheelchair with arthritis after 8 years and I have to believe there's help out there somewhere -- treatment, education, rehabilitation -- SOMETHING.  I'm praying that God will put some of that stuff in my path." 

I'm 52 and developed arthritis in my knees a little over a year ago.  My knees were so stiff and sore that I could barely walk.  At first, I was diagnosed with a torn patella tendon, but when the same pain developed in my other knee, I knew it was arthritis.  I read and searched, and prayed for a end to my suffering.  Fortunately, I have found several things that really help me so that I can go about my daily work.  I have a lot of livestock to tend and I milk every day, and they all have to be fed twice a day, everyday.

One of the things that has really helped me is taking Apple Cider Vinegar with water every day.  Another is taking Black Strap Molasses.  Black Strap refers to the third boiling of the molasses so the minerals and B vitamins are concentrated.  I have also had migraines for almost four decades, and these two substances combined, completely wipe out my migraines.

I learned about vinegar and molasses for migraines, and arthritis on a website where people share folk remedies that have helped them.  The site is EarthClinic dot com.  They do not sell anything, are not promoting anything, and their only interest is in sharing information from people all over the world about what works for various ailments and diseases.   I am eternally grateful for learning how to control my blinding, crippling headaches.

When you go to the site, click on the ailments tab, then click thru and read the arthritis pages.  I am sure you will find something there that will help you. 

Good luck to you, and may God bless you,  Janet in Tennessee
Last edited by Janet in Tenn on January 10th, 2009, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janet in Tennessee
Gwennaford
Master Member

Re: To GwennaFord and Everyone else with physical problems

Post by Gwennaford »

thanks so much Janet. I'll definitely go there. I'm bookmarking this now. more later.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Hey Janet

Welcome to LDL .
Are you on the plan?
Also where are you from in Tn if you don't care to share that info with me. I'am also from Tn.

From One Hillbilly To Another
                                                                                                Connie :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
Janet in Tenn

Post by Janet in Tenn »

Hi Connie,

Yes, I am doing LDL.  I bought the book 3 or 4 years ago, read it, then tossed it into the "can't do that" pile, and promptly forgot all about it.  I happened upon it again a few weeks ago at Amazon dot com and read the reviews, then came here and read the success stories, and thought;  Well, it might work. 

I am a serious Bible student and I kept thinking about the last verses of Genesis, chapter 1.  God said we are to eat fruits and plants bearing seed.  Oddly enough, He didn't mention any roots (potatoes, come to mind), and there aren't any instructions to discard any edible parts of grains and use only the starchy parts. 

I've only been doing the program for a couple of weeks, but it seems like a real possibility that I might be able to eat this way indefinitely.  I've never been a big fruit eater, but I can eat my share of beans and I buy popcorn in 50# bags at Sams. 

I live in Mt. Juliet, off I40, just outside of Nastyvile.  I grew up in Nashville and it was such a wonderful city, but unfortunately, it has been overrun by people who have come across our southern border without permission.  I understand and love rules, and I loathe rule breakers and criminals, so I had to move out.

thanks for askin, its seems like a nice group of people here,  Janet
Janet in Tennessee
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

Hey
Well Janet first of all we'er are really close to each other say maybe 60 miles I'am from Smithville just up I40.
Wow this is so neat to have some close thats on the plan.
Yes girl you have got to give this great plan a try>.....I got on it in Jan 06 its the best ever. I don't do well with portion control and going to meetings.
So I lost bout 40 pds was easy ________of course off plan for yr and back on now got to try and lose 20pds only gained 10 but lots of inches.
I to was not a big fruit eater unless in ice cream or cake, pie you get the idea, but since on ldl I love Bananas,and grapes.When I first started plan I would pop me some popcorn and carry grapes with m,e in ziptop baggies.I was always one when I would check out at walmart or other grocery store had to have a candy bar to go ,now I look but don't touch lol.
Hey girl if I can do this, then any one can read the book at least 3 times.Then you decide what you want to have at meal times.The fruit is really good for some one with sweet tooth like me *love* *love* *love*never met a sweet thing I don't like lol.

Really give this plan a month its so easy to follow you can also eat out on this plan alot.Try it what have you got to lose??????/
Plus where can you go and get the support like this any where else.No place that I know a wonderful bunch of people so glad to answer any questions and help on your journey.All you got to do is ask. So please give it a try.Good luck and maybe I got a new friend :D

Connie
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
Janet in Tenn

Post by Janet in Tenn »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi Janet. Welcome aboard. Please email me, roger@letsdolunch.com , saying that you would like the "coming" changes to the next printing of the book, and I will send them to you free of charge. They are substantial, and you will really like what they say.

God bless and enjoy!

Roger Troy

Thank you Roger Troy, I am very happy to get the changes, I've been wondering what they are going to be.  The book that I have was copywrited in 2003/2005 and printed right here in my home town of Nashville, Tennessee.
thanks again, Janet in TN
Janet in Tennessee
Janet in Tenn

Post by Janet in Tenn »

Connie,
Thanks so much for the encouragement, I sure do need it !  I will be sending you my email address, and I think you have made a new friend !    Janet in Tennessee
Janet in Tennessee
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Janet and Connie -- Speaking as an Ozark hillbilly, I feel like I have found a couple kindred spirits in you two!  My husband is also from Tenn., but now we are transplanted to Florida.  We'll probably stay here, but we have fond memories of hiking those misty mountains!

Janet, I had to laugh about you buying popcorn in 50 lb. bags at Sam's.  I do that, too.  I have already worn out my first Presto PowerPop microwave popper.  I couldn't find the paper power concentrator cups in the store, so I bought a case online so now I have enough for about 10 years!  LOL

CONNIE - IT'S SO GOOD TO HAVE YOU BACK ! ! !  You sound so good, enthusiastic and cheerful again.  I have really missed you.

Love to all, Gwen
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
massageangel

Post by massageangel »

Gwen,

May I ask where in Florida you live?  I'm in Orlando; originally from Minnesota.